Question regarding free dining and Disney Visa card holders

I'd rather be diving

Mouseketeer
Hello. Let me just start by saying...I know free dining is not a guarantee every year. So, this is in reference to past years. Are Disney Visa card holders notified before the general public if a free dining promotion is coming?

Actually I belive the promo in 2015 did not come out for Visa holders first
I know A promo didn't. I belive it was free dining

In the past it has come out in may and disney visa holders did get first pick. I think in 2015, it was almost a full week in advance they could book with free dining.

This blog post they speculate on what they think will happen this year and give some information on past years that you might find helpful. http://www.disneytouristblog.com/disney-world-free-dining-dates/

Actually I belive the promo in 2015 did not come out for Visa holders first
I know A promo didn't. I belive it was free dining

- They used to early for Disney Visa holders and you were to use your card to book your deposit, about 3-5 days.
- Last year, 2015, Disney Visa holders did not get any pre-booking opportunity for Free Dining. :sad2:
- Mousesavers will show you all past discounts and release dates that are helpful:
http://www.mousesavers.com/historical-information-on-walt-disney-world-resort-discounts/#codetrends

Last year Visa card holders did not get prior notice as they have done in the past. It just came out to the public and it was a hot mess. Could not get through by calling and online just broke down due to volume. By the time I did get through after trying for two days they had nothing available. That was a very common experance posted on the boards here. Seems they really limited the availability, like one of those Black Friday deals you see for a great deal, then ready the small print and see they only have two in stock per store. So only time will tell what happens this year but over the past few years Disney would appear to really be cutting back on this.

I would really do the math on a room discount. I have found that many of the room only deals are just as good or in some situations better then free dinning. In the past you paid a rack rate and needed a muitiple day park ticket with either a hopper option or water parks added to get the dinning. Just don't fall for that 'free' thinking that is your best deal. Do a little math and work out the numbers. You maybe surprised how much that free dinning in costing you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter