Question re: Skyauction-Please help!

imgointoDis

Earning My Ears
I posted this question on the budget board, but didn't get any response. I'm hoping I have better luck over here! When you bid on skyauction, is the bid for the entire week, or per night. Some specify, "bid per night and choose your length of stay". Others say bid per item. Is an item an entire week? I'm confused, and don't want to make a mistake! Thank you!!!!

:confused:

Some of the bids are for & will say for "7 nights" that is a bid/cost for the entire 7 nights not per night. Then there are the bids that say 2-14 days (where yo decide the lenght of your stay), they are per night, ex: you want 3 nights..you bid $21 so that is a pre night bid. Did I confuse you?? Have you read SkyAuctions FAQ's??? Read the FAQ's & also go into the trip you want to bid on, they explain in detail what you are bidding for.... hope I helped...

Read everything very carefully before you place your bid. It seems all of the auctions are different. Some are for the whole week and it will say that. Others are per night. There are also always additional charged added to your bid and some of them are per room, some per night, and some per PERSON! Sometimes I look at bid on there and I just KNOW someone didn't read through the description carefully and is going to be mighty disappointed!

Please read everything very carefully, but don't be scared! We just had a truly wonderful experience with skyauctions, and the luxury accomodations we enjoyed for seven nights for $222 TOTAL surely added to our enjoyment! It was listed as a seven night stay at the Embassy REsort Grand Beach in Orlando. It listed a "check in" date with check out any time during the following six days, but the bid was one cost for any number of nights up to seven(i.e., I paid $222 regardless of whether I stayed one night or all seven), because it was advertised as "7 nights". There was a "charge" of $195 plus a $15 shipping and handling fee (they claim to send ressies/confirmation via overnight mail BUT the emaile mine, but still charged the $15). Bidding opened at $1. I bid $1 and entered $20 on the autobid function. This means that if there is a counterbid, skyauctions will re-enter my bid for $1 higher than the counterbidder's, up to a total of $20. I ended up winning with a bid of $12, which means I paid $222 )$195+$15+$12) for our stay. I would definitely do this again, but just remember that, like with priceline or any other discounter, you have to read everything carefully, first, before placing your bid!

We, also, just returned from a wonderful vacation in Orlando using a condo won from skyauction. I look forward to bidding again!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter