• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Questions About Making Genie+ and DAS Reservations

andypooh

Earning My Ears
We will be flying in to WDW November 24. Trying to figure out if we are going to use Genie+ that first day. We will be using the DAS and will make the 2 ahead of time reservations that we are allowed to make via the video chat. We plan on spending the day at MK. Will probably arrive around 12-12:30 and plan on staying for at least some of the evening EMH (we are staying at the BLT). Please correct me if I am wrong but I believe we cannot not make the our first regular DAS selection for that day unless we are actually in the park? For the Genie+ since we have a reservation for MK that day I assume we can book our first reservation at 7am even though we will not yet be in the park? And then we can book a new reservation 2 hours after the park opens at 9am and then every 2 hours thereafter? Thanks.

I don’t think you get to reserve g+ every two hours but if you have one for two hour in the future then you can book a sonnet one

Please correct me if I am wrong but I believe we cannot not make the our first regular DAS selection for that day unless we are actually in the park?
That is correct. And more specifically, I believe the DAS-holder must have tapped into the park before anyone in the party may obtain a DAS Return Time for that day.

For the Genie+ since we have a reservation for MK that day I assume we can book our first reservation at 7am even though we will not yet be in the park? And then we can book a new reservation 2 hours after the park opens at 9am and then every 2 hours thereafter?
That is my understanding, though I haven't read confirmation of stacking more than 2 G+ (but I've been busy with work and not able to track all the reports). Keep in mind that Genie+ gives you the next available time, you don't select a time.

Does anyone know if the 2 DAS reservations that you can make ahead of time can overlap? (so say you made a 12:15 for one ride can you make a 12:30 for another ride or do the rides need to be at least 1 hour apart?)

That is correct. And more specifically, I believe the DAS-holder must have tapped into the park before anyone in the party may obtain a DAS Return Time for that day.

That is my understanding, though I haven't read confirmation of stacking more than 2 G+ (but I've been busy with work and not able to track all the reports). Keep in mind that Genie+ gives you the next available time, you don't select a time.
Before Genie, the DAS holder needed to have tapped into the park before any DAS Return Times could be obtained. There is no reason that would have changed.

The Genie+ question is confusing to everyone. From what I understand, guests can make their first Genie+ choice at 7am. If the time you get for that first choice is more than 2 hours in the future, you will need to wait for 2 hours after the official park opening before you can make a second. That means if the park opens official at 9, you can’t make your second reservation until 11. After that, once you use a Genie+ time, you can make another.
As lanejudy said, Genie+ gives you the next available time. You can choose to take it or not, but you don’t choose the exact time.
Does anyone know if the 2 DAS reservations that you can make ahead of time can overlap? (so say you made a 12:15 for one ride can you make a 12:30 for another ride or do the rides need to be at least 1 hour apart?)
For the DAS Advance Selections made in connection with video DAS registration, you are told the start times that are available for the attraction you interested in.
The DAS Advance Selections have a one hour window to use after the start time.
People have reported being given overlapping times for the DAS Advance Selections, but I haven’t heard as little of an overlap as 15 minutes.

DAS Return Times made in the parks have a beginning time, but can be used any time after that. DAS Return Times are separate from DAS Advance Selections and you don’t need to use the Advance Selection before making or using DAS Return Times.
If you have a DAS Advance Selection with a window starting at 12:15, you can make a DAS Return Time for 12:30 if you want.

The Genie+ portion is a bit more complicated. At 7am you can make Genie+ choice, but unless it’s a really busy day, they may not be after 12. If you pick a Genie+ return time and let it expire because you didn’t make it to the park in time you can’t get another one for that ride. So watch the Genie + threads, you may want to wait a bit before getting your first one.

I’ve been so lost ever since this change happened. How do you book the 2 in advance? I’ve never been able to do it.

I’ve been so lost ever since this change happened. How do you book the 2 in advance? I’ve never been able to do it.
You can’t book or change the 2 DAS Advance Selections yourself.
They have to be booked by a CM in connection with doing video registration for DAS.
lanejudy posted a link to the WDW Summary of DAS Changes in this post
You can't do it yourself. You may be able to change it by contacting WDW -- someone posted a link and SueM has included it in the 1st post of the Summary of New DAS Changes thread at the top of the board.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter