• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Question regarding obtaining day of DAS return time

momto3jboys

Earning My Ears
Are you able to obtain a DAS return time for rides that have virtual queues? Thank you in advance for answers!

You would need to get a boarding pass first, then when your boarding group is called you show the CM out front your DAS and they will direct you where to go.

You don’t use/get a DAS Return Time for attractions with Virtual Queue.
At WDW, there is only one ride right now with Virtual Queue - Guardians of the Galaxy.
The first thing you need to do is obtain a Virtual Queue/Boarding Group the same way other guests do.
Link to WDW website page about Virtual Queue.
Once your Boarding Group is called, go to the attraction and let a CM there know you are using DAS. They will scan your ticket/Magicband to verify DAS and the Boarding Group, then direct you where to go

You would need to get a boarding pass first, then when your boarding group is called you show the CM out front your DAS and they will direct you where to go.
FWIW, "where to go" is the lightning lane :) The CM will scan your MB or phone twice to essentially convert the BG into a LL with the same time window, then send you in via the LL. The plus side is that you go almost immediately into the big pre-preshow holding room and are towards the right-hand side (closer to where the doors eventually take you to the ride itself); the downside is that you don't get to see the fun, themed portions of the queue.

Last year when RoR was a virtual queue we had to get a boarding group first. Once the boarding group was called we were able to use DAS to enter through the lightning lane. I assume it's similar for GoG.

When we preregistered for the DAS and made our advanced attraction reservations, the CM on the video call told me we could also get a return time from the GoG CM at the exit of the ride. Can anyone confirm or deny this info?

When we preregistered for the DAS and made our advanced attraction reservations, the CM on the video call told me we could also get a return time from the GoG CM at the exit of the ride. Can anyone confirm or deny this info?
This is not true. If's very explicitly laid out that you MUST either obtain a free boarding group OR purchase ILL to ride even if you have a DAS.

The CM gave you incorrect information. As DisSurfer878 noted, you either need to get a free Virtual Queue/Boarding Group or purchase Individual Lightning Lane.
This link to the WDW website DAS FAQs has the correct information.

QUOTE:
A Guest can hold one active DAS return time and join one virtual queue at the same time. Once their boarding group is called, the Guest utilizing DAS, along with their party, will be able to access that attraction through a shorter line as they did previously with virtual queue attractions.
END QUOTE

There were a few specific time frames where guests were able to get a DAS Return Time at an attraction (Remy and Rise of the Resistance). It was JUST AFTER Virtual Queue was discontinued for the attraction and they had started using a Standby Line. The attraction was not available in the app to make a DAS Return Time right away after Virtual Queue was stopped for the attraction; the only way to get one was from a CM at the attraction at the entrance (not the exit).
I believe the reason was that it had not been programmed into the DAS Eligible attractions for day of visit DAS yet. Once it was in, guests could book it in the app, from a CM at Guest Experience umbrellas or at the attraction, same as others

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter