Questions about the toiletries supplied to you in the room...

Cad0587

Mouseketeer
I'm working on my official packing list and I'm REAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLY trying to not over pack (like usual). I am actually trying to UNDER Pack. I usually travel with a FULL SIZE shampoo, condition and body wash for my family. I don't want to do it this time! Has anyone else found that they are fine living off what they supply you in the room? I'm going to bring my loofah and I just figured if we don't use the soap or body wash whatever they supply before I know housekeeping is coming I'll just stick what we have in a drawer so the housekeeper gives us new ones hahah I'll hoard them so I'll have enough to cover us for our stay! And I'm assuming they'll be little shampoo and conditioners in the room and I'll just hoard those too haha.... anyone else able to just use what they supply and not have to take stuff from home? Also, do they have little body lotions in the rooms too? Some hotels do some don't... I'll be staying at the All Star Music Resort.

I dont remember body wash in the all star rooms but i know the shampoo is little bottles of shampoo and conditioner in one. I always bring my own at the values because of this. In December i had to buy baby wash in the gift shop because my daughter is allergic to their soap.

The value resorts only have the 2in1 shampoo/conditioner combo and bar soap. Only the deluxe resorts and some mods have the separate shampoo & conditioner, shower gel and lotion.

The value resorts only have the 2in1 shampoo/conditioner combo and bar soap. Only the deluxe resorts and some mods have the separate shampoo & conditioner, shower gel and lotion.

The shampoo/conditioner combo is fine by me. And I can soap up my loofah with a bar soap that's fine too but no lotion? I'll have to pack a small one to bring. Thanks!

You don't have to hoard your hotel toiletries. If you find that you have insufficient for your needs, just pick up your room phone and call housekeeping. They will be happy to bring you what you need.

I don't think the values have lotion. I remember having to buy a small thing of lotion for my extremely dry hands.

You can always ask for extra. If you want a certain kind, bring ONE bottle of shampoo/conditioner combo. You could use this as body wash, shampoo, and conditioner.

I always come home with extra soaps and shampoos. When I was on my honeymoon at the All Star Movies and slept in past maid service, we were left a giant bag of towels, toilet paper, and a LOT of extra soap.

If you put a "Do Not Disturb" sign on the door they will leave you this lovely bag full of extra stuff. :)

They really are generous if you ask for extra. We called once and said we needed 1 extra bottle of shampoo. They brought us 10! And in less than 20 minutes.

They really are generous if you ask for extra. We called once and said we needed 1 extra bottle of shampoo. They brought us 10! And in less than 20 minutes.

That was my experince at port orleans riverside(I LOVE THAT PLACE) somehow my room was missed for housekeepping anyway i called and requested a few of the toleties and less than ten minutes someone from housekeeping brough me a bag full of everything. I was only staying two nights. I still have some left from my september trip.

They have a bottle of shampoo a bottle of conditioner and two bars of soap. No lotion. And they will gladly give you extra.

For the two of us, we use ONE bottle of shampoo/conditioner for the entire trip. We usually will use the facial soap (not the bathroom soap) for the entire trip. Unless you use an extreme amount of any of those things, you will be fine.

Take your own lotion but quite honestly, I would get a travel size bottle and just use that.

My husband and I have (and my son did growing up) what we call a "ditty bag". We have our essentials in there - shampoo, conditioner, toothbrush, toothpaste, contact container, contact solution, deodorant - all in small sizes. We keep this ready to go for any trip. Very easy to just pick up and dump into the suitcase. Takes up less space than a full bottle of shampoo and we never have to think "did I remember *fill in the blank*" because it's all there. Been doing this for close to 40 years (thanks Mom!).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter