• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Question on paying seperate for meals when you have "wishes"

StaceyA

<font color=006600>Disney fanatic!<br><font color=
Hi gang,

I have gone to WDW on the Silver plan before and will again next month, usually we will use our wishes for sit down meals that are more expensive so we wouldn't use them for breakfast or lunch buffets....we usually pay cash but planned on charging it to the room and then just paying cash at the end of the trip instead of carrying around the cash all day.

If we give the server the card to pay, will wishes automatically be taken off the account just because they are there?

Would we have to tell the server that we have wishes on there but plan on actually paying for this meal rather then use them?

Thanks for any help!

Bumping up to see if anyone has answers for me ;)

Yes, I would definitely make you that you tell your server what you are doing, and how you want to be billed.And repeat it again at the time of paying.

Also, if the meal has been applied to your wishes by accident, you can simply go t the front desk of your resort and have them change things around for you.
You will know in advance though if that happens, because after the server charges a card for wishes, it will state on the bottom of your receipt how many wishes still remain on your acct. and the receipt will consist of all zeros.

Does that make sense?

Chris

Make sure the server knows what meals are for the wishes and what meals you are room charging. The server will have to split your check and ring the wishes check under your wishes and the room charge check under the room charge. Its very simple if they know what they are doing. Check your receipts before you leave the restaurant to make sure its correct. One thing to look for, on the wishes receipt, make sure the guest count that is listed near the top is the same number of wishes that you are using. The computer deducts wishes based on what the guest count number is. Does that make sense?

Originally posted by suzannews
Make sure the server knows what meals are for the wishes and what meals you are room charging. The server will have to split your check and ring the wishes check under your wishes and the room charge check under the room charge. Its very simple if they know what they are doing. Check your receipts before you leave the restaurant to make sure its correct. One thing to look for, on the wishes receipt, make sure the guest count that is listed near the top is the same number of wishes that you are using. The computer deducts wishes based on what the guest count number is. Does that make sense?

TY to both of you for your responses!
We are planning to pay for meals together so we would not use wishes at all, we will make sure to mention it to the server at the end of the dinner.

You are heada lettuce right? LOL
Maybe we will see you at the WC on Nov 27th at 6:10!!

Originally posted by StaceyA

You are heada lettuce right? LOL
Maybe we will see you at the WC on Nov 27th at 6:10!!

I am Heada Lettuce! Hope to see you in November.

Originally posted by suzannews
I am Heada Lettuce! Hope to see you in November.

;) hope to see you then, this will be our first time ever at WC, all 4 of us!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter