questions

chop456

DIS Veteran
A few questions regarding my upcoming August trip:

I am staying off property and am planning on avoiding the early entry mornings. I thought I saw a list that said which parks were most crowded on certain days. Any clue?

If I plan a ps at an on-site hotel, what are the parking arrangements I need to be prepared for? Can I go to the hotel only, and not be at a park that day? Just pay to park at the hotel?

What is the benefit of splitting up your day between 2 parks? I see alot of that.

Any not to miss ps? I need to make them this week.

Thanks!
Beth/WI

Hi,

This is the current EE hours as I read it:

Sunday - Epcot (evening)
Monday - Disney's Animal Kingdom (morning)
Tuesday - Disney-MGM Studios (evening)
Wednesday - Epcot (morning); Magic Kingdom (evening)
Thursday - Disney's Animal Kingdom (evening)
Friday - Magic Kingdom (morning)
Saturday - Disney-MGM Studios (morning)

They are testing a new program so this will probably change.

The parks tend to be the busiest on the following days:

Magic Kingdom: Monday, Thursday, and Saturday
Epcot: Tuesday and Friday
Disney-MGM Studios: Sunday and Wednesday
Disney's Animal Kingdom: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday

With the new program being tested I'd wait a bit and see if they keep it as this will probably effect the busiest day list.

As far as parking goes, if you are an off-site guess you will need to pay for parking at the resort in question. This fee varies from one resort to the other. You will then get a pass for x many of hours. You can also park at the park you visiting that day and then use the WDW trans. to get around, sometimes takes longer then just driving.

Most people split the days according to EE days and hours the park is open.

If we're staying off-site we stay far away from the park having EE that day. If we're on-site we use EE then hop over to another park to get away from the crowds, once they build.

We also use the hours the park is open, say we're going to AK that day and it closes at 4 or 5 we will then hop to EPCOT to spend a few hours there.

These are usually things we do when on-site, but not as much when we stay off-site. If we're off-site we just pick a park and hit that for the day and stick it out.

As far as PS goes, it all depends on if you want character meals or fancy dinners.

We always try to do Cindy's, love that place. We also always do Chef Mickey's to kick off our trip. Then we try to hit 1 or 2 places we haven't tried before.

Take a look at www.wdwig.com and check out all the menues, they will really help you decide. Also visit the DIS WDW Dining boards, those folks are great about asking questions about food and restaurants.

Hope that helps!
Pammy/WI

Welcome to the Dis,glad you found us.Hope to see you on the boards often.::yes:: :wave2:

If you are eating at a resort then you will be able to park for free there for a limited amount of time (usually 3 hrs). If you want to eat at a hotel and then go to a park. You'll either need to move your vehicle. Or park at a specific park or the TTC and take WDW transportation to the hotel and then back to the park. This would work really well for parks and hotels on the monorail loop.

As for PS's. Depends on your style. Do you want to do Character meals? Personally I love the dinner at Ohana. It is great and the atmosphere is incredible.

I think Kilee has it right: I don't think there is a charge for parking at a resort if you are dining there. It would help to have a PS for the restaurant at the resort:earsboy:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter