• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Question's on stabilizer's and Tripods for I Phone at the Park

JerrodDragon89

DIS Veteran
Going to the Parks next week and want to see if this Tripod is allowed? It fits in my backpack and isn't over 6 feet, just worried because it extends that they will claim its a selfie stick.

Also any recommendations for stabilizer's for I phone, all the ones I see online extend and thats a no go at the parks. Thanks for any help

1701894924026.png

Going to the Parks next week and want to see if this Tripod is allowed? It fits in my backpack and isn't over 6 feet, just worried because it extends that they will claim its a selfie stick.

Also any recommendations for stabilizer's for I phone, all the ones I see online extend and thats a no go at the parks. Thanks for any help

View attachment 815990
Do you need a tall freestanding holder? If not, then these work well on tables and railings:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B09HKZRBF9/

This should be fine but you may get flagged by a security guard with less experience. I've had an inexperienced security guard at the parking lot call over a different guard when inspecting my tripod before.
Proper tripods like the carbon fiber ones from Slik with an additional phone holder attachment will be the safest option but are kinda overkill for your use case.

My wife has brought in a full tripod for her “big” camera. We have had a guard or two push about extension but another guard has stepped in and said it is ok.

I've seen a few streamers while in the park. None have had a tall stand like what you're showing. It's always a small, hand held thing.

Just my ¢0.02

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter