• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Questions about Fastpass, etc.

pamom65

Earning My Ears
Our family is traveling to FW in April (14th-22nd). I have been reading all the great info on this board, but still have a few questions:

1. What is the check in/out procedure? Our reservations are paid in full and I have read that we don't even have to get out of the car. What do we need to have ready at check in?

2. Can someone explain fastpass and how to best use it?

3. Has anyone used the FW kennel? If we go to a non-Disney park for the day, will we have to come back twice during the day to walk the dog or will they do it for a fee. I would love to hear from someone who has had some experience with this.

4. How long does it take to drive from FW to the following: SeaWorld, Kennedy Space Center, Medievel Times?

5. Will the huge Easter crowds be gone by the time we get there?

Thanks for any help you can give me. I am one of those people who likes to have as many details ahead of time as possible and we want to do as much as we can while we are there.

Our family is traveling to FW in April (14th-22nd). I have been reading all the great info on this board, but still have a few questions:

1. What is the check in/out procedure? Our reservations are paid in full and I have read that we don't even have to get out of the car. What do we need to have ready at check in?

2. Can someone explain fastpass and how to best use it?

3. Has anyone used the FW kennel? If we go to a non-Disney park for the day, will we have to come back twice during the day to walk the dog or will they do it for a fee. I would love to hear from someone who has had some experience with this.

4. How long does it take to drive from FW to the following: SeaWorld, Kennedy Space Center, Medievel Times?

5. Will the huge Easter crowds be gone by the time we get there?

Thanks for any help you can give me. I am one of those people who likes to have as many details ahead of time as possible and we want to do as much as we can while we are there.

1. You will pull in and check in right at the gate just past the guard. If you are not using your key card for charging, the morning you check out you will get an envelope on your trailer or pull vehicle itemizing everything that was charged your account. We never use our room keys to charge, which makes checking out easier....you can usually check in to your loop by 1 and I think the cabins are 3ish....

2. Fast Passes are real easy....use your ticket to get into the parks and head over to any ride that use the fast pass system and pick up your fast passes. You will need everyone's ticket and what we usually do is I run ahead and pick up the fast passes then meet the family at a designated area. You will not be able to get another fast pass until the time is up on your ticket. You will have a return time on your fast pass and you can return anytime after the start time. Don't worry you don't have to return in between the times given. You can always return after the times shown. We like to grab fast passes as the time expires and use them later on that night. Others will argue this and say you HAVE to return between these times, but in all honesty you don't have to. We usually get as many as we can...Space Mountain, Peter Pan, Thunder Mountain, Winne the Pooh and Jungle Cruise and hit them after lunch and a Power Nap a the Ft. Sometimes you can hit the rides w/out using your fast passes and save them for later that night. If you plan on returning to the park...Don't wait too long tho...when Extra Hours Night start, they stop taking fast passes so use them before extra hours....

3. We keep the dogs in the TT so we have never used the Kennel....

4. Seaworld....maybe 15 min. depending on the traffic....Kennedy 45 min., using 417 to 528.....Medival times....15-20 min..again depending on traffic..always allow 15 min....just because traffic is iffy......

5. Always crowded...Easter is busy....Learn to use the fast pass system and lines will not be THAT much of an issue....

Just to warn you, Disney is a really big place, much bigger than you can imagine before you go (the size of greater Manchester, for any Brits on the board), and I'm not sure how much time you'll have for stuff off site. You'll have a great time, just don't be disappointed if you don't manage to do everything in Disney, sea World and Kennedy Space Centre (you'd be lucky to manage everything in Disney in a fortnight, to be honest).

Have a whale of a time :thumbsup2 !

You will have to walk your own pet at LEAST twice a day, depending on how long you plan on being out. They do keep track on a list how often you do this, and I did see them tell one guest that they would no longer be able to board their dog because they didn't come back to walk him. I don't find it to be too much of an inconvenience - it gives me a break during the day and he likes to visit the horses.

"3. Has anyone used the FW kennel? If we go to a non-Disney park for the day, will we have to come back twice during the day to walk the dog or will they do it for a fee. I would love to hear from someone who has had some experience with this."

It has been a couple of years since we used the kennel. But as I recall, you have to come back once during the day to walk the dog. They have an inside area and outside runs. We always like the outside better. You will need all your shot records for your pup. May want to call them directly to make sure he has had everything up to date before you come.The number to the front desk at FW is 407-824-2900. I am sure they can connect you to the kennel.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter