Questions about GKTW

2morrow

Mouseketeer
This is my first post, but I have been a lurker for months. First of all I just want to say how wonderful these boards are!!:tongue: We have just found out that my DS who is 9, has just been granted a wish from MAW:bounce: We are going to WDW and staying at the GKTW village ( which I wouldn't have known excisted if it weren't for these boards) We will not be going until February(don't know the exact date yet) because the funds are low. Alot of my questions have been answered because I read these posts everyday. But I still have a few of my own. 1) When you get your rental van do you get a handicapped placecard to go with it or do we have to bring our own from home? I hope that isn't a stupid question. :hyper: 2) in the rooms of GKTW is there a microwave or could we request one? 3)As for the passes you get for WDW,does that also include hopping to the other parks such as the AK EPCOT MGM? 4)And when you get the park tickets are they assigned to certain days or do you go on whatever day you choose? I think that is all the questions I have for now but I have quit a few months to go ,I'm sure I'll think of many more!!
My son is very excited about going espically to SW that was actually his first wish to be a killer whale trainer:earseek: And also WDW; our wish granters said they will try to arrange for some kind of backstage interaction with the killer whales for him. We also have a daughter who is 7 and she is very excited about going . :Pinkbounc Thanks for all the help ahead of time!:wave:

Congratulations on your de-lurking and welcome to disABILITIES!

A handicap placard is always issued to an individual. I think you had better figure on bringing yours from home. This could be a potential problem if you will be parking at your local airport in a handicap space.

Your question number 3 shows confusion or misundertanding. The Walt Disney World Resort (WDW) Includes four major parks, the Magic Kingdom, Epcot Center, Animal Kingdom, and Disney/MGM Studio, as well as water parks, regular and miniature golf courses, Downtown Disney, Wide World of Sports, and lots of hotels. I don't have a direct answer to your question, but I would expect that the passes you get are what are normally called "Park Hopper Plus".

Congratulations!!! I am so glad your son's wish was granted. I am sure the excitement will build more and more as you get close to leaving for your trip. Ask away! The people on this board are extremely nice and very willing to help! No question is a stupid question!

You will have to bring your HC parking card from home.

Your family's villa at GKTW will have any and everything you could need including a microwave.

Your tickets will be 3 day park hopper passes that will give you access on any 3 days of your choice to any of the 4 WDW parks.

Congratulation on your sons wish being granted. :D ...we will be going on our daughters wish trip in September...and also are staying at GKTW. It looks like most if not all of your questions have been answered already. I wanted to add that inaddition to the 3 park hopper passes for WDW you also get a 1 day pass for Universal Studios, and a 1 day pass for Sea World.:teeth: . I also wanted to add...that I don't think the passes for WDW include use of the water parks or other areas of WDW....just the four parks (Animal Kingdom, Epcot, MGM, and MK)....I could be wrong on that though. Our wish grantor said we could ask at GKTW if they had any water park tickets....as they do get them on occasion...but are not part of the standard package. And if I'm understanding correctly....you don't get your park passes until you get to GKTW....from what i understand they give them to you at the orientation your first day..but like I mentioned we haven't gone on our wish trip yet....so my info is just what I have gathered...and not from experience. :wave2:

You'll have a blast planning over the next 6 months.

Thanks so much for the replies and the info. Sorry if some of my questions are confusing, but I haven't been to WDW since I was 12 years old!:crazy: Epoct was new when I was there. I'm so glade to hear that the villas@ GKTW have microwaves- we are going to really need that, because of my DS catheters can be steralized using the Micro. If anyone is interesed my son has spina bifida, hydrochapelus,wheelchair,kafos(leg braces)walker,lots of meds. problems with kidneys bladder and bowels( which I think qualified him for MAW) and numerous other medical issues. I'm always curious about other people's situations and medical issues- I don't feel so alone then.

:
bounce: :Pinkbounc scrapperjill- I can't wait to hear all about your families trip when you come back--have a good one.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter