Questions on Coronado

I really like the Ranchos section. It has a great quiet pool and the ambiance reminds me a bit of stepping into Big Thunder Mountain Railroad. I like the Cabanas section, too -- both it and Ranchos can be close to the main pool if you're in the right building, which is nice. I think you'll enjoy the resort!
I think so too!
Just to add, I'm not sure how spread out Ranchos is, but we found it so convenient to get to both the parking lot and the bus stop, it was very close.

I am considering a switch to Coronado based on everyone's feedback but I keep wishing there was other transportation options. We choose CBR because of the Skyliner but if we have a rental car then not sure it matters.

We are dvc and wish Coronado would become part of it. We haven’t stayed in rooms but we love the ambiance, the bars and the Toledo restaurant which in our mind is way better than Topolino at Riveria.

I am considering a switch to Coronado based on everyone's feedback but I keep wishing there was other transportation options. We choose CBR because of the Skyliner but if we have a rental car then not sure it matters.
The last two times we've gone we've stayed at CBR because it was the only moderate available and -- this is my opinion only -- the skyliner isn't as much of a game-changer as I had hoped. Yes, it's convenient for going to and leaving a park, but not as convenient as you would imagine for getting there at rope drop. We waited in a really long line at the Skyliner hub at CBR (all resorts converge there for the different lines to DHS and Epcot) for DHS and we barely made it in time to get a boarding group for RoTR even though we left our room 90 minutes before park open. Plus, the rooms at CBR aren't nearly as nice as the rooms at CSR. I may change my mind after they do a refurb, but right now they're just kind of old and tired. I'd rather stay at a resort I feel is a bit nicer and take an Uber or Lyft if I want to get to a park at rope drop. And forget the skyliner if bad weather moves through. Getting buses instead is a bit of a nightmare and the bus situation in general at CBR leaves a lot to be desired, especially with physical distancing right now. We gave up on the buses and just Ubered.

Would you only stay in the towers or would you recommend the Ranchos?
I only stay in Casitas. It's just a personal preference thing, not because it's BETTER. My son is disabled and that section allows us to be close to just about everything we need. But, I'm sure it's no difference in Ranchos or Cabanas. The tower is magnificently beautiful, but I would only stay there on a solo trip because of needs of my son. Hopefully that happens someday. It was supposed to happen in August but.... Darn you, NBA! I hope you're happy! :D Tee hee!

Well I pulled the trigger and booked 2 rooms at the Coranado for 10 days. And on the bright side the cost is a full 10k cheaper than the Poly would have been. The restaurant offers look interesting as well. I just wanted to thank everyone for their assistance again. I am so hoping that by June they have things back to some sense of normalcy.

FWIW, CSR is pretty centrally located. We never found the buses to anywhere to be a particularly long commute. Its one of the few resorts where not having alternate transportation doesn't bother me.

the skyliner isn't as much of a game-changer as I had hoped. Yes, it's convenient for going to and leaving a park, but not as convenient as you would imagine for getting there at rope drop. We waited in a really long line at the Skyliner hub at CBR (all resorts converge there for the different lines to DHS and Epcot) for DHS
I'll play devil's advocate and respectfully disagree. In our experience staying at AOA, we absolutely thought the Skyliner was a game changer. Granted, this was before covid so I can't speak to how its going now. Last Fall, we also found what appeared to be long lines at the CBR hub, but the difference between a long line at the Skyliner and a long line at a boat/monorail/bus is that the Skyliner's lines are continuously moving. They load one party after another so even if I'm 20-30 parties deep in line, it took less than 10 minutes to get inside a gondola. Now, with limited operating hours, staff, etc. I could see it taking longer. It would also take longer if there is inclement weather or something requiring a stoppage. But otherwise, the main benefit of the Skyliner is the efficiency of the continuously moving lines and we thought this was very apparent and as fast as expected.

Thanks for the info and reviews on Coronado Springs. We are staying in GDT in November and looking forward to it. WE have a rental car and will probably be using that for park transport.

Thanks for the info and reviews on Coronado Springs. We are staying in GDT in November and looking forward to it. WE have a rental car and will probably be using that for park transport.

As noted by some PPs above, while I was familiar with CSR’s location on property, it took staying there last fall to really appreciate just how ‘central’ it is to many things. Most destinations are a 1-3 turns and a straight shot there, and nothing feels like it takes very long. What it lacks in transportation options it makes up for in minutes here and there you save getting around, IMO. Enjoy your trip!

FWIW, CSR is pretty centrally located. We never found the buses to anywhere to be a particularly long commute. Its one of the few resorts where not having alternate transportation doesn't bother me.

I'll play devil's advocate and respectfully disagree. In our experience staying at AOA, we absolutely thought the Skyliner was a game changer. Granted, this was before covid so I can't speak to how its going now. Last Fall, we also found what appeared to be long lines at the CBR hub, but the difference between a long line at the Skyliner and a long line at a boat/monorail/bus is that the Skyliner's lines are continuously moving. They load one party after another so even if I'm 20-30 parties deep in line, it took less than 10 minutes to get inside a gondola. Now, with limited operating hours, staff, etc. I could see it taking longer. It would also take longer if there is inclement weather or something requiring a stoppage. But otherwise, the main benefit of the Skyliner is the efficiency of the continuously moving lines and we thought this was very apparent and as fast as expected.
YMMV on the skyliner for sure. I do think it's a great addition to transportation options at those resorts, but my recent experience getting to DHS on it for rope drop was dicey. With physical distancing (only one party per gondola), it took us longer than I expected based on pre-COVID experiences.

YMMV on the skyliner for sure. I do think it's a great addition to transportation options at those resorts, but my recent experience getting to DHS on it for rope drop was dicey. With physical distancing (only one party per gondola), it took us longer than I expected based on pre-COVID experiences.
FWIW, our Skyliner experience last October, a moderately busy time, they were only loading one party per gondola as well. It was always just DH and I in our own gondola, and I assumed they'd load it up if the line was long but they never did. Perhaps now they are stopping them more frequently for cleaning or something in the current environment? Either way, I agree its a personal preference!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter