Questions on Coronado

KenHutch

DIS Veteran
Looks like The Poly will not be open on our next trip so I am looking for a new place. The grandson saw a video of the pool at Coronado and wants to stay there. Well what he wants he usually gets but in our previous trips we have not stayed there could those in the know tell me anything about the Coronado?

We love our stays at Coronado!

We find that despite it being a "convention resort" or "too big" that we feel those traits lead to the resort feeling quieter and more relaxed. There's always the overall feeling of calm we feel throughout the resort that really sets it apart from other resorts including those in the deluxe category.

The food options are many and plentiful as well since the major renovations. We love spending down time at Three Bridges which is an amazing lounge in the middle of the water in the center of the resort and including it there are five different dining options in the resort itself!

Lastly the pools are great. The main pool is a lot of fun yet never feels crowded and the quiet pools can give you a great respite from the crowds.

For a mod resort - it has a great feature pool. I actually like its pool slide better than the one at AKL, for example.

I really like CSR. It is a BIG resort - so while I love the remote feel of the Ranchos section of the resort, others feel that section can be a long walk to the main building with the food court and gift shop. The tower rooms - are a "step up" in terms of what you normally find at a moderate - and the price reflects that.

My wife and I love the Coronado, it's our go to resort these days. And it's mostly due to it being much more laid back than many others. You can actually leisurely stroll about, the bus wait times are shorter (less crowded) and the food court area isn't super loud. The pool is nice also, it's large, obviously has a slide and fairly interesting theming.

Also a huge perk is that all of their rooms have now been renovated and are very nice.

Thanks everyone so far our last trip we stayed at Animal Kingdom Lodge and we were going to stay at The POLY. my favorite is French Quarter. We are not going before June and I am hoping for a more normal WDW when we go. It really comes down to what a 21,11 and 3 year old want. They seem to be impressed with the videos they have seen

I was torn between Coronado or Carribean Beach for our trip in February. We have CB booked right now because of Skyliner and the easy access to HS and Epcot. I like what people are saying about Coronado thought and since I always go with a rental car I am thinking maybe I should reconsider Coronado. Thanks for everyone's input.

Best value on property, IMHO. Beautiful rooms, grounds, easy to get from one place to another now that they put the bridges across the Lake, MANY dining options that are all yummy to me. The CMs are very helpful and attentive without going over-the-top. I have NEVER had a problem staying there. I have an upcoming trip in Nov there and I truly cannot wait. I've seen posts about others having a problem with transportation there, but I truly never have. It's all timing when it comes to buses....if you just missed one, you'll have a 20 minute wait. Otherwise, great resort.

Best value on property, IMHO. Beautiful rooms, grounds, easy to get from one place to another now that they put the bridges across the Lake, MANY dining options that are all yummy to me. The CMs are very helpful and attentive without going over-the-top. I have NEVER had a problem staying there. I have an upcoming trip in Nov there and I truly cannot wait. I've seen posts about others having a problem with transportation there, but I truly never have. It's all timing when it comes to buses....if you just missed one, you'll have a 20 minute wait. Otherwise, great resort.

Would you only stay in the towers or would you recommend the Ranchos?

The Dig Site pool is very neat. But you cannot climb the pyramid. There is a slide, but it's not at the top of the pyramid.

Coronado is a great resort!

We've stayed in Casitas, Ranchos, and currently have GDT booked since we got a PIN (originally at Pop, but reading how crowded it is decided to splurge since we got the PIN and move).
The CMs there are very helpful and friendly. We mostly used our rental car, but did use the buses a few times. The only issue we had was getting to Epcot. We were at the stop early - first ones there - and shortly after one other family joined us. We must have waited more than 30 minutes for the first bus of the day. In the meantime, a ton of AK buses and a fair amount of DHS buses came before an EP bus came. We and the other family both had 8 a.m-ish reservations at Garden Grill and we had to pretty much sprint it after finally getting through security. We definitely got into the park after 8 a.m. Not sure if that is the norm. I'd be leery if I wanted to get to DHS to get a boarding group for RoTR and probably find other transportation that day (but I'd do that at other resorts too, we're big SW fans :) ).

The rooms looked brand new. Not sure when they renovated (I don't think it was that long ago) but they were in good shape. The bridges are nice to stroll across too. We didn't get the chance to use the Dig Site pool though. Hopefully next time.

Love Coronado Springs! I prefer the Ranchos or Cabanas section to GD Tower. The bridge brings the restaurants closer. We will have a car for our November trip. The GD tower is beautiful but it is a hotel. I prefer the village like sections with their own pools. Such a pretty resort! It is my second favorite resort only behind Port Orleans Riverside. We have stayed at many deluxe resorts, value resorts and moderate resorts. Just love the feel of PO Riverside and Coronado. The rooms are spacious and really nice. Also I like the separated sinks from tub and toilet which is an arrangement not available in GD tower. Go for it! Whether you stay in GD tower or one of the other sections, I think you and your family will love Coronado Springs!

I agree with all the above praise for Coronado Springs. Ken Hatch, if you are used to a compact resort with everything within easy walking distance, CS is not it. We stay POFQ for that very reason and because of mobility issues.
However, we have stayed at CS and we really liked it. The rooms seem more spacious to us. We stayed at Casita #3 and loved the area. Because of the size of the resort, it seems less crowded and more peaceful, as was mentioned before.
We never had a problem with the buses at all. The new bridge sounds like a great addition to this resort.
If you don't need to be close to everything for whatever reason, then it is great. You can request to be closer, and I think the Casita we stayed in is now a preferred area. Good luck!

We had a great stay at Coronado Springs last October! We liked the grounds, renovated rooms, and food options. I don't love the busing - as others have mentioned, there are several stops and longer waits. But I'm not opposed to calling a Lyft in those scenarios. I would like to go back and stay in a Gran Destino Tower room!

Love Coronado Springs! I prefer the Ranchos or Cabanas section to GD Tower. The bridge brings the restaurants closer. We will have a car for our November trip. The GD tower is beautiful but it is a hotel. I prefer the village like sections with their own pools. Such a pretty resort! It is my second favorite resort only behind Port Orleans Riverside. We have stayed at many deluxe resorts, value resorts and moderate resorts. Just love the feel of PO Riverside and Coronado. The rooms are spacious and really nice. Also I like the separated sinks from tub and toilet which is an arrangement not available in GD tower. Go for it! Whether you stay in GD tower or one of the other sections, I think you and your family will love Coronado Springs!
I have stayed at Riverside but French Quarter us my favorite can you say anything about the Ranchose
I agree with all the above praise for Coronado Springs. Ken Hatch, if you are used to a compact resort with everything within easy walking distance, CS is not it. We stay POFQ for that very reason and because of mobility issues.
However, we have stayed at CS and we really liked it. The rooms seem more spacious to us. We stayed at Casita #3 and loved the area. Because of the size of the resort, it seems less crowded and more peaceful, as was mentioned before.
We never had a problem with the buses at all. The new bridge sounds like a great addition to this resort.
If you don't need to be close to everything for whatever reason, then it is great. You can request to be closer, and I think the Casita we stayed in is now a preferred area. Good luck!
Walking is not an issue for me I walk 10 miles a day (replacement knees) to stay in shape

While I haven't stayed at the Poly yet (we have a night booked in November), we love Coronado. I wasn't expecting to like it due to it's large size, but we fell in love with it and seem to stay here at least once a year! Last time we were in Ranchos and it isn't a bad walk to the main areas. The large resort size actually makes it feel pretty empty. The food choices are great and you have a gym which no other moderate has. We rely on bus transportation and never found it an issue. We stayed here after Copper Creek last Christmas and my husband preferred the rooms here!

The only down side to CS is the bus service. Other then that, we like it. It if you are driving...

Coronado is one of our favorite resorts. It is large, but the amount of walking has been cut down with the addition of the bridges across the lake. We like to book a preferred room in the Casitas section, which is closest to Bus Stop 2, which is the first bus stop for pick up and drop off (except for Disney Springs). The bus stop at the towers is the last. In "normal" times, we've always had great luck with the bus service there but found that boarding at Bus Stop 2 was important if we wanted a seat on the bus.

We've stayed at Coronado three times and have loved it. It has a great pool, one of the best on property in my opinion, and the rooms are also some of the nicest. There are more food options there (normally) than at other resorts and it's a quiet resort, which is really nice at the end of the day. While it only has bus transportation, we've never had any issues with it. And it's located very centrally on property, which makes getting to all parks a breeze. It's the most deluxe feeling of any of the moderates, too, with a spa and a gym. Totally a great value.

I just want to thank everyone for the help. I am sort of glad the kids picked this resort out. Two rooms for 8 people for 10 days is really pricey at The Poly this is a whole lot less expensive. Based on the replies I am looking at the Ranchos section.

I just want to thank everyone for the help. I am sort of glad the kids picked this resort out. Two rooms for 8 people for 10 days is really pricey at The Poly this is a whole lot less expensive. Based on the replies I am looking at the Ranchos section.
I really like the Ranchos section. It has a great quiet pool and the ambiance reminds me a bit of stepping into Big Thunder Mountain Railroad. I like the Cabanas section, too -- both it and Ranchos can be close to the main pool if you're in the right building, which is nice. I think you'll enjoy the resort!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter