Quick Hello/Intro

Dayloro

Earning My Ears
Hi, I just wanted to introduce myself as I have been reading and lurking on this site since June 2002 when I was planning our Disney trip. Because of this Canadian forum I found many *great* deals and saved a ton of money! Thanks DISers.
Our trip has come and gone and I still cant tear myself from reading this forum everyday so I thought it was time to create a user name and join in.
Anyway, that's about it.

:D

<font color=navy>You were able to resist posting for that long? :teeth: Glad you finally signed up and jumped in! Welcome, welcome!!! :wave: :wave: :wave:

Any questions, just ask away. :)</font>

I really did want to post but every question that arose, with a little reading, was answered. I dont think there are any questions that these forums can not answer. I was so amazed with all the info.
By the way, we went to Disney Sept 27th to October 5th and we are looking forward to a 2003 trip early in the year!
I have a DD who just turned 4 and a DS who is almost 6 and this was there first trip to Disney (hubbys first too) and it was my second (my parents took me when I was 17). We had a fantastic time and hope to go back every year or two.
Anyone been to DisneyLand? Is it as much fun?
Thanks

:wave:

WELCOME TO THE DIS!!!!!!

WOW-I can't believe you've been lurking that long! Glad you finally decided to join us!

So you have another trip planned soon-how lucky! We just got back, DH wants to go again in 2004 so we have a 2 year wait!

So where are staying this next trip?

Grover in Winnipeg
:cool:

Dayloro, don't worry about only posting to ask questions, just jump in and have fun everywhere. :) I spend most of my time on the Community Board, where everything and anything is discussed, which is how I managed to post so many thousand times, LOL. :p Well, you're de-lurked now, so pretty soon you'll be just as addicted as the rest of us. ;) You'll make DIS Veteran in no time! :teeth: (75 posts)

We went to Disneyland when I was 11, so I remember it, but not full details. It was lots of fun, but if I had to pick one, I'd probably choose WDW just because there's so much more to see and do there. Disneyland is certainly still very magical though, and I wouldn't mind going back again sometime. :) It's a lot more quaint. Also, Disneyland usually has a lot more tolerable weather in the summertime than does WDW, so that's another plus if you have to take a trip in the summer months. Both WDW and Disneyland are great parks. :)

From lurker to poster welcome aboard Dayloro. You will be surprised how fast your will become a dis veteran

Grover: Oops, I messed up on the year of our next trip, we are shooting for early 2004. When I read your post I thought "ohh my, I wish I made that kind of money to go in September and then early the next year" LOL
Just chalk it up as a "newbie" slip! ;)
When we do go in 2004 we are planning on staying on-site. This year we stayed at the Days Inn Suites in Kissimmee. When I went with my parents over 10 yrs ago, that is where we stayed. The place hasnt changed much but we had this horrible bug problem (baby ants or something like that?) which we discovered as we where unpacking our WalMart grocries. The front desk staff offed no help at all. I know we went during a wet time of the year and with muggy/wet weather you get bugs but the motel was over half empty and they didnt even offer us a bug free room. I had to phone front desk and asked to be moved myself and that took many calls. Finally on our 2nd day there they decided to actually move us and then they made such a big deal out of how we where getting a pool side room and how they usually cost more and how lucky I was to be getting a pool side room. Ohh man I was furious. How the heck did she think she was doing us a favour?? Yes, thank you Days Inn, we got to arrive the day before at your hotel, unpack our clothes, go grocery shopping, unpack grocries, re-pack our luggage, re-pack grocries, move all our stuff to a new room down one floor with 2 small children which took us about 8 trips to move it all!! Ohh thank you Days Inn for the pool side room...... Grrrr....... :mad:
Then to top it all off, the dishes they rent you for over 30 US dollars for a week, ended up being in such bad shape you could not cook eggs in the frying pan because it was scratched and so old. I actually phoned the pantry up and told them that I could go to some local yard sales that day and pick them up better dishes/pots/pans for a nickel if they wanted me too!! LOL
I won't say that we will never stay there again and I wont try to discourage people from going there because the bugs, in wet weather, are beyond their control but I wrote a letter to Days Inn letting them know that there staff should be trained to have a quicker solution to a problem other then sending maintance up 4 times to spray for bugs before deciding to take other actions. I also let them know that there Pantry service should seriously look into going to WalMart a making a few hundred dollars worth of dish and pan purchases.
All in all, the pool was clean, the housekeeping service was excellent and the rooms where in pretty good shape considering we only paid $34.99 US per night for a 1 bedroom suite with nice size kitchen and murphy bed in the living room too!!
Well, that post ended up a bit more long winded than I intened it to be but I guess the answer to your question is "onsite" :D

Dayloro :earsgirl:

Welcome , to the DIS Dayloro, and especially to the Canadian Visitors Board! :) :)

I'm glad you decided to jump in and start typing! :)

Hopefully, your next stay will be be bug free! :)

Kim

I hear you on that 'lurking in the shadows' since June- that was me too. June and all. I didn't make my first post until Oct. AND NOW look I'm already a "DIS Veteran" (75 was on Friday), you are going to be amazed at how quickly it adds up.:D
I never, in my life, ever expected that I...I...(me) would ever get addicted to this board( or just talking on the internet for that matter) But it happen!:eek:

Welcome Dayloro!!! It's always great to have another lurker come out and play!

Start posting away! New posters always have something new for us to talk about or even to post something we have not talked about in a long time!

Welcome Dayloro! It's a lot more fun posting than lurking!!! Have a great time here.:D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter