Questions about DCL Transfers from Port Canaveral back to MCO

mousemamma

Mouseketeer
Hi!

We are considering adding DCL transfers from the port back to MCO.

Does anyone know how fast and efficient the process is? We have an earlier flight (11:45am). They said anything after 11:30 ok. I was just wondering how the process works.

We are flying JetBlue so I read that your bags can be checked through to your final destination.

Was just wondering if anyone had any experience doing the transfers back to the airport with a flight leaving that early......and do the bags actually make it? :) What time does the first bus leave?

Sorry for the multiple questions! Thank you!!! :)

Hi!

We are considering adding DCL transfers from the port back to MCO.

Does anyone know how fast and efficient the process is? We have an earlier flight (11:45am). They said anything after 11:30 ok. I was just wondering how the process works.

We are flying JetBlue so I read that your bags can be checked through to your final destination.

Was just wondering if anyone had any experience doing the transfers back to the airport with a flight leaving that early......and do the bags actually make it? :) What time does the first bus leave?

Sorry for the multiple questions! Thank you!!! :)
If you are flying on a participating airline, on a domestic flight after 11:30 am, you can do onboard check in. You leave your (checked) bags outside your door onboard the last night and the next time you see them will be at your home airport. Once you debark the ship, and make your way through customs/immigration you go to where the busses are loading and check in with the CM directing people to their busses. Once the bus you are on is full, it will depart. Easy-peasy.

This is from our cruise last Sept re: Onboard Airline Checkin:
ONBOARD AIRLINE CHECKIN

From Port Canaveral: (from cruise documents 8/9/2014)

The requirements are below
  • You must have purchased DCL Air and/or DCL Ground Transfers
  • Your flight has to leave from Orlando International Airport after 11:30 am on the same day your cruise vacation ends.
  • Your flight must be on a participating airline:
AirTran Airways
Alaska Airlines
American Airlines
Delta Air Lines
JetBlue Airways
United Airlines
US Airways

· Your final destination must be within the U.S. (including Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands)
· Each luggage piece can weigh no more than fifty (50) pounds.
· Airline specific baggage fees may apply and can vary by airline. Please check with your specific carrier for more details.
· Applicable airline baggage fees will be posted directly to your shipboard account.
· Some Guests may be selected to check in at the airport and may not be able to use this service.

Last edited:
what if you're travelling on an international flight (Canada) is there a time window for those as well?

I will meet all the requirements for luggage onboard check in but I already received my cruise documents. I forgot to add on transportations until 3 weeks before my cruise (right after cruise docs) were sent out. Does this matter? Will I still be able to do it?

I will meet all the requirements for luggage onboard check in but I already received my cruise documents. I forgot to add on transportations until 3 weeks before my cruise (right after cruise docs) were sent out. Does this matter? Will I still be able to do it?
No problem. Just tell them when you check in at the port that you want to register for the Onboard Airline Checkin.

Thank you for the info!

Another question....does anyone have an experience using DCL transportation from the port to MCO with flight times around our time (11:45 am)?
I'm just curious how early they will have us on the bus heading to MCO. Early is fine...I was just curious how early they leave for an 11:45am flight.

Per DCL - the airlines have changed a bit and the sticky at the top of this forum was updated:

Onboard Airline Check-In
- DCL Check-In Information, Form from DCL if you need to pay the airline for overweight or extra bags, DCL complete air transportation information

When you register for Onboard Airline Check-In, you are entitled to:
Receive your boarding passes and check your luggage for your return flight before you disembark the ship
Skip luggage claim at the port terminal
Bypass the airline check-in counter at the airport
Here's how it works: Reserve air or ground transportation through Disney Cruise Line® and sign up for Onboard Airline Check-In when you check in for your cruise at the port or a Walt Disney World® Resort Hospitality Desk. On the day prior to disembarkation, your airline boarding passes and valet luggage tags will magically be delivered to your stateroom, along with a letter answering common questions you may have. Attach the tags to your luggage and leave your bags outside your stateroom the evening prior to disembarkation. Disney Cruise Line® will collect and deliver your luggage to your airline. When you arrive at Orlando International Airport, proceed to security with your boarding passes already in hand and continue on to your scheduled departure gate. It's that simple!

Available to Guests flying out of Orlando International Airport on domestic flights (including Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands) on AirTran Airways, Alaska Airlines, American Airlines, Continental Airlines, Delta Air Lines, JetBlue Airways, Northwest Airlines, United/Ted Airlines and US Airways it's the perfect ending to a magical cruise vacation! Pre-registration is required and scheduled flights must be after 11:25 a.m. on the day your cruise ends. Guests are limited to two bags per person and each piece must not exceed 50 lbs. Additionally, some Guests may be selected to check in at the airport and unable to use this service.

For Onboard Airline Check In section

per DCL today 01/03/2015

Participating airlines now are

Alaska Airlines
American Airlines
Delta
JetBlue
United - no Ted
U S Airways

We were on the Fantasy late February. Although we were flying out later than you, we were at MCO well before 10:30, and it was a Saturday morning, and no lines to speak of through security! We were flying SW so had to deal with luggage at MCO.

Thank you for the info!

Another question....does anyone have an experience using DCL transportation from the port to MCO with flight times around our time (11:45 am)?
I'm just curious how early they will have us on the bus heading to MCO. Early is fine...I was just curious how early they leave for an 11:45am flight.
You may leave the ship at anytime once the ship has been cleared. It's up to you to make sure you're on a bus that will get you to the airport in time. They fill the airport busses and they depart when full. You are not assigned a specific departure time or bus.

We have used the transfer from port to MCO on previous cruises. We fly JetBlue all the time and usually are on a flight around 11:30-noon. We usually skip the breakfast in the Main dining room the last day and have breakfast at Cabanas. We then just walk off the ship once they make the general announcement. The first bus is usually full and leaving around 8:30 so we get to the airport around 9:30. If you have Even More legroom/ Speed tickets from JetBlue security line isn't that bad at MCO. Bags always have gotten on the plane. The service really makes life easy getting your boarding passes and luggage tags on the ship. Just leave your bags out the night before. Unfortunately our May cruise JetBlue pushed our return flight up to 11:25am and DCL will not check us in or our bags on board. We could still take the DCL transfer but we have opted to take a private towncar from port and bring our bags with us. Once at the airport we will use the JetBlue Curbside porters and check bags there so we don't have to wait in the baggage drop off line. We will check in via the JB app on phones and we travel Even More Leg Room/Speed so the security line usually only takes 15 minutes or so at MCO.

We have used OAC a few times and if you are signed up for the program you will get a letter in your room stating that if your flight is before 1:00 pm you MUST be off the ship and on a bus by 8:00 am. If your flight is after 1:00 you must be on a bus by 9:00 am. We have had no problems using OAC and it is so very convenient. Your airline luggage tags will be delivered to your room as well as your boarding passes. You will just leave the ship with your carry ons. Your checked luggage will be put out in the hall of your stateroom by 11:00 pm (by you so make sure you have everything you need) and you won't see it again until your home airport. You will leave the ship, go through customs and be directed to the bus (based on your airline). First bus leaves right around 8:00 ish. You just board the bus with your carryons.

If you have any kind of FF program or credit card that gives you free bags make sure DCL knows about it. We always stop by guest services to show them our credit card that gives us free bags and they make a note of it. DCL is pretty good about the free bags but sometimes they miss someone who is supposed to get free bags that is why we always double check. Easier to let them know beforehand than to try and recoup baggage fees later.

We don't go to our assigned last morning breakfast. We just head up to Cabanas and eat, then get back to our cabin, collect our carryons and head off the ship.

MJ

OK, this all sounds great. Sounds like we should be off the ship by around 8am and can grab any bus that is heading to MCO. Breakfast at Cabanas sounds great. And our bags will hopefully arrive at our final destination. :) That sounds pretty easy. I hadn't thought about the transfers at first but JetBlue just changed our return flight from 11:25 am to 11:47. So I'm pretty excited to be able to check the bags through.

Thank you all for your help and info!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter