Question regarding booking

Bowman432

Earning My Ears
My family wants to go to Disney in December of 2016.when do we need to make resort reservations and can we just pay the $200 down payment? We need two rooms so how do we go about getting 2 rooms close together.? Would love connecting rooms but what is the chance of that? Thanks

You can book as soon as Disney releases the dates for booking (sorry can't remember that time frame), and would just need to pay your deposit and the rest 45 days prior to the trip. In terms of the room request for rooms beside each other, you will have to just specially request that and hope for the best. I used Dreams Unlimited Travel agency to book, it made things like that much easier for me, and costs nothing! I highly recommend them! :thumbsup2

My family wants to go to Disney in December of 2016.when do we need to make resort reservations and can we just pay the $200 down payment? We need two rooms so how do we go about getting 2 rooms close together.? Would love connecting rooms but what is the chance of that? Thanks

Room only can be booked 499 days out, which will be quoted at the highest rate of the current year for that resort/room type and then automatically adjusted once the new rates come out. If you want a package, you will have to wait until the 2016 rates are released, which should be sometime next summer.

A room only reservation requires a deposit equal to 1 night's room rate + tax (per room), with the balance due at check in. A package requires a deposit of $200 (per room), with the balance due 45 days prior to arrival. It's probably best to call (IMO) when booking more than one room. At the time of booking, you can put a request for connecting rooms on the reservation. Connecting rooms is just a request and is not guaranteed, but if you have it noted on the reservation, it lets the room assigner know ahead of time what you want instead of waiting until check in to try and get connecting.

HTH :)

if you want to book a package the earliest you would be able to make reservations for december 2016 would be when disney opens the next calendar year for booking which is typically late july/early august.

yes you would only need to put $200 per room down.
the balance does not need to be paid in full until 45 days prior to your trip but you can feel free to make payments before that.

if you want two rooms just book two rooms and request that they be connecting rooms and emphasize that if it not not connecting that you'd at least like it to be adjoining (which means next to each other).

9 times out of 10 you'll get what you request.
there has been several times in the past that my family has had 3-5 rooms all in a row.

I'm looking at April 2016 and planning to call and book my room 499 days in advance. I'll convert it to a package once they are released online in the summer of 2015. I want to book early as the LM rooms at AoA seem to book up fast!

I'm looking at April 2016 and planning to call and book my room 499 days in advance. I'll convert it to a package once they are released online in the summer of 2015. I want to book early as the LM rooms at AoA seem to book up fast!

You can change to a package later, but keep in mind that the RO will have to be cancelled/refunded and a package booked, requiring a new $200 deposit. Since RO and packages are different reservation systems, money paid toward one cannot be applied to the other. In addition, you might have to speak to someone in guest services to make the change if there are no LM rooms available at the time you want to change to a package. CRO doesn't usually have the ability to change reservation types without losing the room, so if there are no more rooms available to rebook under, CRO won't be able to make the change.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter