Question??? Has anyone gone to the parks the end of September???

Tenuviel

Mouseketeer
My DS's birthday is Sept 27th, and my original plan was to take him to WDW for his birthday in the next couple years, but the budget is just not going to make it. I have typically done the Disneyland thing during peak times in the past. Anyone been around this time of year? I am just wondering if this is a time where there isn't as many shows and/or a lot of rehabs?

Thanks!

My DS's birthday is Sept 27th, and my original plan was to take him to WDW for his birthday in the next couple years, but the budget is just not going to make it. I have typically done the Disneyland thing during peak times in the past. Anyone been around this time of year? I am just wondering if this is a time where there isn't as many shows and/or a lot of rehabs?

Thanks!

First, here are the Park Hours and Entertainment Schedule for September of last year, so you can get a sense of what was on the calendar:

http://www.wdwinfo.com/disneyland/park-hours.cfm?month=9&year=2010

I've been to DLR in late September once in recent years (usually I go in October and December), and I don't think there were a lot of rehabs during that specific trip, but keep in mind that chunks of California Adventure are under contruction now as the billion dollar transformation takes place.

Here is the Halloween at DLR Superthread - Part 2 (Pages 1 & 2 have tons of information on the Halloween Time season, but not specifically about rehabs):

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2560082

The end of September will be part of the official Halloween Time season at Disneyland Resort. We're not sure of the start date of the season yet, but it definitely will have started by 9/27.

The end of September is generally a less crowded point at DLR, and a less crowded point in the Halloween season (in comparison with October, when the crowds pick up a bit). The hours will be shorter as a rule.

You will get to see Haunted Mansion Holiday and likely Space Mountain Ghost Galaxy, among the other festive Halloween highlights (detailed in the Halloween thread linked above).

Thanks!

It's a great time to go for a mix of reasons. Great weather. Low Crowds. Halloween decorations. No regular major attraction rehabs.

Hours and entertainment are limited during the week. But hours are long and they have a full schedule of entertainment on the weekends. This is common during all low crowd periods.

Next fall though there is going to be a lot of work on the entrance to DCA going on. Outside of that DCA will be finished except for Carsland which is new to the park so you won't be missing anything.

We went at the end of September 2008. The first couple of days were fine. But the weekend and after were really crowded. We happened to hit it when the first Halloween party was the following weekend, and I think that people were coming in for the week and to go to that. It was also 95 out and just HOT!

First, here are the Park Hours and Entertainment Schedule for September of last year, so you can get a sense of what was on the calendar:

http://www.wdwinfo.com/disneyland/park-hours.cfm?month=9&year=2010

Here is the Halloween at DLR Superthread - Part 2 (Pages 1 & 2 have tons of information on the Halloween Time season, but not specifically about rehabs):

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2560082

The end of September will be part of the official Halloween Time season at Disneyland Resort. We're not sure of the start date of the season yet, but it definitely will have started by 9/27.

The end of September is generally a less crowded point at DLR, and a less crowded point in the Halloween season (in comparison with October, when the crowds pick up a bit). The hours will be shorter as a rule.

You will get to see Haunted Mansion Holiday and likely Space Mountain Ghost Galaxy, among the other festive Halloween highlights (detailed in the Halloween thread linked above).

Thanks for the great info!!!!

It's a great time to go for a mix of reasons. Great weather. Low Crowds. Halloween decorations. No regular major attraction rehabs.

Hours and entertainment are limited during the week. But hours are long and they have a full schedule of entertainment on the weekends. This is common during all low crowd periods.

Next fall though there is going to be a lot of work on the entrance to DCA going on. Outside of that DCA will be finished except for Carsland which is new to the park so you won't be missing anything.

I don't think we will make it this year, so hopefully we will get to the Carsland :)

We went at the end of September 2008. The first couple of days were fine. But the weekend and after were really crowded. We happened to hit it when the first Halloween party was the following weekend, and I think that people were coming in for the week and to go to that. It was also 95 out and just HOT!

I am a bit torn on the weekend thing...I really want to see the fireworks, but I don't want to deal with the weekend crowds!

Thanks again!

Just out of curiosity, was TSMM really closed the entire month of Sept. for rehab? If so, how likely is it to be that way again this year?

Just out of curiosity, was TSMM really closed the entire month of Sept. for rehab? If so, how likely is it to be that way again this year?

Yes it was! TSMM actually shut down in late August of last year, it was closed all through September (even over Labor Day weekend!) and did not reopen until almost mid-October!! I think October 10th was the scheduled reopen date.

No, it won't be like that again this year. They had to fix/install a particular thing in TSMM last year and that required the long shut-down. They needed to get it up and running before the holiday season. This year I'm sure it won't be down for any major refurbs unless something unexpected happens.

best time of the year to go!!! We usually go within the first 2 weeks school starts because the park is pretty quiet.

Thanks for posting . . . I am planning my first September trip to DL this year and am wondering about the same issues.

So, if I go in late September 2011 during the week (M-Th, to be exact), I should expect *no* fireworks or Fantasmic shows? And no showings of Aladdin either?

I believe TSMM was closed because they were revamping the games to include some of the characters from TS3. Took a bit of work!

I believe TSMM was closed because they were revamping the games to include some of the characters from TS3. Took a bit of work!

It wasn't for that reason. Only one game was changed and that can be switched out in a day or two. They were installing some sort of safety thing/contraption in the ride, I think, and that's why it took so long.

Yes it was! TSMM actually shut down in late August of last year, it was closed all through September (even over Labor Day weekend!) and did not reopen until almost mid-October!! I think October 10th was the scheduled reopen date.

No, it won't be like that again this year. They had to fix/install a particular thing in TSMM last year and that required the long shut-down. They needed to get it up and running before the holiday season. This year I'm sure it won't be down for any major refurbs unless something unexpected happens.

Thanks!!! That's good to know. We will be there right after Labor Day and when I read that from last year I got a little nervous. It will have been 2 1/2 yrs since our last trip. My kids loved TSMM and we only got to ride it once last time. Now I just have to keep my fingers crossed that we will be there before they close Space to install the Ghost Galaxy overlay. (please, oh please, oh please):upsidedow

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter