• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Questions about using Disney Visa Reward Points

GovieMom

DIS Veteran
Hello! I was planning to use both my Disney Chase Visa and also the Rewards Points I've accumulated from that on our upcoming trip, specifically for dining. My question is, in restaurants that offer a 10% discount with the Disney Visa, will the 10% be automatically deducted from my bill when I use the card, or do I need to notify the server. Also, if I was to use my Visa Rewards points to pay the bill, would the 10% discount apply, given that I obviously have a Disney Visa account. Hope this made sense; thanks for any clarification!

For question 1 - I always mention the Disney Visa discount if you forget they could still take it off because they see the card but I mention it.

For question 2 - I'm not entirely sure but I think the answer is no because you have to use your Visa card to get the discount. If you bill was higher then the rewards card amount and you were using both you might get lucky!

You should tell them you have the card before they bring the bill so they don't have to return with the updated bill which can take more time.
Yes you get the discount when using the redemption card as well as the cc.

That’s good to know . Don’t forget to read all the fine print for locations and dates . Are you traveling during the holidays?
This is a recent article that answers all questions except for yours…
Just kidding Hope it works !

FE210895-CF87-41CA-9020-0B05C9BB01E5.png

Last edited:

Also, if I was to use my Visa Rewards points to pay the bill, would the 10% discount apply, given that I obviously have a Disney Visa account. Hope this made sense; thanks for any clarification!
we ate at Hollywood and Vine in April. Bill was over $300. Gave the server a Visa Rewards card, asked him to apply all the funds on the card towards the bill and also gave a Disney Gift card to pay the balance. Server applied the 10% Visa discount! Saved over $30, did not think about asking for the discount as nothing was going on that credit card.

When we ate at Tiffins our server asked if we had the Disney Credit Card. Looking at the menus from another site, many restaurants have stopped giving the Visa discount. It doesn't hurt to ask.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter