• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Question for Zip Lock Bag Users

cgajdzisz

Mouseketeer
I love the idea for using Zip Locks to pack. How much in advance have you used the zip locks? I am leaving in 2 weeks and want to pack but I'm afraid the clothes will be too wrinkled. Is it too soon to pack?:confused:

I usually pack about a week ahead of time. I also take a wrinkle release spray thay works great on my casual clothes.

I pack a week in advance and didn't have a problem with wrinkles. I also bought Downy wrinkle releaser to bring with us but barely used it! September was the first time we packed using Ziplocs and it was great. Everything fit neatly and we were able to fit more in the suitcase, in fact we eliminated a suitcase. It was much easier having outfits all together and we just put the dirty clothes back in the ziplocs to take home.

Have any of you been able to find the wrinkle release spray in travel size cans? I have only found large, full size ones.:confused:

I looked and looked for travel size wrinkle releaser and never found any. What I did was empty out a travel size bottle of fabreeze that came with my larger bottle and used it for the wrinkle releaser. It worked great.

what ARE you talking about? is there another thread somewhere I should see? I pack toiletries in ziplocks, but you are talking clothes. hmmmmm

Micki:crazy:

Whosemom I'm with you....enlighten me about the Ziploc bag packing!!!
I always have a TON of them with food stuff,cosmetics,colored pencils etc. Let me know the secret to the clothes thing!

Thanks!

I'm sure if you do a search on zip-lock bags you will come up with several threads.

The basic idea is to take one whole outfit; shirt, shorts, underwear and socks and seal it up into a zip-lock bag.

The suitcase stays organized and in the morning you toss each child a bag and they are ready to get themselves dressed.

It works like a dream.

I even sent my boys away to camp packed in zip-locks.

In the case of boys it can also ensure that the match fairly well.:cool:

My mother wanted to point out that one trip on Splash Mountain or Kali River Rapids will take care of any wrinkle worries you might have! ;)

Of course the teacups might be useful spin them out, or after about an hour in the Florida heat and humidity you will probably not have many clothing wrinkles either!:sunny:

I love this idea...

Do you use the 1 gallon size bags? I have 3 DSs (4.5, 2.5, and 4 mos) and would like to use this tip to save space for their buddies (pooh, tigger, buzz, woody, etc.) in the suitcase we're taking.

Thanks!

one trip on Splash Mountain or Kali River Rapids will take care of any wrinkle worries you might have
:) :) We learned that last summer!
Tetonman I read that the 1 gallon ones work good. You can also find 2 gallon ones that you can fit a few things in at one time. I found them at my local Pathmark store. People say that they found them in Wal Mart also.

I use them for DS so I can put one complete days worth of clothes in a bag and just hand him the bag in the morning to get dressed. I usually roll the clothes. They don't seem to wrinkle this way.

Just did this! I used quart bags for DS5's clothes, 1 gallon for mine,DS12 and 2 gallon for DH! I packed EVERYTHING in ziplocs!
Everything stayed organized, in the morning I just threw everyone a bag! I also packed a gallon one for extra socks to take with to the parks, fit great in the back pack. Take some extra 2 gallons for dirty clothes for the trip back and to hold wet things. I rolled the clothes up and there weren't any wrinkles. Also we were coming from the North so we dressed really warmly for our trip down, when we got off the plane we were HOT so I had packed in each of our carry ons a zip loc with a change of clothes as well as a bathing suit. This worked out great!
Happy packing all.....I started about a week out by the way and had ziplocs of EVERY shape everywhere!

This is the only way to pack clothes. I have 4 children and to search a suitcase for a complete outfit for each without the bags is such a chore. Especially when socks & undies are so close in size. And it's much easier to tell clean from dirty. My DH thought I was crazy until he was looking for clean tighty whities after his shower on day 4.

I usually use gallon size store brand bags. Cheaper than name brand - gotta save somewhere.

Try it - you'll like it! And don't forget if you need an iron - just call housekeeping. They will bring you the iron and a board.

They last better, too, so you can reuse them for more than one trip. Just put the smaller ones inside a larger one and leave them in the suitcase between trips.

I find that the sort with the little zipper gadget on them are quicker to deal with, though they cost a little bit more. I use 2-gallons for the grownup clothes, and gallon-size for the kid.

I also use a larger clear bag (the sort blankets come in) to hold beach towels, then I pack them in the carseat satchel. That pads the carseat and makes things easier if the satchel needs to be searched. (We always go to the beach, too, so we take our own towels.)

This is such a great idea. DW and I just finished packing for our trip on Friday. Three boys to pack for and the time this will save will be amazing... let alone the space in our bag!

Trip report to follow next week sometime when I get back!

Thanks everyone for all the info. Finished packing yesterday and everyone is right. I can't believe how much space I saved. Fit all my clothes and DD6 and DD1 in one of thoses big suitcases with the wheels! The great thing is that I will be able to find our things easily when we get there. DH laughed at me when I told him how I was going to pack boy was he surprised!:eek: From now on this is the way to go!:Pinkbounc

A pal of mine travels a lot on business and always uses the zippered bags for her stuff. She said her bags have been chosen for random search more than once but her stuff is never messed up because I guess they just look inside the bags and put them all back in her suitcase. She said she even puts a business suit in one!

but I do put everyone's underwear/socks in Ziplocs, and just store them in the drawer that way. I like pressing out the air so much that it's like those vacuum sealers on infomercials (ok - i'm strange!)

There is an ongoing joke around our house! From our last trip, I recycled some of the bags (they were clean socks). We buy the "Sam's Club" box of sausage/egg biscuits, and the box is too bulky for the freezer, so I put the (wrapped) sandwiches in a Ziploc, and the current bag is marked "Natt's Socks". Well, my DH loves to kid with my DD that she's having one of my socks for breakfast!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter