Quick trip report, November 8, 2022

GaryDis

DIS Veteran
Since I’ve started asking questions, I figured I owe a quick trip report from our last visit.

Our vacation last fall was really to Hawaii, but we didn’t want to deal with the huge time change, coming from Boston. So we stopped at San Diego for a couple of zoo days on the way there, and at Disneyland for two nights and one day on the way back.

Our flight from Hawaii landed at LAX a bit before midnight. The walk from the gate to the baggage claim was about a mile and a half, which I know because my watch asked if I was doing a workout. We had signed up for Hertz’s loyalty program, and were able to go right to the car area and chose a Lexus, but then spent 15 minutes finding the right USB outlet for using CarPlay. We arrived at the Grand Legacy at the Park around 1:30AM, but still early for us being on Hawaii time. I’d called the hotel to let them know our arrival. And, of course, with our luck, there was a family ahead of us checking in.

But we managed to check in, and had a nice second story room.

The next day, November 8, was our only planned park day. Our sole reason for being there was to see Galaxy’s Edge, since we’d been to the parks a few years earlier. But November 8 was one of the rare rainy days in LA (before the later California flooding rains this year). The good news is that meant the park wasn’t crowded. We went on Rise of the Resistance three times, Millennium Falcon once (my husband has limited tolerance for that sort of ride), and even managed the Haunted Mansion and Pirates - which was enough for us. We were able to get an Oga’s reservation by walking up, so just a 45 minute delay. We also learned that the drainage was awful, with a couple of inches of water, between the further entrance to Galaxy’s Edge and, I think, Fantasyland.

As it cooled off, we debated going back to our room to get warmer, rain resistant clothes, but instead went to Downtown Disney, bought some gear (a flannel Captain America button down for me), and got seated relatively quickly at Naples, without a reservation.

The next morning we had time before having to drive back to San Diego for our flight. So we wandered around the Disney hotel area, discovered that although the sidewalk went all the way around, they weren‘t particularly pedestrian friendly. We managed to tailgate another person into GCH and had a lovely outdoor lunch at the Craftsman bar. It was sunnier and a bit warmer that day, making for a pleasant walk.

Took a red eye back to Boston, and think I’m too old to do that anymore, at least not without a lay flat seat (which they didn’t have coming out of San Diego). But we had enough fun that my husband suggested we go back this fall.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter