Question on travel to Hilton Head

BobH

DIS Veteran
I am looking for advice. I plan on flying from either Boston, Providence or Hartford to Savannah - and then driving to Hilton Head (45 minutes). This seems to be the shortest route from New England. Has anyone had any success making this trip?
All flights seem long (at leat 5 to 6hrs) and most require a transfer in Atlanta. It almost seems to be easier to go to Florida and forget a Hilton Head trip from New England. Any help would be appreciated.

It is going to be very difficult to find a direct flight from Boston to Savannah, especially with the cutback in airline routes. I believe Air Tran flies from Boston to Savannah with a stopover in Atlanta. You can check them out online at www.airtran.com and try to find your best flights.

5-6 hours is better than a 15 hour drive. HH is a great resort on a great island and well worth the trip.

Thanks for the info. I also located a US Airways from Boston to Charlotte with a connecting flight to Savannah for $224 and a travel time of only 4 1/2 hours. However, we don't do small planes the connecting flight is a Dehavilland Dash 8 seating only 37 passengers. Thanks again.

We flew this past July on United from Boston to Dulles/DC then onto Savannah. We will be flying again this coming July on United via Dulles. The trip from Savannah to HH is short and pretty. We're actually arriving a day early to spend the nite in Savannah. We didn't get to see enough of it last trip (only lunch).

Oh, and the airfare for this July was much better than the last one. July 2002 is $188 RT and July 2001 was $245 but the fare went down so many times I had about $80 in vouchers per person to use for this year's trip!

Cora

The Dash8 is not a bad flight- and is a nice aircraft, so you might still consider that as opposed to the drive from Charleston.

Enjoy!

Bob,

Two possible options for you may be airports other than Logan. Southwest Airlines flies out of Providence RI and Manchester NH. Each go to Jacksonville FL, which I believe is less than a two hour drive to HHI.

The flight from RI is 3.5 hrs with one stop and from NH is 4 hrs with one or two stops.

I am not sure if these would be options for you based on your location relative either airport. For me, an hour drive from home is better than an hour dealling with Logan's delays and traffic.

I hope it helps.

HI - I don't know how close you are to Bradley International Airport (in CT), but I know when we flew to Savannah last May, Delta offered a nostop flight from Hartford to Savannah - it left around 11:00am. We we not able to take that particular flight because I had to work the day we left and we needed a later flight. We ended up flying Delta and connecting through Atlanta - that was not fun with two small kids - our connecting flight was quite a hike!!! Would not recommend connecting through Atlanta unless you have 1 hr or more layover.

As someone mentioned in another post, I am not sure with all the cutbacks if Delta is still offering a non-stop flight to Savannah, but it is worth checking into.

BTW - The Savannah Airport was really nice, very easy to get you luggage and very easy to get your rental car. We drove to Disney's Hilton Head Island Resort straight from the airport and it took about 45 min.

Have a great time at Hilton Head, it is a great Resort!!!!!!!

I saw the flight from Bradley. However - it was priced at a little over $600 the other day so I wrote that one off. I don't like connecting flights, but when the difference is more than $400
(Boston offered $184 - connecting in Atlanta to Savannah) I'll take the connecting flight. There is no rhyme nor reason to the airlines prices betwen airports that are less than 1 1/2 hours apart.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter