~ Questions About The Grand Californian Hotel ~

tinkcollector

DIS Veteran
We will be staying at the Grand Californian Hotel in September. I remember hearing about special perks that come with staying at this location. For example, a guided tour of the hotel and a morning power walk through DCA. Are these perks still available? Are there any more that you can inform us on, or anything that you think is special and is not to be missed. :tink:

We stayed there last september as well. The offerings everyday were:
7:30am get up and go powerwalk
11:00/2:00/4:00 whats new whats next tour
4:00 the grand quest
5:30/7:30 tales from the hearth
The offerings that were offered a few times a week were:
Disney studio 365 and sephora makeovers
Learn how to make washcloth creations
Learn how to draw
Private shopping time at ridemakerz and build a bear
Art of the craft tour

My DS9 had fun doing the grand quest. It was alittle scavenger hunt where we had to find clues around the common areas of the hotel. It didnt take very long, but it was a fun little adventure and he was thrilled with the cookie he got at the end as his prize. We also had fun doing the classic attraction trivia challenges. This is where we would get questions to an attraction such as pirates of the Caribbean. We would go on the ride and try our best to answer them. They really made you pay attention to all the details of the ride. After we would come back to guest services with our worksheet and they would give a little prize for completing it such as a pin.

Thank you planningjollyholiday. Anyone else, thought I would bump this up in case some one else has more to add. :listen: :tink:

We stayed there last september as well. The offerings everyday were:
7:30am get up and go powerwalk
11:00/2:00/4:00 whats new whats next tour
4:00 the grand quest
5:30/7:30 tales from the hearth
The offerings that were offered a few times a week were:
Disney studio 365 and sephora makeovers
Learn how to make washcloth creations
Learn how to draw
Private shopping time at ridemakerz and build a bear
Art of the craft tour

My DS9 had fun doing the grand quest. It was alittle scavenger hunt where we had to find clues around the common areas of the hotel. It didnt take very long, but it was a fun little adventure and he was thrilled with the cookie he got at the end as his prize. We also had fun doing the classic attraction trivia challenges. This is where we would get questions to an attraction such as pirates of the Caribbean. We would go on the ride and try our best to answer them. They really made you pay attention to all the details of the ride. After we would come back to guest services with our worksheet and they would give a little prize for completing it such as a pin.

The Grand Quest sounds like a fun thing for my family to do. Thanks for the info. We are staying at VGC at the beginning of June and cannot wait. I am also interested in finding out more info on the Disney Studio 365 makeover, I know 2 girls who would want to do this :goodvibes.

There's a new one of the list (I'm here right now :cool1: ) "Mysteries of Magic (1hr) Be amazed, mystified and intrigued as you join us for an intimate magic workshop. This unique private experience will take place at the Main Street Magic Shop." Ages 5 & up. $10 per person. You'll receive training materials and personalized instruction and a 10% discount at the magic shop. Must have theme park ticket.

I'll be there in Sept too Tinkcollector!! Maybe we'll run in to each other in the lobby!! Heehee!!!;)

The "Magic Hour" was the biggest perk for us, as it allowed us to get into DL and DCA 1-hour early. This was a big deal, as you can get on most of the popular rides without the long wait lines (Note, that not all rides are running during the Magic Hour period).

DGC also has a nice workout room, a small video game arcade room, and the Whitewater Cafe is nice for quick meals and small grocery items.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter