Question on applying unused ticket to Magic Key

TinkAgainU

Trust In The Pixie Dust
I purchased Magic Key online - with the payment program. When tried to apply unused ticket to the balance at Ticket Booth Window - told (twice) cannot be done. Then Guest Relations person at DCA (person letting people in the line) said must do at time of purchase at Ticket Booth, but the website clearly said to purchase MK online that day, so did not go to the Park to purchase. Disney's conflicting info can be so very frustrating.

If anyone actually ACCOMPLISHED this, this week, please let me know how or who you spoke with? Thanks!

Last edited:
The CMS are correct. An unused ticket can only be upgraded to a new Magic Key when Magic Keys are open for new sales, and I believe this transaction must be done at a ticket booth. You cannot apply the value of an unused ticket against an already purchased Magic Key.
This was my experience as well.

My understanding is that it must be done at time of purchase. You either need to enter the park with your ticket and upgrade to MK on the app, or wait in line at the ticket booth to use two methods of payment (ie. ticket + credit card).

You might be able to get them to simply refund the unused ticket. I have known people who hit the right CM to make that happen, since they do have that capability, at least. (They don’t have to. But if you are nice and explain that you misunderstood but have heard of people getting refunds, they might do it.)

But they don’t physically have a way to apply that towards an already-purchased Magic key.

I have the same situation and they recommended that I “gift” my unused ticket to my wife who is not getting a MK for a future trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter