• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Question regarding recent DVC points rental

Prettypinkpoppies

Earning My Ears
Good evening! We booked AKL a few months ago by renting DVC points. Our stay begins June 16th. When we stayed at the AKL a few years ago, Disney sent us a card (maybe a magnet?) to hang on our fridge to keep up with important dates such as when to book restaurants and then when to book fastpasses. I think we also got a small brochure/book that was personalized with our family name. So far, we haven't received anything from Disney although our 6 month mark is coming up in just a few weeks. Does Disney send this info out anymore?

Good evening! We booked AKL a few months ago by renting DVC points. Our stay begins June 16th. When we stayed at the AKL a few years ago, Disney sent us a card (maybe a magnet?) to hang on our fridge to keep up with important dates such as when to book restaurants and then when to book fastpasses. I think we also got a small brochure/book that was personalized with our family name. So far, we haven't received anything from Disney although our 6 month mark is coming up in just a few weeks. Does Disney send this info out anymore?

Not if you didn't book directly with them. Even if you did, they are slowly cutting back

Everytime I read one of these "Disney used to..." type posts, I think there should be a thread somewhere on this site where folks can post all the things that Disney used to do. I have a feeling it would be a MASSIVE list.

I haven't gotten a magnet with the dates for years. But we have gotten the little booklet mailed to us. If the member put your address and name on the reservation, you may get that soon.

Those are hit and miss even when booking with your own points. And I haven’t gotten a magnet in a few years (and they were only doing the magnets for a few years before that).

I booked through DVC-Rental for Boardwalk June 14, 2020 :woohoo: and we just received in the mail a personalized brochure with important dates and reminders. :cool1: It was really fun to pull out with 2 daughters on Thanksgiving and share it, they didn’t know where we were staying, they thought it was POR. :love1:

I last got the magnet in 2014. After that I did get the booklet, and they printed all the same information on the back page of the booklet. Obviously I liked the magnet better. :)

But this was also from a regular reservation. Can't speak to renting points.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter