• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Quickest way to get into the World Showcase in the morning

AndyFL

This is my tag....one day I'll be all big and my c
Been to Disney many times but this has never been an issue because there was no reason to "be the first" to get into the WS when it opens at 11. Now with all the talk I hear about long lines to see Anna and Elsa that has changed. A year or so ago we stayed at BC and when we went into Epcot before 11 it seems like there was a line of CMs making sure you walked straight to Epcot. Okay, now you know all I know about pre-11am WS. Do they do a rope drop of sorts at the bridge that goes from Epcot to WS? I was thinking of entering via the Int Gateway at about 10:50 so that I would still be in the WS when it officially opens and that way I could stroll over to Norway.

Any tips or ideas would be much appreciated.

You can access Norway as soon as the Park opens.:)

They allow early access to Norway because of the early ADRs for Akershus.:)

The only things open in Norway until 11:00 AM are Akershus and "part" of the Merchandise Shop.

There are ropes between Norway and China and between France and Morocco until 11:00 AM.

Do you have to have an ADR or can you just walk on over and hang out in the shop?

Also, can anyone shed some light on how fast the line gets packed to see Elsa and Anna? I'm planning on us doing this Wed because it is supposed to be pretty cold in the morning and the high for the day is only going to get into the low 50s so I'm hoping this will keep a majority of folks away.

You have to have an ADR to enter Epcot before it open, but not to go to Norway once the park opens.

Just keep in mind - a 2-3 hour wait is a 2-3 hour wait; whether you do it from 9-11:30 or noon to 2:30.

The difference is, by getting in line at 9 am, you are losing out on the opportunity to do the other headliners at 9 am with little to no wait.

We got in line last week at noon, were in front of Anna & Elsa by 2:15 and packed up and on our way by 2:30.

Pick a day at Epcot after p.m. Extra Magic Hours, if you can let one person stay in line then have the others come meet; do so and if you have another Epcot day planned during the week I suggest walking over there a time or two and asking ow long the wait is. If it's noon and they are saying getting in line then would be for the 3pm show, you can probably bet the wait will be somewhere in the 2:15-2:45 range.

AndyFL - did it work out for you?

We will be at BC on Sat night and Sun plan on walking over to EPCOT via Intl gateway at 9am when the park opens. I guess you have to go the "long" way around to get to Norway due to ropes - ie head to left as you go in Intl Gateway gates? Can anyone confirm that? Plus, anywhere to get coffee at that time on the walk over? I know France bistro is open at 9am but curious if I have to go in other direction what may be available.

Hoping to be in the 11am group and was curious how your fared. Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated!!

I guess you have to go the "long" way around to get to Norway due to ropes - ie head to left as you go in Intl Gateway gates? Can anyone confirm that?

Yes,there will be a rope between France and Morocco until 11:00 AM so you can't go to Norway that way.:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter