Quickest way from MK to Epcot

Taylor Hart

Earning My Ears
My friends and I are planning a quick trip, and we are all former CPs, so we are definitely familiar with WDW. However, we don't know the quickest way from MK to EPCOT. Monorail or car? What would you estimate the time being from the time we leave MK and head to TTC to EPCOT?

Bus. You don't have to go to TTC - busses are right outside MK and go directly to EPCOT with no stops.

Bus. You don't have to go to TTC - busses are right outside MK and go directly to EPCOT with no stops.
Unless there's been a change I don't know of, buses don't go from park to park. You'd have to bus from a resort, ie walk to Contemporary. You're better of going by car, whether Uber, rental or MinnieVan. MinnieVan would be the best cause they can drop off where buses do, but they would also be more expensive than an Uber. Uber I believe you'd have to meet at TTC but I've not used them so not certain how they work with MK. I'd say monorail would be 45 minutes, there's a lot of stops along the way.

When we were there last January the buses did go from park to park. We took a bus from HS to MK, MK to AK and AK to EPCOT.

Unless there's been a change I don't know of, buses don't go from park to park. You'd have to bus from a resort, ie walk to Contemporary. You're better of going by car, whether Uber, rental or MinnieVan. MinnieVan would be the best cause they can drop off where buses do, but they would also be more expensive than an Uber. Uber I believe you'd have to meet at TTC but I've not used them so not certain how they work with MK. I'd say monorail would be 45 minutes, there's a lot of stops along the way.
um, there has always, or at least for the last 20 years that I've bee going, buses from park to park. And if you monorail from TTC to Epcot there are NO stops along the way

My friends and I are planning a quick trip, and we are all former CPs, so we are definitely familiar with WDW. However, we don't know the quickest way from MK to EPCOT. Monorail or car? What would you estimate the time being from the time we leave MK and head to TTC to EPCOT?
really depends on a couple of things
Are you interested in Future World or World Showcase at Epcot?
If Future World I would bus from MK or take monorail, it's about the same time.
If World Showcase I would take a bus from MK to Beach Club or Boardwalk and enter through International Gateway
If you have money to spend on transport then get a Minnie Van (they pick you up at MK) or Uber from Contemporary

um, there has always, or at least for the last 20 years that I've bee going, buses from park to park. And if you monorail from TTC to Epcot there are NO stops along the way
Pay me no attention, I can't read apparently. Or I shouldn't try to when I'm supposed to be working. Sorry OP! Didn't mean to steer you wrong.

Thanks! We mostly want to do the world showcase, but we are willing to ride Soarin depending on the wait time is, so we will probably make our decision that day based on that.

My gf and I are doing the same jump on our Pres Day trip. I personally plan on taking the monorail but that's more about the ambiance and nostalgia (I really enjoy the monorail route to Epcot as it goes through the actual park) than about the quickness of the trip. And the only stop for the monorail is the transfer at TTC. Just be sure to take the express monorail from MK, not the resort one.

Honestly, I think the time difference between all of the options is fairly negligible. Like @yulilin3 said, if you are wanting to drop yourself right into WS then the bus option to BC or BW might be best. Otherwise, if I were you, I'd just stick to the monorail.

I didn't think there ws a bus from MK to EPCOT (could be wrong). I thought you had to take the monorail from TTC to EPCOT.
As mentioned above it depends where you want to go.
If you want to see Future World, then the monorail to EPCOt. If WS, then a bus to BC or BWV would be better.

1. I didn't think there ws a bus from MK to EPCOT (could be wrong).
2. I thought you had to take the monorail from TTC to EPCOT.
As mentioned above it depends where you want to go.
3. If you want to see Future World, then the monorail to EPCOt.
4. If WS, then a bus to BC or BWV would be better.
1. There is not. No bus that specifically goes to Epcot from MK.
(UNLESS the Epcot monorail is down for problems or refurb.)
2. Yup.
3. Yup.
4. Agreed. (Boardwalk bus would be the closest.)

Last edited:
Overall-

There is "direct" transportation between all the WDW theme parks.
The frequency of departure for each is approximately every 20 minutes, give or take, all day long.
Most routes are via Disney Buses.

Here are the "park-to-park" Disney Transportation direct connections:

MK> Epcot = Monorail to TTC, Switch to 2nd Monorail to Epcot
MK> DHS = Direct Bus
MK> AK= Direct Bus

AK> DHS= Direct Bus
AK> Epcot= Direct Bus
AK> MK= Direct Bus

DHS> MK= Direct Bus
DHS> AK= Direct Bus
DHS> Epcot= Direct Bus (Epcot Front Gate) or Boat (Epcot Intl. Gateway)

......Boats ("Friendships") make 3 interim stops at the Epcot area resorts.

Epcot > MK= Monorail to TTC, Switch to 2nd Monorail to MK
Epcot > AK= Direct Bus
Epcot> DHS= Direct Bus (Epcot Front Gate) or Boat (Epcot Intl. Gateway)

......Boats ("Friendships") make 3 interim stops at the Epcot area resorts.

The buses have their destinations shown on them on illuminated signs.
The bus stops at the parks are also marked with signage.

As a rule-of-thumb, allow 40-60 minutes to get from the gates of one park to the gates of another park. The actual on-the-road time is far less than that, but you need to factor in the amount of time that it might take to wait for the next bus to arrive and load.

Quickest should be Minnie Van. And it should be a decent bit quicker than monorail, which strikes me as second fastest. My experience with Disney buses is they always take longer than I like.

The express monorail MK to TTC, transfer to EPcot monorail and then walk from the monorail station to park entrance strikes me as roughly comparable to the bus to BW followed by a walk to the IG entrance at Epcot. Timing depends on the connection between the two monorails vs. waiting time for a single bus to BW at the MK bus depot. I would decide based on where I want to enter Epcot. Going to the World Showcase, take the bus to BW.

Yes, for many decades there have been park to park buses. But up until a few years ago (when the Magic Kingdom bus depot was enlarged) MK to other park buses docked at Ticket & Transportation Center (MK parking lot concourse) requiring use of the ferry or monorail.

Last edited:
The express monorail MK to TTC, transfer to EPcot monorail and then walk from the monorail station to park entrance strikes me as roughly comparable to the bus to BW followed by a walk to the IG entrance at Epcot. Timing depends on the connection between the two monorails vs. waiting time for a single bus to BW at the MK bus depot. I would decide based on where I want to enter Epcot. Going to the World Showcase, take the bus to BW.

Security lines are generally better at the IG than front of Epcot, too. I'd go for a Yacht/Beach or Boardwalk bus, whichever one comes first.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter