Questions for HHI resort?

MAGICX2

DIS Veteran
Here are a few things I would like to know that I can't seem to locate here:

Just how far away is the beach?
I know there is a shuttle, but is it an easy walk?

Does anyone have a HHI resort map they could share (that includes the beach?)

Tell me more about the Beach House and Beach Access (and share pics if you have them.)

Do they do anything special for July 4th? (Can I see the fireworks from our balcony if I request a specific view?)

Does anyone have an activities list from July 4th week they could share?

Thanks!!

I'll help with what I know.

The fireworks are not put on by Disney's resort. We watched them last 4th of July from the banks of Broad Creek. They were excellent.

We paid for the 4th of July picnic food and party, and it was a lot of fun. I do not know if the games were for everyone, but the food was for only those who paid. It seems to me everyone could participate in the games, like dunk the person and feed your partner ice cream while someone is laying down and someone is standing up, there were many more.

It is a relatively easy bike ride, but not a walk to the beach house, that is my opinion, but I have difficulty walking.

Bobbi:goodvibes

You can drive, bike, or take the shuttle. It is really nice they have a pool there shaped like the letter H and has a volley ball net. There is a bar, quick service and arcade there too. You need key card to get in. There are lots of activites some free some cost a few or a little more depends on what it is. They do Tye Dye Mickey t shirts, hunting for Brer Rabbit with shadow, ghost stories with B Crabbe. Kayaking. Just to name a few plus movies under the stars.

Here are a few things I would like to know that I can't seem to locate here:

Just how far away is the beach?
I know there is a shuttle, but is it an easy walk?

Does anyone have a HHI resort map they could share (that includes the beach?)

Tell me more about the Beach House and Beach Access (and share pics if you have them.)

Do they do anything special for July 4th? (Can I see the fireworks from our balcony if I request a specific view?)

Does anyone have an activities list from July 4th week they could share?

Thanks!!

The distance from resort to beach is just over a mile. It is doable, but perhaps more than you want to do in summer heat. Biking will take 10 - 15 minutes and the shuttle takes about 5 minutes.

The Beach House has a two snack bars (one is more of a bar), a pool, splash pool for little ones, an indoor (and air-conditioned) family-room area, bathrooms/showers, ping-pong. The beach access is via a wooden boardwalk or via "carpeted" walkway. it is a public beach access - open to anyone with access to Palmetto Dunes (your resort parking pass provides that access). There is a parking garage beneath the Beach House as well as a reasonable surface lot. In summer, the lot will fill up by late morning but at other times is easy to find parking. The lot is for resort guests as well as beach access guests, so it is not a reserved lot for resort guests.

The resort shuttle runs from morning until around 4pm - but from April - October there is also a free shuttle service provided by Palmetto Dunes - to/from all locations within that area including the Disney resort. The shuttle will take you to the mall, grocery, tennis center, golf course, restaurants, Beach House, Dunes House (another public beach access area with a restaurant). It is provided by businesses in Palmetto Dunes (with the exception of the Marriott). The drivers do accept tips.

The July 4th fireworks are easily enjoyed from all over the resort as they are launched from a barge anchored just behind the resort. There will be a 4th of July picnic at the resort as well as some patriotic activities including many centered around the pool.

Here is a link to a map of the resort - http://www.wdwinfo.com/maps/HHMap.pdf - although it does not include a beach map. Here is a googlemaps link to a satellite view of the beach house - you should be able to zoom in on the area noted as "A" - https://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=...06085,0.013078&t=h&mra=mift&mrsp=0&sz=17&z=17

Here is a link to googlemaps view of the resort itself - https://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=...06085,0.013078&t=h&mra=mift&mrsp=0&sz=17&z=17

Enjoy HH!

Actually Doc, we are here now and Surfmans Sand Bar is gone. It looks like they expanded Signals to take care of the bar service.

Great week overall!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter