Quick Question Re: Email Or Phone?

Incharge

<font color=deepseagreen>Has a PHOBIA about teeny
Leaving in a couple of hours. Is it cheaper to call home or email home. What is the cost for internet? Thanks.

Ok. I did a quick check and came up with:
75 cents a minute for email...

and are you sitting down? Because you might fall down when I tell you what it costs for a phone call.

Approx. $10.00 per/minute.

:)

Or you can get the internet package which is $89.99 for the entire cruise or you can call them @ $6.95 per minute.....Andy

Gloria,

Take it from me, I thought I would only be on the boards for a quick hello from time to time, so I chose the .75 cents per minutes plan. I knew I should have chosen the $89.99 unlimited plan, as I wound up paying more than $100.00 for internet time. I wound up using over 130 minutes, and remember, I was "ONLY" going to send a quick hello now and then. From now on, it's the unlimited plan for me, "I HAVE NO WILL POWER!!!" LOL, with an emptier pocket!!!

Thanks everybody. Talk 2 ya in a week. I will not post from onboard:( gotta save $$

Originally posted by Verandah Man
Gloria,

Take it from me, I thought I would only be on the boards for a quick hello from time to time, so I chose the .75 cents per minutes plan. I knew I should have chosen the $89.99 unlimited plan, as I wound up paying more than $100.00 for internet time. I wound up using over 130 minutes, and remember, I was "ONLY" going to send a quick hello now and then. From now on, it's the unlimited plan for me, "I HAVE NO WILL POWER!!!" LOL, with an emptier pocket!!!

Andy - who in the world could you have been emailing? We were all on the ship with you! :D Sorry, I couldn't resist teasing you! Tell Hazel "hi". I'm so glad we got to meet her and the rest of your family!!

- Ginny

Originally posted by gdulaney
Andy - who in the world could you have been emailing? We were all on the ship with you! :D Sorry, I couldn't resist teasing you! Tell Hazel "hi". I'm so glad we got to meet her and the rest of your family!!

- Ginny

Ginny,

I e-mailed Rae once, but she has a yahoo account so that didn't cost anything, I spent all my money posting on the DISboards, for those poor souls who were left behind!!! I also got stuck on reading a few threads, something else I told myself, I wasn't going to do!!! LOL!!! I couldn't get away with anything either, Lisa (lisak1) saw me in the Internet Cafe one time, and told my wife about it, when they bumped into each other in the Rainforest Spa. My DW had spies all over the ship!!! LOL!!!

From now on, I'm just going to pay the $89.99 and keep everything above board, as they say!!! LOL!!!

Originally posted by Verandah Man
My DW had spies all over the ship!!!

I'm having a vision of you, hunched down at one of the back terminals...wearing dark sunglasses and a baseball cap.... looking over your shoulder every few minutes...while typing like a maniac.

:p
Ginny

Andy - who in the world could you have been emailing? We were all on the ship with you! Ginny

nope, some of us were left behind... and checking daily for Verandah man reports, even though they came in under other posters names, we figured it out..

Andy, I can't believe you were on that much... I was thinking of getting the unlimited when I go, then thought, nope, I'm not going to be on that much, I'll post one or two times... yeah right, after hearing what you paid, I think I'll get the unlimited... then when I can't sleep or I'm up at 5am (hopefully not), I can jump on and not feel guilty.

I'm having a vision of you, hunched down at one of the back terminals...wearing dark sunglasses and a baseball cap.... looking over your shoulder every few minutes...while typing like a maniac.

:p
Ginny

So, you saw me too, huh??? LOL!!!

Jeanny - I'm sorry that some folks got left behind. It probably doesn't make you feel any better, but when we arrived back in Port...those mean Disney Cruise Line folks made us...... get off the ship!!! Can you imagine our outrage?!?

:D
Ginny

Originally posted by Jeanny
nope, some of us were left behind... and checking daily for Verandah man reports, even though they came in under other posters names, we figured it out..

Andy, I can't believe you were on that much... I was thinking of getting the unlimited when I go, then thought, nope, I'm not going to be on that much, I'll post one or two times... yeah right, after hearing what you paid, I think I'll get the unlimited... then when I can't sleep or I'm up at 5am (hopefully not), I can jump on and not feel guilty.

Jeanny,

That would be a smart move, the service there is quite a bit slower there than I am used to at home, the minutes add up very fast!!! It's hard to believe that I had over 130 minutes, and I even had 5 free minutes on top of the 130 I paid for.

Jeanny - I'm sorry that some folks got left behind. It probably doesn't make you feel any better, but when we arrived back in Port...those mean Disney Cruise Line folks made us...... get off the ship!!! Can you imagine our outrage?!?

:D
Ginny

Hey Ginny~ OH MAN, they have some nerve.... actually making you get off the ship, how rude!!!!

is that why Andy had a few broken fingers?? I know they had to pry his hands off the railings

Originally posted by Jeanny
Hey Ginny~ OH MAN, they have some nerve.... actually making you get off the ship, how rude!!!!

is that why Andy had a few broken fingers?? I know they had to pry his hands off the railings

Are you kidding, I was wrapped around the railings chanting,

"Heck no, I won't go!!!"

"Heck no, I won't go!!!"

LOL!!!

Before I leave I'm going to set up my yahoo email account so that I've got all my email addresses already typed in and ready to go. That way I just have to edit my message telling everyone how much fun I'm having and they're not :p then send it. That is, if DH will even allow me to walk into the room with computers.

Andy~

Do you know if the Unlimited Plan is per stateroom, or per user?

My DD & her friend will probably want to email friends & family with a daily update, under separate email names. The $89.99 plan looks cheap, knowing how these kids love the computer- if it's per stateroom...

Can you explain how that plan works?

They use AOL. Will their accounts work on the ship, or do they need to set up a yahoo, or hotmail account before.

Thanks!

~ Linda

I rarely went online but I think it's cheaper than the phone. I think I got a short free session. While on the ship, I had so much fun that I rarely went online. All the posts on this board had me so well-prepared that I needed to participate all week and didn't have much time for the computer!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by dianthus
Andy~

Do you know if the Unlimited Plan is per stateroom, or per user?

My DD & her friend will probably want to email friends & family with a daily update, under separate email names. The $89.99 plan looks cheap, knowing how these kids love the computer- if it's per stateroom...

Can you explain how that plan works?

They use AOL. Will their accounts work on the ship, or do they need to set up a yahoo, or hotmail account before.

Thanks!

~ Linda

I believe if you use yahoo or hotmail there is no charge, other than that I'm not 100& sure, but I think you get charged, that's why I set up myself a free yahoo account before we left for the cruise.

Anyone in your stateroom can use your account, but only one person at a time, and they must use the same account. My sister had to use my mom's account, because the cabin was listed in my mom's name. The user account ID name will be, the first intial of your first name, followed by your last name, then your cabin number. The first time you sign on, the password will be your six digit birthday numbers, i.e., 010155, once you are in, then you can change your password.

I hope this helps!!!

I'm having a vision of you, hunched down at one of the back terminals...wearing dark sunglasses and a baseball cap.... looking over your shoulder every few minutes...while typing like a maniac. :p Ginny

comp11.gif

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter