• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Quick Trip Report of Last Week!

Mason7AK

Mouseketeer
We took our two youngest children for a surprise trip to Disneyland Resort last week. Thought I would do a quick trip report. Our family was Myself, DH, DS7 (paraplegic, wheelchair) and DD4 (Severe Hearing Loss, Cxochlear Implant and mild CP). We drove from Texas, arrived Tuesday,stayed at Disneyland Hotel, and spent two days at the parks before driving home on Friday.

The weather was wonderful and the crowds were non existent! We must have just beat the Thanksgiving crowds, which is what we were hoping for! The Christmas decorations were beautiful.

We were just so pleased with how well our children were treated by all the cast members. We ate at the Plaza on Wednesday for the character breakfast. The lead character handler was deaf and spotted our DD's Cochlear Implant, and she was so nice to DD and brought her a first visit pin and made sure all the characters came by to see her and knew she was hearing impaired. It was a wonderful experience for her!

We really enjoyed staying at the Disneyland Hotel. Our room was in the Wonder Tower, on the 10th floor and we could see most of the fireworks from our room (view was only slightly blocked by the Dreams tower). It looked to us like the Dreams tower was either completely closed or all but one end was closed for renovations. There was a blue wall around 3/4 of the building.

All in all, it was a great trip. Our DS7 said it best on Friday when he gave us a sad little face and said "Can't we just STAY?" LOL - I felt the same way!
We had not been to Disneyland since our older children were little, and were so pleasantly surprised how much the resort had to offer. It does have its own special Magic!

Oh, that sounds like the perfect trip! I'm glad you had so much fun! It looks like the week BEFORE Thanksgiving was just a spectacular time to go this year...I am going to have to keep that in mind for the future. ;)

I'm so happy to hear you had a great time!!! :goodvibes. I love DLH!! How wonderful that the CMs were really awesome, too. I'm sure your kids had an unforgettable trip, and it must've been so heartwarming to see the magic through their eyes. Thanks for sharing!

Sounds like a wonderful trip. Isn't it amazing how some Disney CM's just really go the extra mile.

Wondering if you can tell me more about the deaf CM. Did they utilize ASL or did they communicate orally?

My son is hoh and I am a member of our state Hands & Voices organization. Anyhow, always gathering up information that might help a family with a deaf or hoh kiddo.

Thanks! Tracey

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter