Quick thoughts on 2 nights at BWV

Airb330

DIS Veteran
Just came back from a long weekend at WDW and we stayed at BWV-Boardwalk View Studio. Here are a few random thoughts.

Pros:

Room was spacious. It seemed way bigger than GCV.
View was awesome. Could see MK fireworks. Dead on view of Spaceship Earth.
Walk to MGM & Epcot. Sure it was hot, but I'd prefer a 10-15 minute walk versus waiting for a bus.

Cons:

Busses. Wow, they really are bad here. I don't mind the sharing aspect, but I think a stop at Yacht, Beach, Swan, Dolphin, and Boardwalk is a bit much. Can't they find a way to pick up all of the starwood people at one stop? The busses were always really crowded too, with most of the time BWV people being consigned to standing. Downtown Disney & Typhoon Lagoon was the worst. I think it took us almost 45 minutes to get from BWV to the waterpark once we were on the bus!

Cleanliness. Not terrible but could have been better. I shouldn't find a candy wrapper near the bed.

At least 1 more hot tub in Luna Park would be nice.

Neutral:

Room theme. I get it. It just isn't my style. Which is fine, but I will say it looks much better in person than in photos.

Small bathroom. Typical of DVC, but it is tight. I'm glad VGF they are addressing this issue.

Overall:

We really enjoyed our stay. I found the hallway length to not be an issue. I think it is overblown on here. We were one of the last rooms. After all of the walking in the park, I just didn't find it that bad. Overall, I'm glad we don't own here though, if that makes sense? I'll happily stay here again and look forward to doing so, especially if we just plan on touring MGM or Epcot.

21l6dch.jpg

i1icll.jpg

We were on the 5th floor, under the word "crest." 5007 I believe.

I have to agree with with on the buses. We were there for the first time last summer and it was brutal - way worse than AKV.

Thank you so much for these thoughts! We are staying at BWV for the first time in July and I have been looking for people's inputs to see how everyone likes it. Kinda nervous about the busing situations. But I'm sure there could be much worse situations than having to stand on a bus.. Loved the picture of your view! We booked a 2 bedroom with boardwalk view. Hopefully it is as nice as your view :)

I agree about the buses, so I always get off at the Swan and walk through there to the other side and over the bridge to BWV. Much quicker than waiting through all those stops!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter