Questions-Parking and names on reservations

tallygirl

Mouseketeer
Our son and his family will be camping at the Fort in December (so glad to see him carrying on the tradition-we camped every year while he was growing up) In the past we have parked at the entrance and taken an internal bus to their site to hang out, ride the golf cart, go to the campfire, etc. Now, I have heard non guests are not allowed to park there because of the new DVC construction. It has been suggested to just add our names to their reservation, allowing us access.

But, we are staying at one of the All Stars for the same dates. Will it mess up Disney's system to have our names on two reservations? Will it cause a problem and flag us for some reason? Has anyone else done this?

Thanks for any advice.

If you are staying on site an option you have is to bus to MK and then take the ferry to the campground. Parking is currently being reduced to guests staying on site (campground) and this with dining reservations.

Our son and his family will be camping at the Fort in December (so glad to see him carrying on the tradition-we camped every year while he was growing up) In the past we have parked at the entrance and taken an internal bus to their site to hang out, ride the golf cart, go to the campfire, etc. Now, I have heard non guests are not allowed to park there because of the new DVC construction. It has been suggested to just add our names to their reservation, allowing us access.

But, we are staying at one of the All Stars for the same dates. Will it mess up Disney's system to have our names on two reservations? Will it cause a problem and flag us for some reason? Has anyone else done this?

Thanks for any advice.

In our experience, it will mess up your MB. It’s either one resort or the other.

If you have family staying at the fort, security usually doesn’t have a problem letting you through the gate. Just give them the site number. However, with construction now, it may be different. All you can do is ask

In our experience, it will mess up your MB. It’s either one resort or the other.

If you have family staying at the fort, security usually doesn’t have a problem letting you through the gate. Just give them the site number. However, with construction now, it may be different. All you can do is ask
I talked to CM at fort desk today and they all told me our guests just need to tell the gate keeper our name and site number and they will let the guest enter.

I talked to CM at fort desk today and they all told me our guests just need to tell the gate keeper our name and site number and they will let the guest enter.

Thanks for the update. This has always been our experience at FW. Even on Halloween day

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter