Quick survey for those in the US - please help me test out an interesting theory

My DD read/heard something rather interesting and I though the DIS would be a great place to test it out. Please answer the following questions WITHOUT reading any of the responses first. This is the one time it is a GOOD thing to poast before reading all the replies. :) Once enough people have replied, I'll come back with the hypothesis and whether or not it seems to have proven correct:

1 - How far is the closest grocery store from your house?
2 - What state do lyou live in (if you are not comfortable posting this information, you can just give the part of the county you live in)
3 - What state or part of the country have you lived in for most of your life?

Thanks!

1. 2-3 miles
2. Florida
3. NJ

I'd say about a 1/2 mile.

2 - What state do lyou live in (if you are not comfortable posting this information, you can just give the part of the county you live in)
Texas

Texas

About 2 miles

Georgia

Georgia

My DD read/heard something rather interesting and I though the DIS would be a great place to test it out. Please answer the following questions WITHOUT reading any of the responses first. This is the one time it is a GOOD thing to poast before reading all the replies. :) Once enough people have replied, I'll come back with the hypothesis and whether or not it seems to have proven correct:

Thanks!

1 - 1.2 miles for a full grocery store. It's a couple blocks to some convenience stores.

2 - I live in New Orleans, Louisiana.

4 - I've lived in 4 states across the country.

The nearest grocery store is 1/4 mile from my house
I live in CT
and I grew up about 3 miles from where i currently live, also in CT

1 - How far is the closest grocery store from your house? Googlemaps says it is 1.5 miles away
2 - What state do you live in? Virginia
3 - What state or part of the country have you lived in for most of your life? California--approx 18 of my 35 years

I've heard that theory many, many times, so I knew what the OP was fishing for immediately.

I grew up a northerner but now live in the south. Up North I would say it in minutes, because I drove everywhere due to weather/fewer sidewalks. Down South, I say miles because most places are walkable. I walk to the grocery store year around- it's only a mile away. If I drove, it would be maybe 2 minutes. The closest mall is 2 miles away, again walkable. However, the closest mall with department stores is not walkable.. so I'd say 25 mins (driving).

About 6 blocks.
NC.
NC.

As far as the theory goes, I answered in "distance" but not in "miles", and I'm in the South. I usually use minutes to describe how far away something is - I never use miles because I don't pay attention to those measurements when I'm going somewhere in my town. I can get from one side to the other in 20 minutes, so no matter where I go it's about 10-15 minutes driving. I wouldn't have any idea how many miles that is!

1 - less than a mile
2 - Massachusetts
3 - Massachusetts

Small "express" grocery store in 3-4 minutes from home
Regular grocery store is about 8 minutes away.

I live in Central OK, and have done so for most of my life.

Large Grocery Store 1 mile
convenience store 1/4 mile
NJ
NJ

Thanks!

1 - 1/4 mile
2 - New York
3 - New York

Nearest grocery store is approx a mile away.

Currently live in Florida.

Lived the majority of my life in Michigan.

1. 10 minutes (for a proper grocery store. There's a very small, expensive market down the street that we never go to.)
2. NY
3. NY

1. How far is the closest grocery store from your house?

About 1 mile

Florida

Midwest (Kansas City)

1 - How far is the closest grocery store from your house? One mile
2 - What state do lyou live in (if you are not comfortable posting this information, you can just give the part of the county you live in) NJ
3 - What state or part of the country have you lived in for most of your life? Northeast

Thanks!
Hope this helps.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter