Question re: 125% on a Cancelled Cruise

MrsInsG

Mouseketeer
Hi All-

We were booked on the now cancelled 7/25 Fantasy. About a month ago we proactively changed our dates to the Fantasy Christmas sailing. I know some guests have reported DCL still giving them the 125% even though they had already transferred to a later date prior to cruise cancellation. I am not expecting this as I did change my dates prior to DCLs announcement, however, if there is something I'm supposed to do in order to secure the extra 25% I'd like to do it as it is a substantial amount of money. Does anyone who has had experience with this situation know if there is some step I need to take? I appreciate any guidance.

Thanks!

Let me piggyback my questions here -

We had not PIF prior to proactively moving our cruise. Any word on getting a credit in this situation?

We moved forward to a cruise that was $500 less and took that refund. I wonder of that will affect our chances. I will email TA, but I’m giving it a few days to settle down first, so if anyone gets an update I’d love to know!

Let me piggyback my questions here -

We had not PIF prior to proactively moving our cruise. Any word on getting a credit in this situation?
They are only giving the extra credit to those who were PIF regardless of whether you moved your cruise or not. If you are not PIF then no, no extra credit.

Well, that’s good news; we were PIF!

We got our email with the retroactive 25% credit several days after the cancellation announcement, so give them a few days. I suspect they staggered it a bit to avoid overwhelming phone lines with people who want to call to spend their credits.

Any updates on this as of yet?
Our previous cruise cancelled in the last round, but we had already rescheduled to next year.
Not had anything as of yet regarding the 125% credit (we were PIF)

Any updates on this as of yet?
Our previous cruise cancelled in the last round, but we had already rescheduled to next year.
Not had anything as of yet regarding the 125% credit (we were PIF)

Hi- as of now, according to my DU agent, DCL is not offering the extra 25% to people who changed cruises whether PIF or not. Oh well!

I’m surprised that DCL haven’t come out with at least a refund of cancellation fees for those who cancelled their cruises because of the pandemic.
They don’t have to, of course, but would have been a nice gesture.

I’m surprised that DCL haven’t come out with at least a refund of cancellation fees for those who cancelled their cruises because of the pandemic.

It may still come; from what I understand, they move through guests in stages and it sometimes takes a few weeks to get to those who had moved/canceled.

It may still come; from what I understand, they move through guests in stages and it sometimes takes a few weeks to get to those who had moved/canceled.

I don't think it's ever taken more than a week for those people to be contacted though; our cancellation was in the round just before the most recent one, and everyone in our round of cancellations got the email a few days later.

We may just have gotten to a point where the logic behind giving the retroactive benefits didn't apply any more. We were already well past our PIF before Covid cases started arriving in the US or affecting the cruise industry. So when we cancelled one room, we had a cancellation penalty, and when we moved the other, we were allowed to do so by DCL but only if our cruise fare converted to 100% non-refundable (which is still the case, as I found out when I recently tried to cancel a ground transfer). I think they may have now gotten to the point where most people whose cruises were cancelled in the latest round had an opportunity to cancel or move without penalty.

I agree with this. I’m in the group that would/should get the 25%. I’m okay with not getting it, it got too stressful for me to wait it out and I’m happy I moved it when I did. But I agree those who cancelled should now get their deposits back, or at least it would be nice!

And you were PIF and had changed your cruise? Congratulations, BTW; that's great news and I hope you enjoy your next sailing!

Yes, we were PIF on the July 25thNorthern European cruise, but rescheduled it out to next years 9 night Southern Caribbean before the July one was cancelled.

Looking forward to next years Fantasy sailing now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter