• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Quick Service Ordering - Return to “Normal” ?

mickeyboof

Mouseketeer
I spent some time visiting this past summer. Ordering food was a nightmare at Quick Service locations. Mobile Order only. Long lines after pressing “I AM HERE.” Impossible to walk up and order.

What is the resort like now? The same? They’ve hired thousands, does that translate into cash registers being activated again?

Thanks!

I am NOT looking forward to my summer trip in this regards at all. We are the type that like to decide where to eat on the spot. I guess that has changed forever!!!

Only place we experienced a long wait after saying we were there was Bengal BBQ. Everything else was no more than a couple minutes. This was a few weekends ago.

How is the Bengal BBQ wait? I know it is popular, and my family loves it too, so we plan on eating there, but we are also pretty flexible and can eat at off times if that makes it easier.

We had to wait over one hour to pick up our mobile order at Flo’s on President’s Day weekend. And I ordered early! Pym’s and Pizza Port were no problem that weekend.

Last edited:

I spend WAY less on FoodBev than I used to prior to closure due to how poorly mobile order is run, and long standby line setup.

I have a Magic Key and enjoy visiting the park- and most of my friends agree, it's a lot less stressful to eat outside the park. Not sure why Disney doesn't focus on better food service, it seems like an easy money maker esp for local MK holders who didn't 'pay' full day park ticket.

Last edited:
It’s always interesting to me to read all the different experiences. We went in June and again in November and didn’t run into any problems with mobile ordering either time.

I agree. I don’t want to discount anyone’s experience, but I haven’t had many issues or long waits mobile ordering. I prefer it because it has so many advantages. I visited in September, December, and February.

It’s always interesting to me to read all the different experiences. We went in June and again in November and didn’t run into any problems with mobile ordering either time.

One thing I've learned after years of reading these forms and attending the parks is that perspectives are vastly different amongst people and therefore the expectation level and anticipation levels range widely as well. This is why I'm very particular on who I will go to the park with.

How is the Bengal BBQ wait? I know it is popular, and my family loves it too, so we plan on eating there, but we are also pretty flexible and can eat at off times if that makes it easier.

I went over Presidents Week and it was very crowded. I ordered Bengal BBQ on the way over from Fantasyland (I think it was maybe 20 min out) right around lunch time (noonish). It was definitely my longest wait after checking in for mobile order - I think about 20 or 25 minutes. I then had to eat a plate awkwardly perched on the edge of one of those planters nearby because I was by myself and there was just no way I was going to be able to get a table since it was so crowded. Still, it was totally worth it and my favorite meal of the trip. But next time I will eat at an off time. I think 11am ish is usually good there.

I am NOT looking forward to my summer trip in this regards at all. We are the type that like to decide where to eat on the spot. I guess that has changed forever!!!

Not really. When I went over Presidents Week, I definitely decided where to eat at least almost on the spot. If it wasn't an immediate return time, it was no more than 20-30 min out. And I wasn't eating at off times. The much bigger issue was finding a place to sit. Seems like many people sit down before booking their mobile orders, and then wait the 20-30 minutes there. At that huge seating area by Pacific Wharf at DCA, there were NO tables, and probably over half of the people seated were not eating yet.

I spent some time visiting this past summer. Ordering food was a nightmare at Quick Service locations. Mobile Order only. Long lines after pressing “I AM HERE.” Impossible to walk up and order.

What is the resort like now? The same? They’ve hired thousands, does that translate into cash registers being activated again?

Thanks!

judt got back, you can walk up and order

I agree. I don’t want to discount anyone’s experience, but I haven’t had many issues or long waits mobile ordering. I prefer it because it has so many advantages. I visited in September, December, and February.
Same. I can only speak for my own experience, and definitely had issues with mobile ordering back in May and June when the park first reopened. However, I've been back multiple times in October, November, December and February (all weekend visits where the park was definitely crowded) and used mobile ordering every time without complaint. I think my longest wait was 10 minutes at Docking Bay 7. On two separate occasions we waited about 10 minutes for several entrees.

I take that back. Our longest wait was recently on Friday of Presidents' Day weekend. The park was slammed and we waited closer to 15 minutes after selecting "I'm Here, Prepare My Order" at Alien Pizza Planet around 6 p.m. It was a zoo there that evening.

Whereas previously I made sure to schedule my orders for busy times a few hours in advance and select "I'm Here, Prepare My Order" on the walk over, now I tend to wait until I'm on my way (or already there) to order and click "I'm Here" once at my location so my food isn't sitting around.

Both in Feb and this weekend, we had no problems with mobile order. Ordered from Smokejumpers "on the spot", clicked I am here, and order was ready within 5 mins. Same for Award Weiners.

We're going in May & I was wondering about this too. I made reservations but I'm hoping as the trip gets closer I can cancel some of them and just do places like Hungry Bear, Jolly Holiday and Red Rose tavern. Some restaurants I definitely want to go to, like Ogas's, but others I just booked to know we have somewhere to sit down and eat. It sounds like it isn't quite as necessary now to have reservations as it was over the summer.

We only did QS at Pizza Planet and did not mobile order. They now have a little line out front and they let a few people in at a time. They let you know when it's your turn, you go to the cashier and order and pay, then you take your ticket to one of a few numbered stands and they get your food for you. We love the place, but the buffet area was always a zoo and I think we prefer this new method.

My experience a week ago was a mixed bag. Mobile ordering is mostly fine if you plan ahead & don't need to make modifications and what you want shows up as available to order in the app. Many places you needed at least 1/2 - 1 full hour lead time to place your order unless you did walk up. Also there was very little ability within the app to make appropriate modifications so this necessitated having to do walk up ordering a lot which actually made getting food when one actually wanted to eat easier in many cases. For Craftsman Grill @ GCH there was always at least an hour wait from ordering in the app until an available pick-up time yet you could walk right in to an almost empty restaurant and place an immediate order with the ability to order exactly how you wanted with more options for sides & beverages than mobile order would offer. Some places would speed up your mobile order if you arrived ahead of your pick up time and asked. Overall I found service was very slow no matter if you did walk up or mobile. Cashiers were frustrated with the slowness of actual order fulfillment and had to hold up lines at times

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter