Questions

LTiffany

It's a Mickey Mouse World
We arrive Friday and I feel totally unprepared. I still have a few questions that I haven't found the answer to yet.

Can you still request to go up with the captain on the Mark Twain? That is a highlight of the trip for my son and my dad!!!

Will we survive without MaxPass? There are 6 of us for 5 days in the park and we are staying onsite, so we'll get early entry. May do it for one of us, for the PhotoPass. I will check that out tomorrow. Should have done it sooner.

We are there 5 days starting Friday. What day should we aim to see WOC? What about Fantasmic?

Our party is my parents and myself plus two 14 year old girls and my 9 year old son. What do we have to make sure not to miss?

We arrive Friday and I feel totally unprepared. I still have a few questions that I haven't found the answer to yet.

Can you still request to go up with the captain on the Mark Twain? That is a highlight of the trip for my son and my dad!!!

Will we survive without MaxPass? There are 6 of us for 5 days in the park and we are staying onsite, so we'll get early entry. May do it for one of us, for the PhotoPass. I will check that out tomorrow. Should have done it sooner.

We are there 5 days starting Friday. What day should we aim to see WOC? What about Fantasmic?

Our party is my parents and myself plus two 14 year old girls and my 9 year old son. What do we have to make sure not to miss?
You may want to consider MaxPass. It really helped make our trip this weekend (5 people-2 days). There were times we entered one fast pass line and logged into the app and had a time for the next MaxPass line ready for us when we got done with the first ride. Allowed as to do all the headliners at the two parks (besides RSR-which we did as single riders) all before 3. We had planned to go camndo from 8 till midnight at Disneyland on Saturday but had done every ride we wanted by dinner (and some rides twice). We even watched the parade and Fantanimic which we had not planned to do. (Crowd level was a bit lite-didn’t see any que longer than 75 minutes either day so not sure how a busy day will effect MaxPass and ride avalibity) But we enjoyed using it. Also having access to the photos was a nice perk and easy to download with the codes from the rides.

Try MaxPass for one of your earlier, busy days (maybe Saturday?). That way, if you like it, you can get it for the rest of your visit. And if it doesn't work well for your group, you can use the paper FP system just fine for the other days (your teenagers will make great FP runners!). If you decide that you only want MP for PhotoPass, then you only have to buy it for yourself each day. Just make sure to pull all FPs using your ticket with the rest of your group so that your return times are the same. I always try to see the headliner shows early on during a trip, so that if they shows get cancelled later for some reason, you've already seen them. Also, if your show gets cancelled for some reason, you'll have other chances to try again. Especially for fireworks, try to view early in your trip so that you can try again if they get cancelled. (And if your group loves the shows, you'll have chances to see them again before you leave.) I've heard that you can no longer ask to ride with the MT pilot, but I would just ask a CM when you walk by. I know they try to limit the size of groups in the wheelhouse, so your entire group may not fit at one time.

Last edited:
I am not sure about asking to captain The Mark Twain, but in October my friend and I were selected by the captain to go up with him and 'drive the boat', it was the highlight of our trip!

You can ask about the Mark Twain, they do sometimes say no. You need to ask a CM that is standing on the boat dock.

I second getting MP for one day early on. I think you'll find it worth the cost, especially for a larger group.

We are leaning towards doing MP for the girls all five days and just using that instead of PP.

We went over Dapper Day weekend and found that with EMHs and regular fast passes we did not need maxpass (it was not too busy except Saturday afternoon and then Sunday).....had no trouble getting rides, especially DCA headliners.....(multiple times, too)

• You now have to be invited to go up with the captain on the Mark Twain, it is not something that you can currently ask to do.
  • You can survive without MaxPass, but MaxPass would definitely make the trip more enjoyable. For example, after you first scan your ticket at say the Matterhorn, you could get a return time for Space Mountain while still in the FP line at Matterhorn. This is true at any FP attraction, you can book your next FP the second all of your party has scanned their tickets at the first scanner.
  • For WOC, Fantasmic! and the Fireworks, always aim for the first day they are offered because weather CAN and often does cause them to cancel the shows.
  • Not to miss:
    • All of the shows, Disneyland is out near Hollywood and gets some of the best performers as a result, so all of the shows are great.
    • Don't overlook the atmosphere, characters and other "minor" stuff, so many people focus on the big things, they often miss the magic of the small things.
    • To that end, to just take your time and enjoy being there, you have 5 days, which should give you enough time to do all that you want to do, especially if you use MaxPass.

DO NOT MISS Space Mountain! It was by far the best ride we were on all day! Actually, Star Wars in Tomorrowland is incredible! We didn't discover that portion of the park until later in the day and man do I regret not being able to spend more time there! Although it was pretty cool hanging out here after sundown! I'm actually planning more time there for our next trip and using this article to help me do so! Highly recommend it!

http://micechat.com/180458-disneyland-update-even-star-wars-tomorrowland/

Another question, with PhotoPass do you get the actual printed photos from character meals? Or is it all just downloads?

If we do MaxPass for the girls, how would I access PhotoPass? Can more than one person have PP on their phone if we go with PP? I really don't think the rest of us need MaxPass. We will not utilize it. My son isn't big on rides at all and I fell and got a severe concussion in March that I am still recovering from. I'm thinking a lot of rides will be out for me this time around. Definitely won't be doing Space Mountain or a lot of the big ticket rides. I'm afraid.

Maybe we should do PhotoPass and will do MaxPass for the girls as we go if we need to.

We went with PhotoPass. We just do not need MaxPass at all. Crowds are nowhere near what we were expecting.

Never disappointed with the Paradise Pier. There was a slight snaffou at check in and they made it right by upgrading us to DCA view rooms and giving us three auto Fast passes.

We got to go up with the captain on the Mark Twain. All is wonderful!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter