Questions about DDE

mommary

DIS Veteran
Is the DDE available to DVC members?
If so, is it worth it?
I get the impression that its only for AP holders.
Do we get a discount on AP and what is that?
Just got my membership and I am learning the ropes.
Thanks. :confused3

My understanding is that it is for FL residents and annual pass holders. We have annual passes and got one with an AP discount for our trip in Feb. Yes! It was definitely worth it...20% discount at almost every table service at WDW. It really did save us a lot of money at our favorite places. :flower:

It was also a no brainer for us. Unlike most other discounts, this one includes the booze.... Not only the drinks with dinner, but most resort lounges are also included.
We eat full service meals every night, as well as have a night cap in the lounge.
My only regret is that we ate at V&A on Mother's Day, which was a black out date. That would have saved almost $150 alone. :drinking:

MG

Our only regret is that Mitsokoshi Teppanyaki is not on the list!

Thanks for the information.
What does an annual pass go for?
I have a reservation for Oct and hope to go back in May2006, when would be a good time to buy an annual pass?
If I bought it now but didn't use it until Oct would the year be to the following Oct?
:earsgirl:

The annual pass will not "start" until you've activated it. So, you can purchase now and, use it in October and it'll be valid till the following October.
With the DDE card, that (in theory) becomes active when you order it. However, they do give you a little extra time in the length of the card.
If you plan on going again in October '06, then I would try to order the card at the beginning of October. In theory, the card is supposed to expire at the end of the anniversary month that it was purchased. So, if you purchase on October 1, 2005, it'll be valid through October 31, 2006.

Just wanted to add that yes it is sooo worth it. We bought a DDE card before our quickie three night trip in March and it already paid for itself. (Yes I was the one, not my child, who was walking around with a light up ice cube from my 20% off yummy drink!! :earboy2: ) We are looking forward to using it for our 2 plus week trip this August. The only problem will be the lbs. I will put on!!!!! As you can see I give 2 thumbs up to the DDE card!

ENJOY!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter