• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Quick Service at Animal Kingdom

Heather Mooney

Earning My Ears
I'm looking for some healthier quick service options at Animal Kingdom. Any recommendations? Favorite entrees or filling snack options?

Not healthy, but my youngest and I always share the honey chicken entree at Yak & Yeti counter service with a side order (snack credit if on the dining plan) of chicken friend rice (and sometimes we throw in the egg rolls side dish, another snack credit, but then it's WAY too much food). But of course I always get a Safari Amber as well.....

Flame Tree is also not "healthy" (all this food is way too heavy for me in the heat, which is why I don't eat much of it), but the portions can definitely food two in my opinion and are filling.

We used to love Mr. Kamal's, but I see on Disney's website they got rid of the samosas! The falafel is just okay.

Just got back and hunted healthy eating there; Satu'li Canteen definitely fits the bill. Look at the combination choices before you go to get an idea of what you want. I did Quinoa base with chicken and black bean vinaigrette. Very good and will definitely be my go-to meal there. I want to try the tofu, as well as the potato hash base.

The chicken skewers at Harambe Markert were really good and probably one of your healthier options.

Another vote for Satu'li Canteen. Really good food and good choices. Even better, order it online and skip the long line to order. Just wait a few minutes to get your food.

Even better, order it online and skip the long line to order. Just wait a few minutes to get your food.

As long as you’re not using a dining plan credit.

Or you don’t have food allergies.

Neither of those situations can use mobile ordering.

Satu’li was delicious! I had the chicken bowl and it was awesome. Not healthy but the desserts are amazing too!

Satu’li Canteen was delicious and one of our healthiest meals. I loved my chicken bowl with the quinoa and kale (maybe) base. Definitely on my list for next time.
Completely agree, on the healthier side compared to the rest of the eateries, and tasty. Plus, mobile ordering makes it super convenient and fast!

We really enjoy Satu'li. I usually just get the kids meal. It is plenty filling for me.

I love the vegetarian black bean burger at Restaurantosarus in Dinoland. It's really tasty.

The kids love getting the steamed Edamame in pods from Caravan Road in Asia (near where the bird show was) as a snack.

Not particularly healthy, but I really enjoyed the breakfast taco and hash browns at Yak & Yeti. They do have an egg white English muffin that might be healthy-ish.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter