Quick question about "Dolphin Encounter, Lunch, Drinks and Beach" (CZ04) in Cozumel?

NOLA_Tink

Jambo, y'all!
10:45 AM - 2:15 PM is the time listed for my mom & son's Chankanaab National Park dolphin encounter. Do all DCL guests with a Chankanaab National Park excursion leave the park at 2:15 PM? (I'm wondering if I should book an earlier time to give them more time in the park- or whether everyone has a 3.5 hour time limit.)
Thanks!!

We did it there in 2017. We were also given an ending time when I booked it. When we got there our host told us that there would be vans available at 3 different times that we could take to get back to the ship. I think the last one was around 3pm. I don't remember the earlier times for leaving, we took the last time available. When we did it I think our start time was around 9:30. That's the meeting time on the ship. We did a dolphin swim, push, and pull, so it took awhile. Afterwards we had lunch, went to the sea lion show, walked around the paths of the mini ruins, tried samples of the tequila, and had some ice cream. We would have liked to spend more time there to use the pool or more beach time. If there's an earlier time I would try to get it. If they haven't looked at the website for the park, have them take a look to see how much of it they want to do. We had a lot of fun there.

THANK YOU! This is EXACTLY what I was asking about! I appreciate your honest response so much!

We did this in 2018. The guide is up at the front entrance to take guests back to the ship every hour on the hour from I think about 12-4. So you can have a longer time to explore the park or go back to the ship earlier depending on your preference.

This is a phenomenal excursion. We did it in 2017. My only advice is if you swim with the dolphins, they won’t let your cameras (go pro included) near the experience. That’s so they can sell you their pictures. When they try to pressure you, say no and walk away...magically the price will be lowered. They chased us out the door and then negotiated outside the building a much more reasonable price (about 30% of original offer). Just be aware you are in Mexico and everything is negotiable.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter