• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Questions About Disney World bars

Disneylandnewbie

Mouseketeer
When I look at the bar menus, it lists specific specialty drinks at them. My question is, are you able to order other mixed alcoholic beverages not listed on the alcohol menu? Also, is there any bar that I can get a Mint Julep in? Thanks

The short answer is that it depends. Most of the bars at the resorts are full-service and you can order just about any mixed drink at them. Some of the bar carts have a limited selection and many of the in-park locations have a limited selection so the ability to order an off-menu drink may be limited.

The thing with mint juleps is you need a bar with fresh mint. I have never tried ordering a julep there, but Nomad Lounge in AK has mint in a couple of it cocktails, so that might be worth a try.

I think that's for bars that only serve drinks. If they serve food as well then they are allowed to open.
As long as about 50% of sales is food places are allowed to open for on-premise drinking and eating. Bars that don't meet threshold are allowed to be open for to-go service only.

As long as about 50% of sales is food places are allowed to open for on-premise drinking and eating. Bars that don't meet threshold are allowed to be open for to-go service only.

That was changed- now the bar just has to have a food license, no particular sales percentage required for food. That's why places like Oga's are operating.

Are you allowed to just order drinks or is it required you order food? And is sitting AT the bar allowed?

Are you allowed to just order drinks or is it required you order food? And is sitting AT the bar allowed?

Just drinks is fine. I know Oga’s no longer “seats” at the bar for the cm safety I assume. Bar inside 50’s Prime Time is closed. No idea about other places.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter