Question re Beaches and Cream (these days)

There are so many places to get ice cream, would it really be worth the logistics of 2 people trying to carry out 11 ice creams? And what are the other 9 going to do while you’re inside ordering, waiting for the ice cream, and paying... just hang out by the exit? Hypothetically speaking of course, cause you were asking for a friend.

There are so many places to get ice cream, would it really be worth the logistics of 2 people trying to carry out 11 ice creams? And what are the other 9 going to do while you’re inside ordering, waiting for the ice cream, and paying... just hang out by the exit? Hypothetically speaking of course, cause you were asking for a friend.

for my group of 6, it’s me, DH and 4 teenage boys. We have two reservations for two people 90 minutes apart. I think the boys would just find it funny to carry out a couple kitchen sinks and no way Jose. We are staying at Boardwalk so I might just send in two boys at a time.

for my group of 6, it’s me, DH and 4 teenage boys. We have two reservations for two people 90 minutes apart. I think the boys would just find it funny to carry out a couple kitchen sinks and no way Jose. We are staying at Boardwalk so I might just send in two boys at a time.

You're not carrying out a kitchen sink unless they've made SIGNIFICANT changes.

I have a feeling it will open up for walk up; Disney seems to be gearing up for things given the restart of the college program.

I know there is no walkup/take out service; If I have a reservation, can I take my order "to go"?

Let's say I have a reservation for 2 people but there is 11 in or party (hypothetically of course; asking for friend etc) -
can two of us sit down, order 11 ice creams /. malts / sundaes / whatever and take them all to go?
Theoretically why not. Sit down, order and when the food comes out have it packaged. On a smaller scale I had an entree split at Topolinos terrace and half of it packaged immediately for take home. I guess the only
Issue is you would have to tip as if you are the meal in house, as they reserved the prime space for you.

So I guess the question (maybe combining this and another thread) is: can you make a reservation for 2 people, have 2 people show up, have them order nothing to eat at the table but order 11 different ice cream dishes, all of which are to be packaged up to go?

Disney can only have a limited number of people sitting down in the restaurant.

Maybe they like the idea of receiving more orders than there are seats: more $$$.

But maybe they do not like the idea of receiving more orders than there are seats. Maybe the number of cast members working in the restaurant is geared toward the number of seats, and this type of order would overwhelm those cast members (slowing down service for the other people who are eating in the restaurant.)

The other problem is how would you physically carry out those orders. Can all of them be placed in containers with lids? Does the restaurant provide bags?

All of this sounds like a giant headache to me. Bringing your own bucket from home to dump ice cream into? Trying to wrangle 11 different ice cream orders in the middle of summer and take them to go? I would just go to the Fountain and have a stress-free experience.

All of this sounds like a giant headache to me. Bringing your own bucket from home to dump ice cream into? Trying to wrangle 11 different ice cream orders in the middle of summer and take them to go? I would just go to the Fountain and have a stress-free experience.

I think it sounds fun!! We go to Beaches for the experience not the ice cream, truly. I think my boys would find the experience of transferring an ice cream at a time to family waiting on the Boardwalk to be something to remember

I think it sounds fun!! We go to Beaches for the experience not the ice cream, truly. I think my boys would find the experience of transferring an ice cream at a time to family waiting on the Boardwalk to be something to remember
I'm sure the waiter that has to clean up the giant mess they make in the process, will find it something to remember too 🤣

Yup. That thing's a big enough disaster of melted mess eating it in the restaurant. I can only imagine what it'll be like in this situation. Hope they're not going in the summer. :crazy2:

Knock yourself out if it's what you want to do.

I'm sure the waiter that has to clean up the giant mess they make in the process, will find it something to remember too 🤣
They aren’t messy. That is not how they were raised. I do find it possible to transfer food, including liquids, without making a mess. And we certainly wouldn’t leave it for others to clean up. They aren’t toddlers.

Well, I didn't mean to start a "discussion" on this. I can certainly see the downside of 11 "to go" orders given to 2 people in a fairly crowded space.

And I appreciate the suggestion of the Fountain (in fact we'll be at the Dolphin). It's just that B&C is a tradition with our family dating back to the 90s

On Saturday, we showed up around 2, and were given a 35 minute wait time for a table outside. We had 6, and we were seated outside in 35 minutes
I had heard that you can't walk up and put your name on a list for B&C. Is that what you did? I'm hoping you can since is one we want to try but can't get reservations and we are staying at the YC.

I had heard that you can't walk up and put your name on a list for B&C. Is that what you did? I'm hoping you can since is one we want to try but can't get reservations and we are staying at the YC.

I don't know about walking up and putting your name on the list, but you can most certainly join the walkup list for B&C on the app.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter