Question that has been bothering me

This has to be a joke, it just has to be. I refuse to believe that anyone would actually think this way. To suggest that it is ok for children to rebuke an adult, well that's just hilarious.

If in fact, I am wrong, and this person is serious. You know how it goes, "Let he(or she) who is without sin cast the first stone."

Thanks for your concern about where I was. We played outside for most of the day in the pool. The kids are aware that sitting on the computer or playing video games all day is wasteful, so we do athletic things. I did post a few times under my regular s/n while I was making lunch and resting. I still enjoy some threads on these boards, but I probably would not associate with some of the people away from the computer. You can call me a troll or a coward or whatever for it, but the simple fact is that real life and the computer are not one in the same for everyone.

For those concerned about my children becoming overweight or beat up in school, I appreciate your concern but they are both very athletic and their friends are as well. They are part of what might have been called the "A" group when I was growing up. Darn! I forgot to add that to the list of goals for my children! As far as becoming overweight, they have been taught healthy habits, so it won't happen. Whatever helps you to sleep at night... do you think that all overweight people did not grow up healthy? Weren't taught healthy habits as children and that everyone is overweight due to what they put in their mouths? You really need to educate yourself. They are not forbidden from eating junk food, they choose not to because it makes them tired. A healthy body is a happy body.

Once again, I appreciate all of your comments (and personal attacks). Apparently it's ok to personally attack my children or me, (um, remember that old saying? Do unto others as they have done unto you... yeah... you sling nasty words first and claim to teach your children to be disrespectful to adults but don't want anything in return? You truely are one of the special ones!!) but it is not ok to teach that disgusting habits create disgusting people. I would not allow my child to associate with someone doing drugs (although I am sure they will know someone who does as they age, they are taught drugs are as foolish as smoking and a bad diet) which is the same as eating unhealthy and smoking in this community.

People can blame me all they want for society being the way it is, No one is blaming you for the way society is... you are but one byproduct of the selfish, me... me... me... generation and you're raising a couple more. Congrats!!! but, as long as the status quo yes, it's all about status, isn't it? :sad2: is to be healthy and unhealthy people are looked down upon, changing my mind about something will not do much good. There are many many more that share my opinion, the ones that pretend they don't are the real cowards.

So as to why I am "hiding" behind this name, your answer is simply that my "computer" life does not necessarily reflect real life.

There's my daily post to your little thread... I'm off to work(can't lay by the pool all day as people's vacations depend on me! Which really sucks... I should be spending time on the treadmill instead!)...:rolleyes1

They are not forbidden from eating junk food, they choose not to because it makes them tired.
The OP is making this all up. Sugar gives a short-term energy burst, then causes a crash later, but kids don't make connections like that. If they were to notice any correlation, they are more likely to notice that immediate high, and claim that junk food makes them happy, not tired.

If there is any truth to this at all, it's because mom has drilled it into their heads and made them scared witless to eat any sort of junk, lest they turn into a fat, disgusting, slob, worthy of people's scorn.

No thanks. :sad2: I'd much rather my kids be happy, healthy and slightly pudgy, than holier-than-thou and eating-disordered.

Thanks for your concern about where I was. We played outside for most of the day in the pool. The kids are aware that sitting on the computer or playing video games all day is wasteful, so we do athletic things. I did post a few times under my regular s/n while I was making lunch and resting. I still enjoy some threads on these boards, but I probably would not associate with some of the people away from the computer. You can call me a troll or a coward or whatever for it, but the simple fact is that real life and the computer are not one in the same for everyone.

For those concerned about my children becoming overweight or beat up in school, I appreciate your concern but they are both very athletic and their friends are as well. They are part of what might have been called the "A" group when I was growing up. As far as becoming overweight, they have been taught healthy habits, so it won't happen. They are not forbidden from eating junk food, they choose not to because it makes them tired. A healthy body is a happy body.

Once again, I appreciate all of your comments (and personal attacks). Apparently it's ok to personally attack my children or me, but it is not ok to teach that disgusting habits create disgusting people. I would not allow my child to associate with someone doing drugs (although I am sure they will know someone who does as they age, they are taught drugs are as foolish as smoking and a bad diet) which is the same as eating unhealthy and smoking in this community.

People can blame me all they want for society being the way it is, but, as long as the status quo is to be healthy and unhealthy people are looked down upon, changing my mind about something will not do much good. There are many many more that share my opinion, the ones that pretend they don't are the real cowards.

So as to why I am "hiding" behind this name, your answer is simply that my "computer" life does not necessarily reflect real life.

First, no one is attacking your children. I think what people here are doing is showing concern for them being raised by someone who clearly thinks they are better than others. Whatever the case may be, you are indeed being confronted, not attacked. And why shouldn't anyone who has any modicum of respect for others? You're nasty to others, people will be nasty to you. It's a simple fact of life. You reap what you sow.

As for the A crowd comment, are you kidding? Were you not part of that crowd yourself and now you are living vicariously through your children so that you can be the Mom of a popular kid? Or you were a part of that crowd back in your glorious youth and you can't seem to let something so meaningless and immature go? It's clear that something so frivolous is still impacting you in your adult life and is important to you. Either case is a sad testament to one's character.

Finally, explain all you want as to why you created an alternate ID. You did so simply because you know what the reaction would be from others. I hope that's a sign that a small part of you recognizes that you are in the wrong.

As for the A crowd comment, are you kidding? Were you not part of that crowd yourself and now you are living vicariously through your children so that you can be the Mom of a popular kid? Or you were a part of that crowd back in your glorious youth and you can't seem to let something so meaningless and immature go? It's clear that something so frivolous is still impacting you in your adult life and is important to you. Either case is a sad testament to one's character.
Thanks for putting into words what I was thinking, Rick! :thumbsup2

She doesn't care. She probably thinks blind people are disgusting, too. After all, they all probably got that way from the disgusting habit of staring at the sun or eating too much junk food instead of carrots. :sad2:

But, really, I still think she's yanking our chains, just trying to make a point. No one could possibly be as vile as she's making herself out.

I dunno...I think going to the effort to yank people's chains like this is pretty darned vile.

And every time you see an overwweight person you're making judgements without knowing them. Take me for example, by the weight charts I'm 20 lbs. over weight. I consider myself 10 lbs. overweight. How could I "let" myself get "so disgusting"?? Well thanks to middle age and a hysterectomy 3 months ago I have put on wieght and my diet has been very good-but age has a way of slowing metabolism regardless of how active you are. And you would probably look at me and say how disgusting. BUT I have a challenge for you.... Come on down to my gym and workout with me for a week. Take my indoor cycling class and do my fitness regimen. I doubt you'd last 2 days. This week I'm teaching 2 cycling classes, taking 2 more, taking 2 pilates/yoga classes, strength training 3 times a week, and riding 30-40 miles on Sat. and Sun-and if I don't do the 80 miles in 2 days I'll do a 70 mile ride on one of the days as I'm prepping for a century (100 miles in one day). Oh yeah next week is easy-I'm going to a fitness conference where I'll be taking 5 classes a day with only one of them being a lecture.
You really shouldn't paint everyone with such abroad paint brush-regardless of their imperfections. Please don't ever get into my field-we're trying to weed out the judgemental instructors so us really truly caring ones can help the American Obesity epidemic.

And every time you see an overwweight person you're making judgements without knowing them. Take me for example, by the weight charts I'm 20 lbs. over weight. I consider myself 10 lbs. overweight. How could I "let" myself get "so disgusting"?? Well thanks to middle age and a hysterectomy 3 months ago I have put on wieght and my diet has been very good-but age has a way of slowing metabolism regardless of how active you are. And you would probably look at me and say how disgusting. BUT I have a challenge for you.... Come on down to my gym and workout with me for a week. Take my indoor cycling class and do my fitness regimen. I doubt you'd last 2 days. This week I'm teaching 2 cycling classes, taking 2 more, taking 2 pilates/yoga classes, strength training 3 times a week, and riding 30-40 miles on Sat. and Sun-and if I don't do the 80 miles in 2 days I'll do a 70 mile ride on one of the days as I'm prepping for a century (100 miles in one day). Oh yeah next week is easy-I'm going to a fitness conference where I'll be taking 5 classes a day with only one of them being a lecture.
You really shouldn't paint everyone with such abroad paint brush-regardless of their imperfections. Please don't ever get into my field-we're trying to weed out the judgemental instructors so us really truly caring ones can help the American Obesity epidemic.

OMG. My muscles ache and I need a nap just from reading that. I'm exhausted now. Kudos to you.

IncogNeat-o do you and your children actually go up to people and tell them how you feel about them?

I really do think it's so sad that you feel so disgusted about people. Do you never feel you may be hurting someone?

I will always remember being in a shop when my DS was about 5, he has autism and ADHD. He was "talking" a lot to himself, he wasn't doing anything wrong, but I suppose his "words" didn't make sense. A woman who was stood close to us said to her little girl "At least you know how to behave properly, you would never act like that boy".

I just felt like crying, I took my little boy by the hand and we left the store. My son is now 11, he still "talks" a lot to himself - mainly repeating sentences from The Simpsons, he still isn't able to communicate properly. I worry about people making comments about my son.

Please understand that autism is not caused by diet or anything else like that.

We should bring our children up by setting a good example ourselves. That does not mean we have to point out other people or make comments about other people to make our children understand.

My mum always said "If you have nothing nice to say, don't say anything at all".

We should bring our children up by setting a good example ourselves.

Yep. No matter what you TELL a child, what you DO is more likely to have a greater influence. Judging the character of someone based on one trait is not an example I would want to give to my child.

I just wanted to add my 2 cents on here.

I really did not read through all of the posts because several were a bit harsh, but to a degree I can understand.

The problem with the world today is that parents are not teaching their children to respect others because they are different.

Not everyone is going to be skinny nor fat, short nor tall, black or white, gay or straight etc.

Everyone is different and that is what makes the world go round.

You should not tell your children that people that are overweight (sometimes it is genetics by the way...) that it is disgusting, that is just terrible.

Is it unhealthy yes, but what is overweight to you might not be to someone else.

I feel really bad for this generation growing up right now, the main focus point is on Paris Hilton and the like.

Not the war or things that really matter.

Teaching Tolerance is the way to go.

I'm so hoping you're not as vile as you make yourself out to be. :scared1:

Since you were overweight once, I would expect you to understand what it's like to those who are still that way. Instead of spewing hatred comments, why not do something positive with what you have overcome by helping others. :flower3:

I think you're setting your kids up to be poison in society, instead of making it better. :snooty:

Your posts just reinforces the fact that I should be even nicer to ALL people, because there's enough hate in the world and I need to balance it all out.:hippie: :love:

I have read some of this thread not all of it. I am amazed at how often the word disgusting is used. I think disgusting refers to an inner personality. I don't believe a person is disgusting because they are fat or that they smoke. I do not smoke but I know people who are loving caring individuals who do they are far from disgusting. When you set out to hurt someone else that is a disgusting act. Teaching your children to do so is even more disgusting. I prefer not to judge others. I have plenty of my own faults to work on. :rolleyes1

I'm overweight too, and I have hiked five miles in the middle of the summer when it was 90+ degrees out. I have also climbed a mountain with DS in a backpack. I am never going to be in the bottom of the average weight for my height. I'm just not built that way. I had an eating disorder, and at one time did weigh what the charts say I should. My family was ready to put me in the hospital. You cannot judge a person's lifestyle by looking at them.

I'm overweight too, and I have hiked five miles in the middle of the summer when it was 90+ degrees out. I have also climbed a mountain with DS in a backpack. I am never going to be in the bottom of the average weight for my height. I'm just not built that way. I had an eating disorder, and at one time did weigh what the charts say I should. My family was ready to put me in the hospital. You cannot judge a person's lifestyle by looking at them.

:thumbsup2

I agree! And if you looked at me you'd see a slender, middle aged woman who looks in great shape! Yet, I can barely walk down the street if it's over 85 degrees. Can no longer walk the 5 miles I used to, and just never feel great. I'd trade you in a heartbeat.

oh good lord. Please refer to the "why do people that are called out scream troll" thread.

If one of my child's teachers was overweight, I would request a transfer. I don't agree with a person in authority being able to display bad habits in front of a child. It would be no different than if they were forcing evolutionary beliefs on my child.

ETA: thank goodness all of their teachers stress the importance of a healthy diet.

You have got to be kidding me :sad2:. I believe you have some serious issues :mad:

Some of us may be "disgusting" to you on the outside, but sadly YOU are the disgusting one ON THE INSIDE...and outward appearances and habits can be changed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter