Quick Service - Best Of 2022 - Let Me Know!!!!!

Mando3611

Earning My Ears
Help me salvage my poor planning. I booked my trip a few days ago (30 days out) and based on availability probably be doing more counter service than anything else. (reservations looking slim!!!!). I need to know the best counter service at every park...Please send me your #1 and #2 counter service option at every park. My wife and kids will thank you!!!!! I have not been to the parks in 13 years! Help!

Magic Kingdom - #1 , #2
Epcot #1, #2,
Animal #1, #2
Hollywood #1, #2

We don’t eat at many CS mostly do TS because of food allergies but we really liked PizzaRizzo at HS and Pizzafari at AK on our last trip in November.

MK- Columbia Harbour House. The food is good and inside seating is great

AK - Satuli - I love the bowls and the healthier options here

HS - ABC Commissary- good food

Epcot - the booths if you’re there during a festival

MK - Pecos Bill's and Harbor House. It used to be Cosmic Ray's but they discontinued their excellent rotisserie chicken with mashed potatoes and green beans dinner

Epcot - Sunshine Seasons and Tangerine Cafe, though Tangerine Cafe has a new menu that I haven't tried yet

Studios - Docking Bay 7 for the food, but it's tight seating in there if you have a stroller, wheelchair, or large party

Animal Kingdom - Satuli Canteen, Flame Tree Barbecue, and Harambe Market are all great. Anandapur Local Foods (Yak and Yeti counter) has really good egg rolls for a snack

MK - Pecos Bill's and Harbor House. It used to be Cosmic Ray's but they discontinued their excellent rotisserie chicken with mashed potatoes and green beans dinner

OH... No more chicken dinner at Cosmic Ray's!!!! BIG SAD FACE. :sad:
All my favorite meals are gone at MK.... I love BOG Lunch (there were two items I loved), LTT Pot Roast, and Cosmic Ray's rotisserie chicken meal!
Yet one more reason I'm okay that I don't have a trip planned any time soon.
But I am debating about a Universal AP. :rotfl2:

Also second Flame Tree BBQ at AK.
We also enjoyed Pecos Bill at MK

MK - Pecos Bill and Columbia Harbor House are both really good and have plenty of indoor seating (Yay for AC!!)

EP - We stick with the festival booths for quick service though we've enjoyed La Cantina de San Angel in the past and people rave about Les Halles in France (plan on trying it soon!)

AK - Satuli Canteen for sure (better than a lot of TS restaurants) and Flame Tree BBQ is also pretty good

DHS - worst park for QS in my opinion, though we've had good luck at Backlot Express. It's pretty basic, but tastes very good. I've heard good things about the Ronto Wraps in Galaxy's Edge but haven't tried them yet.

Edited to add: at DHS, try to get a table at the Brown Derby Lounge. They don't take reservations but you can ask to join the walk up list or join it on the app. They offer a few small plates including that yummy Cobb salad.

Also - speaking of lounges, I don't know how I missed mentioning one of our favorite places on property - Nomad Lounge at AK. Like BDL above, they don't take reservations. Either get in line before it opens or join the walk up list in the app or in person at the check in desk (sometimes the app shows no availability but if you go in person they'll put you on the list). Great food, drinks and atmosphere. You'll forget you are even in a theme park.

All that being said - don't give up on making TS reservations. Lots of people make multiple ADR's and then fine tune their plans as it gets closer. There is penalty for cancelling within 24 hours of your reservation so things tend to open up a few days ahead of time. Good luck!

Last edited:
MK-Cosmic Ray’s & Columbia Harbor House

HS-Backlot Express

Epcot-Sunshine Seasons & La Cantina

AK-Restaurantasaurus & Satulii Canteen

MK - Pecos Bill or Columbia HH (Keep trying for Skipper Canteen though - you can usually pick up a reservation the day before) or you could take the monorail to Poly and eat at their QS
Epcot - Mexico's QS (I would keep trying for Via Napoli since it is cheap like a QS when you split pizzas and you can usually pick up a reservation the day before)
AK - Satuli
HS - ABC Commissary or take the Skyliner over to the Riviera

A lot of repeats on my list but figure that gives you votes of confidence. Also, use Mobile Order!! Some may feel confined that they don't want to have to pick a time to eat first thing in the morning. But, clearly, you like to plan. And I generally know when my family will get hungry: lunchtime and dinnertime. So best to have that ready to go. When we were there in June, you couldn't enter into certain locations (like DB7, Satu'li, etc.) unless you showed you had mobile ordered and your food was ready. Takes a lot of stress out of finding a table to sit at.

MK: Columbia Harbor House is usually pretty great - have not been post-reopening. Pecos Bill's is pretty consistent and usually has a lot of seating available.
Epcot: Agree with Food booths since it sounds like you'll be there during Flower & Garden. Otherwise, we often eat at the Cantina in Mexico and I have always enjoyed the Tangierine Cafe in Morocco (didn't realize they reopened!).
HS: Docking Bay 7 in SW:GE. But also the side-by-side QS down on Sunset Blvd (Fairfax Fare, Catalina Eddie's, Rosie's) gives your family lots of options so they can pick what they want and you can sit all together. Nothing amazing here but you can find something for everyone.
AK: Satu'li Canteen. I'm going to try Nomad Lounge on our upcoming trip. And, if you are looking for some adult beverages, Thirsty River Bar outside of Expedition Everest for a margarita or Dawa Bar over by the Safari, if you need a refreshing cocktail!

ADRs may open up as you get closer to your dates, even may be able to find one the day before or early on day off as people dump some of their ADRs.

AK has the best QS : Flame Tree, Satuli
Epcot: Regal Eagle BBQ isn’t bad, plus there almost continuous Festival booths at Epcot
MK: Columbia Harbor House- Go to second floor seating
HS: Woody’s Lunch Box and ABC Commissary are okay Backlot is HS’s Cosmic Rays. You could probably do a late breakfast at Cape May at Beach Club. Even hop on Skyliner to Rivera, CBB, Pop/AoA

At HS, I think Docking Bay 7 is great. I’m surprised it’s not getting more love. But in general, QS at HS is just boring. You can eat, but its just “theme park food.”

Depending on my overall trip plan, if I can’t get a TS I want at HS, sometimes I aim for decent food that day someplace else on property and sometimes I just go through the flow on QS that day. The park isn’t that big so the distance to a QS place isn’t never that far. Just have a basic familiarity with the menus so you know what your family might like to help not having to spend too much time on menu reading on your phone that day.

I’ve also survived on popcorn, cupcakes, and Starbucks drinks at this park.

On a MK day, if you have a little extra time, the pulled pork nachos are awesome at Capt Cooks at the Poly. Good excuse to take a monorail ride if you aren't staying on the loop.

Dang! Thanks for all the help everyone! I did not think I would get this much help! really cool!

ADRs may open up as you get closer to your dates, even may be able to find one the day before or early on day off as people dump some of their ADRs.

AK has the best QS : Flame Tree, Satuli
Epcot: Regal Eagle BBQ isn’t bad, plus there almost continuous Festival booths at Epcot
MK: Columbia Harbor House- Go to second floor seating
HS: Woody’s Lunch Box and ABC Commissary are okay Backlot is HS’s Cosmic Rays. You could probably do a late breakfast at Cape May at Beach Club. Even hop on Skyliner to Rivera, CBB, Pop/AoA

Thanks for the tip. Thanks for the great feedback!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter