Questions about going to Paris & DLP around 10/20 & looking for updated info for US citizens

ryankski

Mouseketeer
My wife and I and our 7 year old son are looking to head to Paris & DLP around 10/20/2021. So we are looking to still make our Paris/DLP trip that was cancelled last year happen in a few weeks. I usually don't wait until this close to a trip to book things, but we are building a house which will be completed in a few days (was waiting for the official finish date). Anyways, My wife and I are both fully vaccinated, but of course our son is not due to his age. My main concern is the French health pass. I know we can email our info with tickets & hotel info and get one from the French government, but what happens if we don't receive them before landing? Anyone with recent info regarding if places around Paris and DLP will accept the CDC card for my wife and I if we don't get the approval email right away or before we go. I've read that some people didn't get them in time, but it's also hard to wade through what is recent and what is from a month ago. With how quickly things change info from a month ago doesn't really seem relevant anymore. Also will my son need a French health pass or is it just those of vaccine age?

Also I had read that there is a place in the Disney Village to get a rapid covid antigen test, but I'm curious where this is located (assuming it is still running as of this time). All 3 of us will need this to re-enter the US.

I'm looking to start booking things in the next 5 or so days, and any recent info is appreciated. The French health pass & covid test to get back into the US are the main concerns I'm trying to get figured out. So thank you for any info and/or tips regarding the current status of these things.

Regarding the testing, this is the website to book your appointment for PCR, for antigen you can just walk in: https://disney.loxamed.fr/
It's in Disney Village, near the entrance of Disneyland Paris. It's quick and easy.
If you stay onsite at any of the Disney hotels (not Disneyland Hotel) you will pass it when you walk from your hotel, through the Village, on your way to the park. It's next to the cinema.

If you do not have your vaccine papers in order on time, it's testing every 48 hours.
Please double check yourself on the pages on the French government, but I think the health pass is required as of 12 years old.

Thanks for the response. If we do go we will stay on property for a few nights at DLP. Before our 2020 trip was cancelled we were booked at Hotel Cheyenne and will probably book the same hotel.

Based on your response I'm assuming DLP isn't currently accepting the CDC card if we wouldn't get the French Health pass in time. We could do the testing every 48 hours if needed and i'm assuming that test then has a QR code. However, if we are in Paris for several days prior to DLP is there any recent report if many places are accepting the CDC card? If not then how hard is it to find rapid test if we would need to do that every 48 hours?

I dont have any personal tips but I know over on Flyertalk there are a lot of threads about Paris and the CDC card.

For the testing to come back to the United States, we didn't want to worry about finding an open facility or scheduling around it, so we just used the eMed BinaxNow tests:

https://www.emed.com/products/covid-at-home-testkit-six-pack
They took up a little luggage room, but the process was pretty easy.

For under 12, nothing is required.
we'll be there the week before (Oct 14-15....fingers crossed, still worried something will happen to cause a rescheduling) and *everything* I've been reading has said the CDC card is being accepted everywhere, basically without exception. If you don't get your QR code in time, which can happen within minutes but it's all hit or miss and the system has no rhyme or reason to it, you can take your CDC card to a pharmacy upon arrival and have them convert it. Kids under 12 don't need anything, but everyone has to test on the way back to the states.

Disney Village has a testing site open where you can book an appointment in advance, as someone linked to above - the https://disney.loxamed.fr/ site.

You can read back through the last few pages of this thread for people's experiences lately in Paris to put your mind at ease about the CDC card being just fine.
https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTop...What_s_the_situation-Paris_Ile_de_France.html

We were just there last week. Our health pass never did go through. When we applied, they estimated 11 days to process. By the time we got home, it had been over a month and never did process. However, as long as you have your vaccine card, you'll be fine. We toured all over Paris along with DLP and didn't have a problem getting in anywhere. You do have to have the covid test to go home, but it was super easy to get.

I was in Paris and DLP in September. I am Canadian, and they accepted my papers, partially I think because they were in French. But some Americans I talked to said some places didn't accept their CDC cards and had to do allergen tests. These are done in tents on the streets and are everywhere. Even at DLP. I needed a PCR test to come home and was able to do it at Disney Village. You need to show a health pass to get through security if you take the train and daily at your hotel. They will give you a wrist band each day, so once you are inside you no longer need to show it if you come and go.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter