Questions for those who've gone last/this week ~

kim3339

DIS Veteran
2 quick questions ~ have they been doing rope drop in DL before the 8am open time. I know they did when I went in June, but now they open at 8 instead of 9.

Also, are the stores on Main Street staying open after close like they used to do pre-Covid?

We're going Saturday if that makes a difference. :confused3

Thanks in advance!!

Yes and yes. Was at DL rope drop yesterday and they had it in the hub where you could wait on the left, center or right ropes. We also bought some souvenirs after closing time on main street (ice cream also...).

They are not opening early at DL anymore, to the best of my knowledge. It's a true "rope drop" now, where you're held at ropes that drop at 8am sharp.

Yes and yes. Was at DL rope drop yesterday and they had it in the hub where you could wait on the left, center or right ropes. We also bought some souvenirs after closing time on main street (ice cream also...).
Rope drop was at 8, correct? I think the OP is asking if they're still opening early, like they were before they brought back "rope drop."

I have almost ?? mastered that fast walk thing that closely resembles "mall walking"... one of my bucket list items is to visit the park when it's so empty I can just stroll around and not even think about which ride has the shortest line or if Tiki Room is a good idea because it's so hot and lines are so long everywhere else.... (Tiki Room is ALWAYS a good idea in my book haha!!):flower1:

Early morning, majority of people either go with Adventureland (Indiana Jones), Fantasyland (Peter Pan) or Tomorrowland (Space Mountain) as their first ride. Also when walking down Main Street, look at which side of the Rope Drops are the most crowded.

When we went, I initially was going to Rope Drop Fantasyland and go to Peter Pan first, although that section of the Rope Drop already had massive lines. I then looked at the Adventureland Rope Drop and still saw space to walk forward on the right side of the crowd and we eventually got to the 4th row from the front.

Why is that important? We were able to get on Indiana Jones at 8:03am and left the exit at 8:18am, so it only took 15 minutes. After we left the exit, the Wait Time at the entrance was listed at 50 minutes!!!

As the Grail Knight said in the Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade movie....

Disneyland.jpg

Last edited:
oh the pressure! We were planning on skipping PP and doing snow white instead next Wednesday. Then Alice, then space mountain. Thoughts?

oh the pressure! We were planning on skipping PP and doing snow white instead next Wednesday. Then Alice, then space mountain. Thoughts?
Space Mountain first, Buzz Lightyear and Star Tours should be relative walk on's. Then walk to Fantasyland and all those rides outside of Peter Pan should be pretty reasonable.

If you go to Fantasyland first and then Space Mountain, the lines will be long, so I'd recommend doing Single Rider.

That’s not a bad idea. Lines for Snow White have been longer lately, for obvious reasons. I suspect you’ve done PP once or twice over the past few years so there will be nothing new there. Lines for both PP and SW will get long quickly so you only get a shot at one of them at rope drop. You might as well, then, choose the one that will be the most unique for you. Sometimes (sometimes) attractions aren’t open the first few minutes after rope drop and that can work to your advantage. For example, not long ago I did PP first (I was the first person on the ride) and then Mr. Toad and Dumbo. Moments after I exited Dumbo, SN opened (the opening had been delayed) and I was able to board it quickly. You can’t count on that, obv. But sometimes you get lucky.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter