• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Quick service near Dolphin for arrival day

heidilee2003

Missing my Disney Home!
My cousin and I are arriving on Thursday at 11am and we're staying at Dolphin and I'm wanting lunch and dinner ideas. QS locations. She's kind of a picky eater. Other resorts that are easy-ish to get to and Disney springs. Ideas?

Disney Springs-
Earl of Sandwich, Wolfgang Puck Express
Near the Dolphin.... I'm drawing a blank. We go to Beaches & Cream, but it's not QS.

Agree with the previous poster DS suggestions. There may be some options at the Swan/Dolphin but we have never been . On the Broadwalk ESPN has a normal menu, it is a TS but unless you arrive during a big sporting event ( which shouldn't be an issue on a Thursday depending on when you are visiting ) you can get a seat.Another TS is Big River Brewpub on the Broadwalk.

At the Dolphin there is Picabu, Fresh Mediterranean, and The Fountain and Kimonos at the Swan if you want sushi. Next door is the Boardwalk where you'll find two table service restaurants - ESPN and Big River Grill - that are fairly easy to walk up to because they only take very limited reservations and the Boardwalk Bakery.

At Disney Springs there are many counter service and walk up places. Earl of Sandwich, Wolfgang Puck, Cooke's of Dublin at Raglan Road, D-Luxe Burger, Blaze Pizza, walk up windows at Homecomin', Morimoto, Frontera Cocina, and The Smokehouse at House of Blues,and many little kiosks such as B.B. Wolf's Sausages, The Daily Poutine and AristoCrepes to name a few.

For the Disney Springs restaurants you can make reservations through Open Table or the restaurant itself even at the last minute.

You can look at menus on allears.

Depending on your tickets, short walk or boat ride to Epcot's backdoor and tons of QS choice right there.

Beach Club on way, but the QS is so-so.

At the Dolphin - Picabu is there QS option,

On the boardwalk -
ESPN -TS but lots of easily sharable options typical pub food,

Big River grill - at dinner it is so loud that we had to ask to be seated outside, its has a micro brewery and some interesting beer flights, we have only had dinner and the portions were huge, so much that DH and I wished we would have split a meal.

There also is a pizza window

Disney Springs there are several QS walk up window, Earl of Sandwich which we think is pretty dang good, we love there holiday sandwich of turkey, dressing and cranberry sauce, yummy. I have also had there soup and other sandwiches and salad all very good, Wolfgang puck is another favorite, Splitsville which is in front of the bowling alley great for people watching and they have music there nightly. Oops there are food truck too I almost forgot about. Rainforest, T-REX, Planet Hollywood, are all good placed to share a meal, or appetizer and are fun to check out.

You can pretty much whittle down your selections using the mde app or Disney site. You can select all of the options in the Epcot Area, although I'd leave Carribbean Beach off. From the Dolphin, you can easily walk to Boardwalk, Boardwalk resort, Beach/Yacht, and if you have hoppers, anything in World Showcase in Epcot is pretty fair game and also, if you find anything in Hollywood, the boat will take you there and back (no stops in between when going to/from hollywood!) You can select to search for QS only at those places.

At Dolphin, Picabu is QS, pretty low key, cafeteria / some things made to order. No frills. The Fountain is sandwich/fries/onion rings - diner style fare. Nothing fancy at all. The Cabana has special themed food nights, it might be up your alley. The "bbq night" menu had qs-ish pricing.

One of the nice things about staying at an Epcot area resort (except for CBR) is that all of the other resorts are only a very, VERY, short walk away, along with the Boardwalk, AND World Showcase. The walk to Hollywood is only about 15 minutes-ish. Everything else is under 10 minutes.

In the EP resort area, the only QS I really like is Boardwalk Bakery. They have some good sandwiches and salads. There's also a pizza window plus a place with hot dogs, etc. The only downside is there is only, limited, outside seating. DS has far more QS choices (Blaze, Wolfgang Puck Express, etc.). If you're up for it, you could bus over to MK, hop on the monorail and have your pick of QS from any of the monorail resorts (Capt. Cook's, Gasparilla's, Contempo Cafe). Might be a fun way to start your trip!

While The Fountain isn't technically counter service, we grabbed a bite there a few weeks ago and thought the service was quick and friendly and the price point was very good. IMO it was about the same price as any counter service spot on property. It's in the Dolphin before you take the big escalator upstairs to the lobby.

The Epcot resort area is lacking quick service spots...

Hurricane Hanna's Waterside Bar and Grill and the adjacent bar at Stormalong Bay by the Yacht Club and Beach Club have QS options that we find perfect for lunch on our arrival day.

We are big fans of the Dolphin Fountain. Think of it as a better Beaches & Cream.

Big River grill - ate there last time. The weather was nice, so we ate outside. Quite loud inside. Good food, not a bad beer list as well.
We're not fussy eaters, so not much help with that problem.

Trattoria al Forno is an option at Boardwalk if she likes Italian.
Lots of good choices at DS.
My wife and daughter really liked Polite Pig.

We like Big River Grill. It isn't fancy or anything but if you are hungry you get lots of food. DH likes the beer flight here. Boardwalk Bakery also has good food, sandwiches and desserts.

I want to try that Ample Ice Cream place on the Boardwalk because the sundaes look awesome!

For quick service near the dolphin you could walk or take the friendship to the international gateway and visit the bakery in France if your tickets allow. I think it's better than the YC/BC or boardwalk QS options.

Although not a quick service, Cabana Beach Bar in the Dolphin is wonderful for a casual meal. The cheesesteak is delicious, and so is the lobster roll.

The taqueria in Picabu is really good too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter