Quick "No Little One" Trip in June...What should we do???

The13thLetter

DIS Veteran
DW and I have an 8 night trip booked for august with our little guy and both sets of grandparents but I just found out a few weeks ago I have a work conference in Orlando in June so DW is going to fly down and meet me for 3 nights (Thursday - Sunday). Thursday she is getting in too late to do anything really, and Sunday we have Brunch booked for 10am at CG before our flight, so we have really just 2 days for parks. This upcoming Sunday would be our fastpass day and I have been going over so many different scenarios in my head as to how we should play it. What would you guys do?

A few background things:

-We are annual passholders so park hopping is definitely an option
-We will try to sleep in since DS is not with us (although it is hard to sleep late anymore no matter who is around haha) so rope drop is not really in our plans
-Staying out until park close or later is definitely in our plans though
-I would love to go to trader sam's if possible because we have never been and it is not in our august trip plans, but it is not a must do
-We dont really want to make any dining reservations, we want to play it mostly by ear (except I want some sort of park plan so I can work out the fastapsses)

Any help/thoughts/suggestions on what you would do in a quick adults only trip would be much appreciated.

Thanks! Cheers!

Last edited:
Think about all the things you've not planned to do for August because you family will be with you and then create your list of "must do's" from there...rides that your little one can't do yet/or won't do yet, for example. EPCOT is a must in my opinion with Flower and Garden happening. You can enjoy the samplings of food and beverages and not have to worry about the crowd with your little one. Have fun!

First thing I thought of reading this was make Little Two.
But jokes aside, I would do all the things you wish you could when you're in line at the barber shop, or a small world etc. Of course last trip, we used fast pass 4 for small world. Most of our trips are adult only. The freedom to do whatever comes to mind. We find we park hop a lot more without the little one in tow. We almost daily rope drop as adults only. We then slow down mid day usually hit the room or a nice sitdown lunch. And then back in a park for a while before dinner.
Trader Sam's get there for 3pm to get in at 4. It is on our list for next trip too.
Consider a special tour. The keys to the kingdom or the like. Something you'd like to do but isn't worth paying full rate on a child.
Take a TON of pics together. There is something special about you being the star instead of your child with character meet and greets. Ask for added magic almost every photo pass you work with.

Think about all the things you've not planned to do for August because you family will be with you and then create your list of "must do's" from there...rides that your little one can't do yet/or won't do yet, for example. EPCOT is a must in my opinion with Flower and Garden happening. You can enjoy the samplings of food and beverages and not have to worry about the crowd with your little one. Have fun!

We have never been to Flower and Garden so we were crossing our fingers it was still happening but unfortunately it will be too late in June. We will still definitely do Epcot as it is our favorite park. My original plan was to do epcot both mornings/afternoons then monorail to MK one night and walk the boardwalk area over to HS the other night but I am a bit torn about skipping AK (although we will be back in 2 months haha).

First thing I thought of reading this was make Little Two.
But jokes aside, I would do all the things you wish you could when you're in line at the barber shop, or a small world etc. Of course last trip, we used fast pass 4 for small world. Most of our trips are adult only. The freedom to do whatever comes to mind. We find we park hop a lot more without the little one in tow. We almost daily rope drop as adults only. We then slow down mid day usually hit the room or a nice sitdown lunch. And then back in a park for a while before dinner.
Trader Sam's get there for 3pm to get in at 4. It is on our list for next trip too.
Consider a special tour. The keys to the kingdom or the like. Something you'd like to do but isn't worth paying full rate on a child.
Take a TON of pics together. There is something special about you being the star instead of your child with character meet and greets. Ask for added magic almost every photo pass you work with.

I wish! Hahaha. that is still another year away though.

Is trader Sam's busy later in the day? Like if went over there before the MK fireworks do you think it might be an issue? That was one of my possible plans as well. Yes we plan on doing a lot of pictures and magic shots (if we dont go to trader sam's before fireworks we will probably get in lie for the tangled lantern photo during fireworks to beat the crowd). to be honest I want to make the most of staying late in the parks but it seems they are actually open much later in August than in June. Plus I know he will be with us in August but so will our parents, so if he cannot make it that late in the park they could always take him back to the hotel and we can stay out so I am probably just overthinking it all haha.

I wish! Hahaha. that is still another year away though.

Is trader Sam's busy later in the day? Like if went over there before the MK fireworks do you think it might be an issue? That was one of my possible plans as well. Yes we plan on doing a lot of pictures and magic shots (if we dont go to trader sam's before fireworks we will probably get in lie for the tangled lantern photo during fireworks to beat the crowd). to be honest I want to make the most of staying late in the parks but it seems they are actually open much later in August than in June. Plus I know he will be with us in August but so will our parents, so if he cannot make it that late in the park they could always take him back to the hotel and we can stay out so I am probably just overthinking it all haha.
The times we've tried to get into Sam's in the evening the line has been too long for us to follow through. This may vary, but just our experience. DW has decided we get in line at 3pm this next trip. It is high on her priority list. :-)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter