Questions about umbrella rental at TL

okienick

Mouseketeer
We've decided to hit TL on the day we leave since our flights aren't until 7pm. We are planning to Uber over there from WL and then take the bus over to DS for a quick bite before we uber to the airport since all buses leaving TL will go to DS anyway. I was planning to rent towels and a locker to store our carry on bags, but I saw in another post about the umbrella rentals and that towels are included for resort guests. My question is about the location of the umbrella rentals. The post from the Disunplugged forum specifically mentions the getaway glen by leaning palms, but when I check the map for TL, it looks like there are multiple areas of the park where the rented umbrellas are. I was thinking we may want one closer to the crush n gusher since it looked like they were closer to the lockers. When you reserve the umbrellas do they let you pick the area you want to be in based on availability? Or do they just assign you to an area? I'm planning to call the week we are there to reserve the umbrella...will there be plenty of availability if I wait until the week of to make the reservation? Or should I do it sooner? TIA!

Glare is blocking a bit of this pic, but it may be helpful as to the locations of the Umbrellas.

You can ask for certain locations when you check in, but it all depends on availability. Could be tough depending on the crowd on your day, when you arrive, etc, or could be fine - hard to tell.

TL Cabanas & Umbrellas.JPG

One thing caught my attention in your post. Not sure how big your carry-ons are, but you may want to check the lockers are big enough, if you haven’t already.

Hope that helps!

Glare is blocking a bit of this pic, but it may be helpful as to the locations of the Umbrellas.

You can ask for certain locations when you check in, but it all depends on availability. Could be tough depending on the crowd on your day, when you arrive, etc, or could be fine - hard to tell.

View attachment 340330

One thing caught my attention in your post. Not sure how big your carry-ons are, but you may want to check the lockers are big enough, if you haven’t already.

Hope that helps!

Thanks very much...I don't think our carryons will be large, but I will definitely verify that before we go. Do you have any recommendations for an area to try to reserve for the umbrellas? If so, why would you recommend it?

We have a certain Umbrella spot that we really like and we have always asked them to include a note on our reservation requesting that specific spot. They always say they can't guarantee that spot since they are really assigned first come first served but we have always been given that spot when we arrive before we even have to ask.

We have a certain Umbrella spot that we really like and we have always asked them to include a note on our reservation requesting that specific spot. They always say they can't guarantee that spot since they are really assigned first come first served but we have always been given that spot when we arrive before we even have to ask.

May I ask what spot that is? :tongue: Why do you like it?

I'll ask my husband for the specific one (he has it in a note on his phone), but it is either 13 or 14. I try to stay out of the sun as much as possible, even at a water park, so we wanted an umbrella that exposed me to the least amount of sun possible. Because you can't move the umbrella most of the spots will still expose you to a lot of sun at some point during the day. There are a few spots that are shadier than others. We don't do many of the slides but spend most of the time napping under the umbrella (and I bring a coloring book and colored pencils and just sit there and color while enjoying the fresh air). If you want to be closer to the action then the area we get is probably not the best spot. We like that it is more secluded and quiet as well.

I'll ask my husband for the specific one (he has it in a note on his phone), but it is either 13 or 14. I try to stay out of the sun as much as possible, even at a water park, so we wanted an umbrella that exposed me to the least amount of sun possible. Because you can't move the umbrella most of the spots will still expose you to a lot of sun at some point during the day. There are a few spots that are shadier than others. We don't do many of the slides but spend most of the time napping under the umbrella (and I bring a coloring book and colored pencils and just sit there and color while enjoying the fresh air). If you want to be closer to the action then the area we get is probably not the best spot. We like that it is more secluded and quiet as well.

Secluded and quiet sounds great! I'm a freckled redhead so as much shade as possible is a great thing! What amenities are close to that location? I can't really tell by the picture above...

Thanks very much...I don't think our carryons will be large, but I will definitely verify that before we go. Do you have any recommendations for an area to try to reserve for the umbrellas? If so, why would you recommend it?

I haven’t personally done an umbrella, only a cabana, but I like the cluster to the right of the wave pool - it’s central to rides and such. The other cluster on the far left has always ‘seemed’ more secluded / quiet and a bit ‘off to the side’ - but full disclosure I’ve never have an umbrella or cabana over there so can’t really comment from personal experience.

I agree with GADisneyDad...the umbrellas right next to the wave pool are best (IMO). I think the numbers on the map above are 21, 23, 24... We had an umbrella in this area when we were there and it was the best "extra" money we spent on our trip! We were secluded, but still in the middle of the action. I would reserve the umbrella as soon as you can and ask them to notate on your reservation which area you prefer. Good luck!

I also agree with GADisneyDad and TXDisneyFan. We were there in March and rented a cabana in the cluster next to the wave pool. There were a couple umbrellas mixed in. It was conveniently located to most of the attractions and we enjoyed the view overlooking the wave pool, yet it still felt private. Just a quick walk over a little bridge to restrooms, food and lockers. The other locations may be more secluded, but the trade off is that they are not as centrally/conveniently located, IMO. Have fun!

View attachment 340330

Hope that helps!

Just there a few weeks ago. Facing crushing gusher we were directly to right next to a bar and a larger cabana. It’s a small area with only 4 sets to rent. Restrooms and lockers right next to us and food nearby as well as lazy river entrance. Sorry I don’t know name of area but well worth the money! Very private and shady. Umbrellas were numbered 27-30.

I agree with the others that we like the area just to the right of the wave pool. I just checked my pictures and we had umbrella #25. When I made the reservation, I asked if we could request that area and the lady I spoke to told me they don’t take requests, however, when we checked in at TL, the CM checking us in told us that we were the last ones checking in that day (we overslept; thank goodness the mousekeeper knocked on our door) and that we were assigned to the area to the right of the wave pool. I’ve read that umbrellas are first come, first serve, but I can’t help to think that the lady on the phone made a note of my request.

Secluded and quiet sounds great! I'm a freckled redhead so as much shade as possible is a great thing! What amenities are close to that location? I can't really tell by the picture above...

It is right next to one of the major restaurants - pretty convenient for food. If I remember correctly it is a bit farther from one of the bars if access to adult beverages is important (I don't recall it being an issue though, my husband was the one who went to get our drinks and I don't think he complained about the distance). In general it is very secluded and far from the "busy" areas of the water park.

My husband thinks it is #12 that we request. 12-14 have the best shade at all times of the day, you would only have to adjust your chair a bit. Try for something along the tree line as you get a bit of extra shade from the trees and it helps if you have to move your chair around to dodge the sun.

Wow...thanks everyone! I got so many great responses and recommendations, now I'm going to have to make a decision about where to request! How far in advance can you book an umbrella? I'm about 80 days out...can I reserve it now?

Wow...thanks everyone! I got so many great responses and recommendations, now I'm going to have to make a decision about where to request! How far in advance can you book an umbrella? I'm about 80 days out...can I reserve it now?

Yes, you can do it now - and I’d recommend it if critical to you. I believe they open for bookings at 180 days.

Can anyone confirm that locker rental is included with umbrella rental? The Disney website doesn't mention this but other posters in other threads have said that it is...

Can anyone confirm that locker rental is included with umbrella rental? The Disney website doesn't mention this but other posters in other threads have said that it is...

I “thought” Locker rental didn’t come with an umbrella rental, but I’m not 100% sure about that? I know the cabanas come with a locker in the cabana.

Anyone else have any insight to confirm if locker rental does in fact come with umbrella rental? I've seen conflicting info.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter