Questions about ABD California Backstage Magic

Fab, I'll get back in touch once our flights are sorted then :goodvibes

Any recommendations for a general LA day tour to see the sights ABD doesn't cover?

Any recommendations for a general LA day tour to see the sights ABD doesn't cover?
ABD does a pretty good job. I'd suggest a couple of things that folks have done before; the LA Farmers Market and the La Brea Tar Pits. Neither one are part of the usual Back Stage Magic tour.

Crossing my fingers Paint the Night is included this year! Anyone done ABD since this parade has been offered?
Yes, we just got back from this trip on Saturday evening. The parade is every bit as cool as you're expecting it to be.

Transfers are scheduled when you book your air and we provide ABD with the details.

If you book pre-nights through ABD, transfers are included.

If you book pre-nights on your own, transfers are included to the ABD hotel only...if that helps. ABD will not take you to another hotel/location.

If you book post nights through ABD, transfers are included.

if you book post nights on your own...you are on your own. :-)

Special requests would be made through the person that booked your reservation.

Per Disney policy, requests are not guaranteed, but ABD does everything they can to make sure requests are granted.
I booked a post-night on my own (but still at a Disneyland Resort hotel, and I was afforded the transfer. I had actually booked my own anticipating that it would not be included, but I cancelled it when the guides said I was still entitled to the transfer. I don't know if the fact that I was staying at a Disneyland resort (Disneyland Hotel) made a difference or not.

I booked a post-night on my own (but still at a Disneyland Resort hotel, and I was afforded the transfer. I had actually booked my own anticipating that it would not be included, but I cancelled it when the guides said I was still entitled to the transfer. I don't know if the fact that I was staying at a Disneyland resort (Disneyland Hotel) made a difference or not.

That's encouraging to hear, hopefully it will be the same for us when we go in October. We booked outrpost nights on our own at Paradise Pier. I think I will hold off booking the return until we get there just in case.

ABD does a pretty good job. I'd suggest a couple of things that folks have done before; the LA Farmers Market and the La Brea Tar Pits. Neither one are part of the usual Back Stage Magic tour.
Any day tours that cover something like these and Santa Monica?

Do you get a room with a theme park view as part of the ABD tour?

We've done the trip twice, first time we didn't have a park view, but the monorail drove past our room, second trip we had a pool view and could see parts of DCA.

We've done the trip twice, first time we didn't have a park view, but the monorail drove past our room, second trip we had a pool view and could see parts of DCA.

Like Sara, we've also done this twice, with #3 coming up in just a few days. Our experience was similar to hers as far as room view goes.

Is it worth putting a request in?
Not sure how you would do this since the rooms are in a block held by ABD. You won't have a reservation number to refer to when making a request.

Not sure how you would do this since the rooms are in a block held by ABD. You won't have a reservation number to refer to when making a request.
Ah okay, will leave it to the fates then!

Its like a well organized Military operation when we all arrive. Your normally all in the same area so they can get the luggage to you quick.

Is it worth putting a request in?

I'd say no. I went on the same (last) trip as OKW, so I had a similar view that overlooked the pool and theme park. I've stayed at Grand a few times with a theme park view and I liked my room with ABD as much as any other room I've had there. But honestly, it's probably not that critical as you won't be in your room much. You're up super early and back late. The only times I remember just relaxing in the room was right when we arrived - we had an hour or so to decompress and on the Magic Kingdom day. They gave us a couple hours for lunch and a voucher, so I went back to White Water Snacks, grabbed a quick bite to bring up to my room, and took a nap. It probably sounds a bit boring, but it was much needed and well earned. :D

Best view we had was on our post-days at the Grand Californian with @OKW Lover We had a two bedroom suite and with two balconies and a private party balcony next door. We had great views of WoC and big kitchen and living room. I wish that trip never ended!!

On the first night you go into the park after dinner, is that right?

But you don't get a ticket valid for that day?

(I was thinking if you arrived early maybe you could get some park time in before dinner, but from what I've read I don't think it would work like that...)

On the first night you go into the park after dinner, is that right?

But you don't get a ticket valid for that day?

(I was thinking if you arrived early maybe you could get some park time in before dinner, but from what I've read I don't think it would work like that...)

The first night you arrive at Disneyland? Dinner in December was inside DL. We arrived in the late afternoon, checked into the Grand, and had maybe 1-2 hrs before meeting up in the lobby to stroll over to DL to go to the restaurant. After dinner we had some time to venture off on our own before getting back together for Fantasmic. This was our experience last December.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter