Quick trip report, August 12-18

michelelf73

Earning My Ears
Just got back yesterday and thought I would write a little report about our trip. Overall we had a great time and are already talking about what we will do differently on our next trip. Our last trip was 8 years ago so there was a lot of new things for us to experience ( Magic Bands, Toy Story Land, New Fantasyland). We stayed at Port Orleans Riverside with the regular dining plan.

Port Orleans Riverside
The good:
-Absolutely beautiful. We just love this resort. Well maintained grounds, pool areas and quick moving food court. Friendly and helpful cast members. We will be back.
-We did the service your way program and it worked well. We called when we needed towels and they were delivered. Will do this again.
-Realized our phone was not working when I tried to set a wake up call the first night. Stopped by the lobby the next morning and when we got back to our room later in the day it was replaced.

The Bad:
-I knew the resort was now pet friendly and I love dogs, have one of my own. She stays with a sitter because she wouldn’t enjoy being in a hotel room all day. Not trying to put down anyone who brings their dog, just my thoughts. The second morning we were awakened by a dog in the next room barking. After trying to sleep for hours with the non-stop barking, called guest services. Not a magical start to the morning. A man came and listened and left. Called back and said the owners would walk the dog. Dog was not an issue the rest of our stay. I have no idea if they moved or stayed in the room with the dog.

Parks
The Good
-Clean. Encountered mainly exceptional cast members.

The Bad
-The biggest disappointment of our trip were the PARK HOURS. It’s summer and world showcase in Epcot closing at 9 is ridiculous. Especially when Magic Kingdom closed at 6 for MNSSHP (which our kids for hilarious since it is August). The parks were packed and you had no choice but to go in the blazing heat with the masses since everything closed early. Six flags has better hours.
- How did no one think that maybe a shaded area would be a good idea in Toy Story Land when it was being planned. Odd.

Food
The Good
-Whispering Canyon Cafe. Great server, funny without being annoying.
-Teppan Edo. Everyone agreed, this was the stand out of our trip. Delicious and everything tasted fresh.
-Sci-Fi. We love this restaurant.
-Hollywood and Vine. Went in with little expectation and ended up with a decent meal. Nothing stand out but everything was good. Kids loved the characters, great interactions.

The Bad
-‘ohana was our favorite meal of our last trip but it wasn’t great this time. The steak was gristly but the problem was more with the service. It was awful.
-Cape May Cafe. Another stand out last trip but this time just ok. Our server was good but didn’t care for the food. They didn’t have clams (just for that apparently) which was a let down since it is called a clambake. Steak was crusted with a coffee coating and no one in our party cared for it.

So, definitely more good then bad. And we had a great time. We will be back. Our kids noted how last time everyone told them to have a magical day and this time not one person did. Just a little thing but they loved that last trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter