Questions re Value Studio at AKV

Amy5000

Mouseketeer
Hi all. We just booked our first trip home to SSR for next April 08. (A long way off, I know). We are planning for a longer trip for our first trip and I was surprised at how few pts the Value Rooms at AKV were, especially for the weekend. I was actually considering trying to do a split stay when we move into our 7 month window.

So here's my question: What's up with the Value rooms? Are they just the worst view? Are they significantly smaller? Do they lack indoor plumbing? Anything I should know? Will those rooms be impossible to get much like the BWV standard view (or so I've heard on these boards)?

Thanks in advance to all of you.

Amy

Hi all. We just booked our first trip home to SSR for next April 08. (A long way off, I know). We are planning for a longer trip for our first trip and I was surprised at how few pts the Value Rooms at AKV were, especially for the weekend. I was actually considering trying to do a split stay when we move into our 7 month window.

So here's my question: What's up with the Value rooms? Are they just the worst view? Are they significantly smaller? Do they lack indoor plumbing? Anything I should know? Will those rooms be impossible to get much like the BWV standard view (or so I've heard on these boards)?

Amy

The CM @ MS told me they were smaller and had undesirable views - but I don't think an of us knows what they'll really be like until they open. It could very well be that you can get a decent view and the size is not that noticable. If that's the case, I expect they'll be the hot ticket.

I thought the value rooms were going to be a mix of savanna and standard views, and the reason they are "value" is that they are smaller and sleep fewer people (like no pullout chair that becomes a single bed).

...............So here's my question: What's up with the Value rooms? Are they just the worst view? Are they significantly smaller? Do they lack indoor plumbing? Anything I should know? Will those rooms be impossible to get much like the BWV standard view (or so I've heard on these boards)?

Amy

(It's the indoor plumbing thing..................but, you'd be surprised at how gorgeous the gourd commodes are, and I heard there's one per guest.............:lmao: )

yes they are smaller - alot smaller.

the views you get could be anything - even savannah.

The studio value rooms are supposed to be about 50 feet smaller than the regular studio. For me, that's not worth the 1 point less a night it is over a standard view studio. (but, you do get the possibility of a savannah view with the value) I mean, I'm all for saving $$ points, but for only 1 point a night on the weekday, I rather have the extra 50 feet. :goodvibes BUT, for some reason, I can't justify the extra 2 points a night for the Savannah view. What's up with that. :confused3

What's up with the Value rooms? Are they just the worst view? Are they significantly smaller? Do they lack indoor plumbing? Anything I should know? Will those rooms be impossible to get much like the BWV standard view (or so I've heard on these boards)?

You basically get a tent out in the savannah, so technically it would be savannah-view :)

My understanding is the value rooms are simply the result of the AKL renovations and them having to work within the existing building structure. It resulted in some rooms that were of odd dimensions or not quite "full size" so they created a category for those to let people know there is a difference.

I personally think the value rooms and the concierge level at Jambo sets AKV apart from the other DVC resorts. It is one of the reasons we decided to buy there, aside from the fact that owners get to ride the animals. I already have my giraffe saddle ;)

Will the value rooms be in both buildings or just the new one?

Kidani 'the new building" will be built to DVC standards and no Value rooms re in the plans for the new building

Aren't there only a few value level studio rooms available which some people think it might be difficult to get a ressie at the 7 month window?

Aren't there only a few value level studio rooms available which some people think it might be difficult to get a ressie at the 7 month window?

Yes. I think those and the concierge are going to be 11-month window reservations for the most part. Or at least... before 7-months.

I don't know exactly how many Value villas there will be, but I expect there will be more Value villas than Standard View villas in Jambo House. If you were to list the villa categories in order from the fewest number to the greatest number, I think it would be: Concierge, Standard View, Value and finally Savanna View, which will probably equal or outnumber the other three categories put together. This will change when Kidani Village opens because it will add to the number of Standard View villas.

Do you think maybe the value studios don't have the pullout couch? Maybe it's just a queen bed & maybe a chair, due to the smaller room.

That's my guess. :confused3

And why doesnt MS know yet? I don't understand. They have to have the blue prints made up & shouldn't the rooms be done already or close to it? :confused3

Do you think maybe the value studios don't have the pullout couch? Maybe it's just a queen bed & maybe a chair, due to the smaller room.
It's the other way around -- the Value 1BR has the pullout couch but not the pullout chair. So it sleeps 4, whereas the other 1BRs at AKV sleep 5.

And why doesn't MS know yet? I don't understand. They have to have the blue prints made up & shouldn't the rooms be done already or close to it? :confused3
What is it that MS doesn't know?
ETA: Nevermind, I just re-read this thread and saw Starbox's comments about an MS CM claiming that the Value villas have "undesirable views".

:rotfl:

I really enjoyed many of your responses...

(It's the indoor plumbing thing..................but, you'd be surprised at how gorgeous the gourd commodes are, and I heard there's one per guest.............:lmao: )

You basically get a tent out in the savannah, so technically it would be savannah-view :)

I personally think the value rooms and the concierge level at Jambo sets AKV apart from the other DVC resorts. It is one of the reasons we decided to buy there, aside from the fact that owners get to ride the animals. I already have my giraffe saddle ;)

I think folks staying in value rooms only get to ride a warthog.

:rotfl2: So far it sounds like the Value rooms are DVCs answer to Fort Wilderness... but if I knew about riding the animals I probably would have purchased AKV instead of SSR. I think they usually charge extra for activities like that so this seems a bargain!

On a more serious note:

The studio value rooms are supposed to be about 50 feet smaller than the regular studio. For me, that's not worth the 1 point less a night it is over a standard view studio. (but, you do get the possibility of a savannah view with the value) I mean, I'm all for saving $$ points, but for only 1 point a night on the weekday, I rather have the extra 50 feet. :goodvibes BUT, for some reason, I can't justify the extra 2 points a night for the Savannah view. What's up with that. :confused3

ok. The reduction during the week doesn't do it for me either. But during the same time my studio at SSR is 2pts per weeknight more and a whopping 8pts per weekend night more. A one week stay is 26 pts less than SSR at the same time. Since I have a very small contract (100pts) saving pts does seem to come into play for me. :-) Thanks for the entertainment all. I might try for the value room, but I won't hold my breath...I suspect that those will be for AKV owners only...especially on weekends!!

I can't wait to find out! I just booked 7 nights for June 1 - 8, 2008 at AKV value studio for 83 points. Considering you loose 50 sq ft but have a chance of getting a savanna view for 9 points s - th, 19 points f & s, seems well worth it to me. Remember the Value resorts have 260 sq ft, 50 sq ft less than AKV value studios. I guess I'm just a risk taker and a point saver.

I can't wait to find out! I just booked 7 nights for June 1 - 8, 2008 at AKV value studio for 83 points. Considering you loose 50 sq ft but have a chance of getting a savanna view for 9 points s - th, 19 points f & s, seems well worth it to me. Remember the Value resorts have 260 sq ft, 50 sq ft less than AKV value studios. I guess I'm just a risk taker and a point saver.

Very exciting. Did you need to call day-by-day or did you wait for your check out date? I'm thinking the value rooms will be for AKV owners only....oh well...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter