Question on using Disney Visa for 0% for 6 mo.

Are you asking where do you see on your statement if it qualified? Or where do you look on Chase's website for what is covered under the 0%?

On your statement, there is a section towards the bottom of the statement which will show the qualified promo amount (original amount charged that qualifies), the remaining balance on the qualified charges, and the expiration date for when the 6 months ends. I received an email from Chase recently that said they were going to be redesigning the statements to make this information more prominent. But I haven't seen a statement that has been redesigned yet.

Where on the statement. Awesome! I charged an onboard credit in advance just to see what happens. I'll see if it populates on this statement as 0%. Thanks!

Where on the statement. Awesome! I charged an onboard credit in advance just to see what happens. I'll see if it populates on this statement as 0%. Thanks!

The following is what appears on my monthly statement. It was on the last page of my statement. The $18.88 was a Rainforest Room day pass I purchased prior to my cruise and the $250 is the placeholder I purchased while on the cruise.

Is the 3 day deadline to prepay on board acct with Disney Visa for 0% a definite rule? I’ve read it in some places but not others. If a cruise were in 1 or 2 days is it worth calling to prepay with the visa?

I pre-fund my on board account with my Disney Visa to take advantage of the 0% and my travel agent told me you had to do it 3 days prior to sailing. I hope this helps. You might want to call and try, but I would be prepared that you may not get zero % and will need to pay it in full.

OBC purchased in advance qualified for the 6 months with no interest, but charges paid onboard do not.

You can ask your travel agent to pay money toward your onboard account up until 3 days before the cruise. You can also pay money on your account by calling the phone number for Gifts and Amenities.

What if you put more than you end up needing on your OBC? Will they just credit back your card?

What if you put more than you end up needing on your OBC? Will they just credit back your card?

I will just go back on your account. Takes about 7-10 days. - 2 cruises ago we put $500 on account, had our $200 OBBC and when we got on the ship my MIL surprised us with $200 more credit for my birthday. They also take your credits in order. OBB first, then the onboard account money in the order you place it on the account. MIL's money was put on first so they used "her" funds first and we ended up with about $100 left and it just goes back on your card and reduced the financed amount.

Yes, as OP mentioned it will be credited back to your card, against the promo balance.

But I wanted to point out that if you have a promo balance, ANY returns/refunds/credits will be applied against the promo balance regardless of original purchase. So if you have $2K promo balance for a cruise, then buy and subsequently return a $300 TV, you will have a $1700 promo balance and the $300 remains in your regular revolving balance for the month. Any “payment” outside of one regular monthly payment will be applied to the promo balance.

Enjoy your cruise!

Thank you for this wonderful information! We are planning on sailing next summer and I am going to take advantage of partial payments!

Thx. Seems like a good deal if you don’t have the cash on hand, but need to make payment. And you get the Disney Rewards Dollars, too.

Still, if you do have the cash on hand, not sure if the Disney Visa beats buying gift cards at Sam’s at a 3-4% discount + whatever points/rewards a better card gives you (e.g., AmEx, Discover).
Except that a cruise is refundable and Disney gift cards aren’t. There are MANY people out there with thousands of dollars on Disney gift cards. Cancel a cruise or Disney trip and now you have all your $ back.

Except that a cruise is refundable and Disney gift cards aren’t. There are MANY people out there with thousands of dollars on Disney gift cards. Cancel a cruise or Disney trip and now you have all your $ back.

Pretty sure gift cards are refundable if you haven’t yet applied the balance to a purchase/charge?

Pretty sure gift cards are refundable if you haven’t yet applied the balance to a purchase/charge?

I don’t think you can take a gift card back to the store and get cash. Pretty sure that’s a no-no. That’s why I regularly see people on Nextdoor trying to sell gift cards.

I don’t think you can take a gift card back to the store and get cash. Pretty sure that’s a no-no. That’s why I regularly see people on Nextdoor trying to sell gift cards.

https://help.shopdisney.com/hc/en-u...-Card-that-I-purchased-or-received-as-a-gift-
I believe it goes back to your original form of payment, so you can’t get actual cash back if you originally paid with a credit card.

I’m guessing a lot of the people on Raise/NextDoor/etc. obtained those gift cards via a method other than cash, and selling them third-party is the only way to convert to cash.

Last edited:
https://help.shopdisney.com/hc/en-u...-Card-that-I-purchased-or-received-as-a-gift-
I believe it goes back to your original form of payment, so you can’t get actual cash back if you originally paid with a credit card.

I’m guessing a lot of the people on Raise/NextDoor/etc. obtained those gift cards via a method other than cash, and selling them third-party is the only way to convert to cash.

that is correct. It goes back to your original form of payment.If it’s refunded to your credit card you can either use it to offset ongoing expenses OR you can get overpayments refunded.

if it goes back to a gift card you cannot turn it back to cash. My state, California, has unique consumer protections in that you can cash out gift cards. But even then only up to $10. That’s part of why merchants LOVE gift cards. It’s $ in their till that may or may not convert to merchandise.

I love finding ancient threads when I google something. That's how I came here tonight.

I've used the 0% for Disney World trips but never for a cruise before. How did I not know about that perk!

Having just gotten a $62,000 estimate for foundation work on our house :faint:, I will definitely be taking advantage of this Disney deal.

:disrocks:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter